Author Topic: UFC 156 - Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar  (Read 7603 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: José Aldo....
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »
Personally, I thought he looked like shit! Kenny nearly won that fight.

I like Florian, but he looked bad last night. Slow and sloppy.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »
Still not the Aldo Im expecting. I dont know if the cut has gotten too much for him but he looked a lot more impressive in WEC. Faster and better. Looked more impresisve in the FIrst round of his last fight also.
He looked good though and Im glad he won.  But he should give 155 a shot. They're talking about him vs frankie @ 145. But How about Aldo Vs Frankie @ 155 instead.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
  José Aldo is amazing. I have just reviewed the fight. Incredible.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »

I just think p4p is a missleading term, strength, power, size are just as natural gifts as speed, movement et cetera. You here people say things like if he wasn't so big a lot, or if Pac was a heavyweight..(like he would be the same fighter)... no shit and if you take Tommy Hearns' power away he isnt quite so dangerous imao.

Who cares about P4P, G4P.....  that shit is ridiculous.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 11:01:08 AM »
p4p is a way to hype smaller fighters, it's a marketing term really. Also, jose aldo is not THAT good, he is simply good from a kickboxing stand point, and from a grappling stand point... well he is smart and avoids the ground lol, so really he is just good and smart, not mind blowing, but he will have a lot of success because for whatever reason everyone else sucks. People don't know how to hit in mma, I dont know why

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
Talk about blatant bouncing on 1 guys cock.Youre delusional at times ( infact all the time ). He never dominated, or destroyed anybody, and the same with Hominick.This great 'he knocks out most fighters in round 1' is bullshit, since in the UFC where he has decent competition hes rode out 5 round decisions each time.The guys overhyped and doesnt know how to 'destroy' anyone.Hes no different from GSP who gets called boring for riding out decisions.
As for hes exciting and doesnt lay n pray??? Have you actually seen his UFC fights or just 'heard' that hes supposed to be this destroyer of a fighter? Cos each fukin fight he lay on his opponents and done nothing.
Seriously stop posting now, you talk fuckin shit! :)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 11:20:37 AM »
Talk about blatant bouncing on 1 guys cock.Youre delusional at times ( infact all the time ). He never dominated, or destroyed anybody, and the same with Hominick.This great 'he knocks out most fighters in round 1' is bullshit, since in the UFC where he has decent competition hes rode out 5 round decisions each time.The guys overhyped and doesnt know how to 'destroy' anyone.Hes no different from GSP who gets called boring for riding out decisions.
As for hes exciting and doesnt lay n pray??? Have you actually seen his UFC fights or just 'heard' that hes supposed to be this destroyer of a fighter? Cos each fukin fight he lay on his opponents and done nothing.
Seriously stop posting now, you talk fuckin shit! :)
::)

You know nothing about fighting.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 11:35:29 AM »
::)

You know nothing about fighting.

Really? whys that big shot? Im an Aldo fan but he hasnt destroyed anybody yet in the UFC, but if you can explain to me how im wrong, im listening...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 11:40:05 AM »
Seriously stop posting now, you talk fuckin shit!

Thanks for sharing your opinion, "Kevcat". Now let's just wait for someone to give a shit about it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »
Really? whys that big shot? Im an Aldo fan but he hasnt destroyed anybody yet in the UFC, but if you can explain to me how im wrong, im listening...
He only fought twice in the UFC , he won convincingly both fights .

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
He only fought twice in the UFC , he won convincingly both fights .

Exactly, but a fighters judged on their recent fights asshole.The first fight it was all about he was just back from a layoff blah blah.So whats the excuse now? There is facts to be taken from this conversation, and that is he didnt destroy anyone, so the original point is bullshit.Next?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »
Exactly, but a fighters judged on their recent fights asshole.The first fight it was all about he was just back from a layoff blah blah.So whats the excuse now? There is facts to be taken from this conversation, and that is he didnt destroy anyone, so the original point is bullshit.Next?

You have proven yourself to be a complete fucking idiot. He fought Uriah Faber and Faber left the fight in a wheelchair. He fough Hominick and Hominick looked like he had a soccer ball growing from his forehead at the end of the fight and both his eyes were closed. How much more destruction do you want?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 11:50:24 AM »
 You have proven yourself to be a complete fucking idiot. He fought Uriah Faber and Faber left the fight in a wheelchair. He fough Hominick and Hominick looked like he had a soccer ball growing from his forehead at the end of the fight and both his eyes were closed. How much more destruction do you want?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

LOl did you watch the Hominick fight? Was he gettin hsi ass handed to him in the last round? so all that 'damage' he done meant fuckall to his opponent.Destroying somebody is what Jon Jones did to Rua, not riding out 5 round decisions you idiot ;), which is what happened with faber also.Seriously just quit!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
What excuses retard he won both fights decisively .

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »
LOl did you watch the Hominick fight? Was he gettin hsi ass handed to him in the last round? so all that 'damage' he done meant fuckall to his opponent.Destroying somebody is what Jon Jones did to Rua, not riding out 5 round decisions you idiot ;), which is what happened with faber also.Seriously just quit!

Getting an ass whoping for 5 rounds is still an ass whooping. So because he could stall the fight in the clinch both standing and on the ground and make it go all 5 rounds makes it less than a big beating? Did you see the state he was in at the end of the fight, idiot?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
  What I hate is when fighters try to hold their opponents to stall fights. This is what I despise the most. This is the problem with wrestlers in MMA. I believe that wrestlers have ruined MMA. Once they achieve the takedown, the fight is over. It becomes a snooze fest. They just lay on top of their opponents and keep hitting them with those little punches to win the fight via a decision. GSP is the epitome of this kind of fighter - even though in his fight with Kozschek he did show great boxing - and so is Brock Lesnar. Laying on top of your opponent and doing little punches to their faces makes for boring fights. A BJJ grappling match can be fun to watch. Just remember the epic grappling matches between Fedor and Nog back in PRIDE. So are slams. But "lay&pray" kind of wrestlers annoy me.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Remember what you wrote here, and what youve just said

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »
What excuses retard he won both fights decisively .

Its amazing that being a fanboy can make you blind to things.He won the fight, but apart from round 1 with Hominick hes looked no better than any other champion

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 12:03:10 PM »
  Getting an ass whoping for 5 rounds is still an ass whooping. So because he could stall the fight in the clinch both standing and on the ground and make it go all 5 rounds makes it less than a big beating? Did you see the state he was in at the end of the fight, idiot?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The problem with these idiots is that they listen to Joe Rogans bias commentary.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »
I thought Rogan was ass humping Aldo as well actually  ;)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 12:23:33 PM »
Its amazing that being a fanboy can make you blind to things.He won the fight, but apart from round 1 with Hominick hes looked no better than any other champion
Fanboy, ::)
I don't give a fuck about any fighter retard  , if Aldo got Koed last night   I wouldn't give a fuck , I appreciate a   fighter  ,skills ,technique ,heart.....etc , you in the other hand  you know nothing about fighting and your comments prove my point .

I'm out.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 12:56:58 PM »
people who havent been trained in fighting don't really know what is dominating or not in a fight. I took kickboxing when I was younger, not much, but it gave me the know how to see a fight for what it is, you gotta know what is going on in the fighters heads. When aldo stands in front of anybody in a fight, he dominates them, because there is no one in the ufc who is not afraid of getting hit by aldo, nobody can touch him in his weightclass unless bj goes down to 145

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 01:04:31 PM »
Aldo reminds me of a young Vitor in his aggressiveness and speed and natural talent , to Florian's credit he did better than what I expected him to do especially for a guy 35

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
people who havent been trained in fighting don't really know what is dominating or not in a fight. I took kickboxing when I was younger, not much, but it gave me the know how to see a fight for what it is, you gotta know what is going on in the fighters heads. When aldo stands in front of anybody in a fight, he dominates them, because there is no one in the ufc who is not afraid of getting hit by aldo, nobody can touch him in his weightclass unless bj goes down to 145

LOL youre point is clearly not valid then.You done a bit of kickboxing? WOW.Ive done 5 years of it now but thats nothing to do with how i see a fight.Kickboxing isnt cage fighting and i know what im seeing.
The guy is the legit champ, i dont doubt it at his weight.My opinion is that hes not this 'destroyer' that certain people proclaim him to be.He wins decisions in his last few fights.Sorry but thats not destroying anybody. Look up Mike Tyson in his early 20s for a fighter destroying opponents

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
I D0N'T KN0W MAN. I SAW THE FIGHT AND I'M G0ING T0 HAVE T0 DISAGREE. ALD0 W0N 2 R0UNDS CLEARLY BUT THE REST WERE CL0SE AND HE HAD T0 W0RK HIS ASS 0FF F0R THIS VICT0RY.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
wtf u been doing for 5 years then? Hitting the heavy bag? Who the fuck is calling him a destroyer, why the fuck you even talking shit if you been doing this for five years, you at aldo's level? hell no right? Why don't you take notes instead of criticizing the man