Author Topic: There are no bad exercises....  (Read 1145 times)

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
There are no bad exercises....
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »
..only poorly executed form. I can really only think of one exercise I would consider bad dangerous in any form.
The Russian twist. The spine is not meant to twist in that fashion. I think even one legged bossu ball idiot has some kind of value, just not for me.
 What say you?

njanvi

• Getbig III
Re: There are no bad exercises....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
..only poorly executed form. I can really only think of one exercise I would consider bad dangerous in any form.
The Russian twist. The spine is not meant to twist in that fashion. I think even one legged bossu ball idiot has some kind of value, just not for me.
 What say you?

There is a different between bad and dangerous. Many exercises are dangerous, but not necessarily bad. Those two things are not one in the same

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 11:42:22 AM »
Nope - only bad people doing them.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 11:59:24 AM »
 What say you?

Good mornings  :-\

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
There is a different between bad and dangerous. Many exercises are dangerous, but not necessarily bad. Those two things are not one in the same
Very true. Like behind the neck press. I feel better doing those then regular press to the front. But most would have you believe youll rip your shoulders out of the sockets doing them.

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
Very true. Like behind the neck press. I feel better doing those then regular press to the front. But most would have you believe youll rip your shoulders out of the sockets doing them.

On some movements, the reward of going heavy just isn't worth the risk. You can get decent results staying relatively light on behind-the-neck presses for a change of pace if you pair them w heavy "safer" movements.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »
 What say you?

I disagree, crunches are worse than russian twists. In any type of rotation exercise you stabilize the lumbar and rotate the shoulder girdle. You have about a 13 degree rotation between the lumbar and thoracic spine anything beyond that could be cause for injury.   

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 12:20:19 PM »
I disagree, crunches are worse than russian twists. In any type of rotation exercise you stabilize the lumbar and rotate the shoulder girdle. You have about a 13 degree rotation between the lumbar and thoracic spine anything beyond that could be cause for injury.   

So how do you train abs then?  since all ab exercises involve some form of a crunch

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
Your Mom's a bad exercise.
Trans Milkshake.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »
depends on how you're  build and how big you are
.. when i was smaller i could do behind the neck presses all day
soon as i got big these had to go.
choice is an illusion

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
So how do you train abs then?  since all ab exercises involve some form of a crunch

Unfortunately in bodybuilding some sort of "crunch" is a necessary evil. But to avoid further injury, I'd rather do a hanging leg raise or roman chair or even a bicycle movement would be fine. I rarely if ever do crunches with my athletes.