Author Topic: Why MMA Could Get You Killed  (Read 19186 times)

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

Why MMA Could Get You Killed
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
I've been saying this for quite some time and many don't want to hear it. MMA and brazilian Jiu Jitsu are no match for traditional martial arts. The Gracies always open up witha front snap kick followed by a take down. A true Karate master has a hundred ways of destroying someone stupid enough to proceed in that manner. The MMA teachers are promising these kids that they could whoop anyone with submission holds. The strikes and kicks of a Karate expert are LETHAL. Do not be fooled by the Gracies. These oily bastards would line up tomato-cans for their Gracie challenge. They always evaded true Karate masters. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Why MMA Could Get You Killed
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »
I've been saying this for quite some time and many don't want to hear it. MMA and brazilian Jiu Jitsu are no match for traditional martial arts. The Gracies always open up witha front snap kick followed by a take down. A true Karate master has a hundred ways of destroying someone stupid enough to proceed in that manner. The MMA teachers are promising these kids that they could whoop anyone with submission holds. The strikes and kicks of a Karate expert are LETHAL. Do not be fooled by the Gracies. These oily bastards would line up tomato-cans for their Gracie challenge. They always evaded true Karate masters. 

Rickson Gracie had OVER 450 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fights and NEVER EVER LOST to ANYONE ever , he is so masterful that he was thought about losing just to see what it felt like

a true Karate master would shit his gi looking across to Rickson  >:(

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:30:22 PM »
That greasy brazilian family have been lining up chumps for decades. You put a real street fighting Karate guy in there and he would kick and strike any one of those Gracies into the mat.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »
Perhaps someone should organize a martial arts tournament and settle this question of style vs style once and for all.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »
Perhaps someone should organize a martial arts tournament and settle this question of style vs style once and for all.

That's a good idea Rorion

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »

Kumite, Kumite, Kumite!

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
Don't even think about pointing to UFC 1 and 2. THE FIRST UFC'S WERE BANKROLLED BY THE GRACIES TO PROMOTE BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU. THEY HANDPICKED THE TOMATO CANS FOR ROYCE TO FIGHT.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »
Why MMA will get you killed.
(from guest blogger Barry Gauntt)

MMA is great for the following things:
-fitness
-strength building
-confidence
-discipline and focus
-balance and reflexes

MMA is not good for the following things:
-combat
-weapons
-stealth and survival
-unarmed defense against weapons
-tactical movement

When you are in danger of loosing your life it is because of:
-armed attacker
-multiple attackers
-multiple armed attackers
-no avenue of escape

MMA teaches you to meet your “opponent head on”. That is great for sport but with weapons or with an unarmed enemy that means you deadly harm you must not move in too quickly. A real conflict requires mobility and that is hard to manage when you are grappling with someone. The next time you are rolling with your jujitsu buddies think about what would happen if they had guns or knives while they were grappling with you. The last place you want to be is all up in someone’s mix when the bullets are flying and the blades come out. That is why soldiers don’t choke people out, they use weapons and they grapple only to control an enemy. If you are trying to engage someone with empty hands then you have already failed to take the advantage form the start.

MMA teaches you to do certain things because you are not worried about attacks coming from certain angles or in certain positions. It trains you for the reality of the “cage fight” not the reality of a deadly brawl using weapons or lethal techniques. I can’t drop an elbow onto the back of your head where the spine meets the brain if I’m “on the mat” but in real life that is going to happen if some jack hole tries to get me with a double leg take down. Also I will cup my hands and force air into the inner ear as I slap at the sides of your head. Contrary to some popular beliefs it is almost impossible to fight with a ruptured ear drum and that is exactly what happens when you take a full strength open palm strike to the ear. Then there is biting, ripping, clawing and anything else that you can do to hurt the enemy. The point is training for sport makes you leave yourself open to deadly attacks that are forbidden in the “ring”. Why does this matter? If you don’t care about defense or survival then it doesn’t matter and you should focus on your sport. If you care about survival then recognize that real life and sports don’t have much in common so you must choose the system grounded in real conflict, not the arena.

If someone try’s to tackle me I’ll stab them, slash them and chop them like meat for my table. If someone tries to punch me I’ll take his fingers and maybe an ear. If they kick me I’ll puncture the inner thigh and groin severing a femoral and a bunch of tendons not to mention your junk. The problem with unarmed fighting is you are going to die- period. I will not show you mercy just because you don’t have a weapon, if you try and hurt me or my family I will crush your bones to powder as I savagely butcher your flesh. You would beg your god for deliverance before your world fades to black and I will have no sorrow for what I did because you gave me no choice but to act. That is what combat means to the non-athlete, it isn’t a spectacle of bright lights and fan fare. Combat means somebody dies- no one looks forward to that, not even those Special Forces guys who train to kill all day long. We are all people and we have feelings, it hurts to hurt others and if it didn’t the world would be a place of hellish conflict and ruthless survival. Maybe it already is.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
while i agree about real combat being a fight to the death and not just some comradery building test of strengths between two guys who will hug afterwards...   i have to say that bringing up knives and guns is a bit over the top. getting into a quarrel with an armed individual when your unarmed is just stupid. turn the other way and run.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »
-Thinking about mercy
There is no excuse for fighting, it’s the most stupid thing you could ever do right up there next to huffing jet fuel or piercing your frontal lobe with a drill press. The only time you should engage someone in combat is when there is no other alternative. Once you make the decision to enter combat you should destroy the threat or at least control it with extreme prejudice. That means no mercy. That means break him so he can’t stand anymore, crush him so he can’t fight anymore or cut him so he can’t hold his weapon. Only the strongest beast has the luxury of extending mercy to his enemy, if you want to show mercy then you must be the strongest without question. If you are not the strongest then the other beast will know and they will take you apart. Then where would your mercy have gotten you?
In nature mercy occurs when one animal recognizes that it would be too costly to engage another animal, its automatic. That is how it is done with nature; with people it is more complicated. People are not as smart as animals so one person doesn’t know that the other person will kill them if they try and attack him. They won’t be able to sense that the target is a higher threat than they are so the only way to control them is to overwhelm them with force. If you dominate the enemy and break his spirit then he will have nothing left to fuel his fire. A couple of broken ribs, a few concussions and a dislocated wrist ought to do the trick if your feeling sporty, a quick elbow strike to the temple followed by a knee break if your not in the mood for games.
I train with weapons so I think like a weapon guy. I strike your head, neck, spine and major joints. I train to strike lethal targets fast and with mechanical repetition. What does that mean for the guy who tried to hit me with his flying knee? It means that he gets a free trip to meet his god. Plus because you obviously attempted a “sophisticated mma attack” I have to assume you are a trained fighter and then I can use a little “juice” on you without fearing a grand jury. “Why did you carve that man up MR. So and So?” “Well your honor he tackled me using some kind or jujitsu stuff and got on top of me like he was going to beat my teeth through the back of my head”. I don’t condone brutal violence for no reason but if somebody thinks he is going to hurt me then he and everyone who is with him is in for a surprise. If it is a question of them or me then I choose me and they can suck a fat one in hell for trying to hurt me or my loved ones. Life isn’t fair and I don’t think I’m going to loose sleep over someone who places no value on their own existence. To attack a stranger is to invite calamity, do so at your own risk.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
Haha, let's feed the troll...
Karate is very linear, and movements are too angular. What happens when someone catches the arm or leg? Or picks you up due to being between a movement? How can you prepare for being taken to the ground?

It's a good martial arts/discipline to learn and will help you out in a fight against an untrained person, but it hasn't proven itself in the ring against MMA (that I know of)

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »
WTF is all this about? an exposé on the real life application of MMA? It's entertainment ferchrissakes!

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »
Entertainment? The greasy Gracies say 90% of real fights go to the ground and you need BJJ to defend yourself. Wake up asshole!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »
In the end it is not the style, but strength and ability of the athlete.  I knew this skinny fucker who competed in TWD in the olympics.  His roundhouse kicks were lethal.  In close combat he got rushed by 4 guidos.  In a blink of an eye he knocked each one down.  Nothing a MMA guy could have handled.

Yet I knew other guys who were black belts and once a bar fight broke out looked like they didn't know how to fight.

I think the true secret to a real fight is getting guys in the ring without them knowing what the other guys discipline is.  Total secrecy. Let an MMA guy rush a karate guy without knowing he knows karate and is not expecting a block to the throat and a chop to the ears.  lol

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 01:27:57 PM »
Entertainment? The greasy Gracies say 90% of real fights go to the ground and you need BJJ to defend yourself. Wake up asshole!

I've never chanced upon a 'real fight', only a few bar brawls that ended in a flurry of badly thrown punches. Where does one find these 'real fights'?

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 01:30:38 PM »
Son, you really are a horse's ass.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 01:32:28 PM »
Grappling is great for sports and even one on one fight, but 2 or more attackers and it's no good. Locked up on the ground with one guy while his friends kick or smash a bottle on your head.

Look up US marinecorp martial art program, MCMAP if u want reality. Techniques gathered from all martial arts around the planet. You can't train it without joining though.
tank u jesus

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 01:35:28 PM »
Son, you no nothing of Karate. Go smoke some more grass, have another bag of cheet-ohs, and maybe puff on one of your crackmother's Kool Superlong 100's. This thread is for men.
Never answered the question...but went directly for insults, let me guess---verbal karate...
I know of people who have trained in karate, a great discipline. And they themselves say, if they got taken to the ground that there is no defense.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »
the people who make these, you are living in some kind of funny fantasy land, you know how hard it is to get into a fight? You know how hard your heart races when you know a fight is imminent? You know why a fighter has to have a corner to give him instructions? cuz there's no thinking in a fight, you're all animal, it's just survival, these karate masters or whatever walk around with a false confident, thinking they can talk shit and act tough... this is what's actually dangerous. If some black belt wannabe karateka or tkd "master" lol starts serious shit with some kid who's been going to mma classes for 6 months, he will get his ass kicked very horribly, and if that mma kid is also irresponsible, he could stomp the guy's head or something and cause serious injuries, fighting is no bullshit

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
You know why a fighter has to have a corner to give him instructions? cuz there's no thinking in a fight,

What  ???

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »
". . . oily bastards. . ."  LOLOLOL!!!  ;D
a

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »
there's some thinking, but not much

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »
there's some thinking, but not much

Hahaha ,OK

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »
at least not for me, my one and only kickboxing match my game plan went out the window when I got hit real hard

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »
Rickson Gracie had OVER 450 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fights and NEVER EVER LOST to ANYONE ever , he is so masterful that he was thought about losing just to see what it felt like

a true Karate master would shit his gi looking across to Rickson  >:(

Come on.  That number counts sparing matches.  those are not street fights in clothes and shoes.