Author Topic: Misplaced Rage of Occupy Wall Street  (Read 824 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Misplaced Rage of Occupy Wall Street
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:47:43 PM »

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/jeffcarter/2011/10/10/misplaced_rage_of_occupy_wall_street

Misplaced Rage of Occupy Wall Street

I have written how I don’t caucus with the Occupy Wall Street Crowd. They are a fraud.

The knee jerk reaction is that if I don’t concur with Occupy Wall Street and their assault on capitalism, that I must be a greedy capitalist and think the bankers are great guys that should be left alone.

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you will find that’s not true. Banks weren’t the root cause of the massive financial crisis we had, but they certainly were maidens to the disaster.

Banks responded to incentives that were put in place by regulators and government agencies like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Today, banks are being castigated for not lending to Main Street. But, you can’t blame them. The Federal Reserve is creating a situation where banks can just surf the yield curve and make a lot of money. They don’t need to work hard and take a larger risk to make a profit.

What’s really clear to me is that Washington DC really doesn’t know what to do about banks. Dodd-Frank is a miserable failure and already has raised the cost of doing business and hurt consumers. People in the CFTC and SEC are clueless to changes in the industry and what to do about them.

Bankers have become one of Obama’s favorite whipping boys in public. Behind the scenes he enjoys cashing their checks.

Occupy Wall Street is the right outrage, but it’s in the wrong place. It’s not capitalism that is killing us. It’s the people that try to control capitalism for their own means that are killing us.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Misplaced Rage of Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »
After watching the documentaries "Inside Job", "The Warning" and "The Meltdown", I had hoped Americans would pick up their pitch forks and torches and march to Wall Street and DC.  But now that it's finally happening, they are protesting and demanding the wrong things and they are angry at the wrong people.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 01:40:52 PM »
After watching the documentaries "Inside Job", "The Warning" and "The Meltdown", I had hoped Americans would pick up their pitch forks and torches and march to Wall Street and DC.  But now that it's finally happening, they are protesting and demanding the wrong things and they are angry at the wrong people.

You have to tear us away from:  X-Factor, Dancing with the stars, and Idol first.  figure a way to do that and you'll be the next POTUS.

Seriously though, we won't pick up pitch forks because we are too busy pointing fingers at each others party when its not the parties as much is its the system at this point. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
You have to tear us away from:  X-Factor, Dancing with the stars, and Idol first.  figure a way to do that and you'll be the next POTUS.

Seriously though, we won't pick up pitch forks because we are too busy pointing fingers at each others party when its not the parties as much is its the system at this point. 

Truth right there

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »
Truth right there

Ironic you say that considering you're arguably the biggest Obama fanboy on this board on your Blacken account. Who do you think you're fooling? You're in love with big government.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »
Ironic you say that considering you're arguably the biggest Obama fanboy on this board on your Blacken account. Who do you think you're fooling? You're in love with big government.

I have nothing to do with Blacken

You support Wall Street = Govern

Wake up

Why do you think no actions have been taken in regards to the financial system since the "crash"?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
Ok so remove Wall Street and big corporations..then what. Shut up idiot!
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »
Ok so remove Wall Street and big corporations..then what. Shut up idiot!

No you nut seperate money and politics and dont vote for the established candidates