Author Topic: Jay Cutler & Phil Heath posedown at NPC Utah Nutrimart Classic 2011  (Read 7894 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Oct 8th,2011

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Jay Cutler & Phil Heath posedown at NPC Utah Nutrimart Classic 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:15:46 AM »
Thanks for posting MC!

Some have written off Jay but I think if he repeats the way he looked in 2009 or maybe even 2010 next year he can win again, especially if Phil comes in a little off, although Phil is pretty consistent.  While I don't think Jay will be improving at his current age, I do think he may have the ability to replicate something close to his former best look which may be enough to win again.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »
Thanks for posting MC!

Some have written off Jay but I think if he repeats the way he looked in 2009 or maybe even 2010 next year he can win again, especially if Phil comes in a little off, although Phil is pretty consistent.  While I don't think Jay will be improving at his current age, I do think he may have the ability to replicate something close to his former best look which may be enough to win again.

i agree. anybody that says jay can't beat phil is foolish.
irongearco.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:33 AM »
i agree. anybody that says jay can't beat phil is foolish.

Great post.  While I think it will be harder for Jay to reclaim the title from Phil than it was for him to reclaim it from Dexter it is still possible.  The one thing people are talking about with Jay is his left biceps but I think so much attention was drawn to it due to the discolouration and not any deficit in the shape.  It will boil down to conditioning and if Phil comes in off again as he did in 2009 [which is unlikely] Jay has an even better chance of winning.  That said, Jay doesn't really have much to prove at this point.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:59 AM »
2011 Phil Heath version beat any version Jay has ever presented to the stage.

Moreover, so you think Jay can replicate what he has shown in the past and don't think Phil can improve and exceed his best showing to date..?  ???

Please think again until you come up with" Jay is done, Phil will never lose a show again"  ;D
Corvette Lover

whitewidow

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:59:57 AM »
Jay is overrated. although he looked sick a few days out from the O. I dont know what the F he did to his bicep shot some bad nolotil,tore a muscle who knows but he looked like complete shit at the show! If kai gets better and phil gets better wich will obviously be the scenario he is done!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:20 AM »

Moreover, so you think Jay can replicate what he has shown in the past and don't think Phil can improve and exceed his best showing to date..?  ???

Please think again until you come up with" Jay is done, Phil will never lose a show again"  ;D

I think if Phil posts improvements yet again next year, Jay will have little chance unless he is at or near his best.  It would take a 2009 version of Jay to win and even then it would be close.  With that said, if Jay comes in close to how he looked in 2009 or even in 2010 and Phil comes in as he looked in 2011 it could go either way I think and if [unlikely] Phil comes in off [as in 2009] and faced a very good version of Jay, Jay would win.  I wouldn't write off Jay quite yet although he has a very narrow window to be Mr. Olympia again.

However, if Jay takes drastic measures like Dennis Wolf did in 2009 or like Ronnie did in 2007, Jay will most definitely not win.  Ronnie stayed on gear all year that year while he would normally take off 3-4 months post Olympia.  Further Ronnie came in at around 280 thinking it was a conditioning issue and coming in smaller really drew attention to his left triceps which was down in size [see pictures below].  Even if Jay tried to improve somehow, I find it unlikely he can at this stage in the game.  If he can repeat his best ever performance I think he has a viable chance to win one more then retire for good.  He needs to weigh this possibility of victory with the potential for harming himself commercially in the case that he goes out in 2012 the way Ronnie did in 2007.  That said, seeing Ronnie's line at expos always being the longest makes me think Jay should be alright even if things don't work out for him.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »
Matt, Ronnie hasn't taken three days off gear since 1991.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 02:21:19 AM »

you are one stupid arab for real ,,you give arabs a very bad name,, why? because unlike you cant recognize how your own physiqe look like balonie....you cant recognize how philsulina is simply not bodybuild,, HE IS DRUG BUILDER,, big diff,, yes we bodybuild need drugs but we dont solely rely on them! he rely on the drugs solely! ,, no foundation ,,
FOUNDATION LESS

momnet he get even slightly smoother he look like local ,, when he is low water he look like state competitor ,, arms...well arms cant make a bodybuildr they never have,, the generation he compete in is just ...

generation nothingness,,

in my opinion philsulina may be the worst bodybuild ever! wore even than jason and columbo

gh15 approved

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 03:15:19 AM »
Oct 8th,2011

both terrible bodybuilders.
actually weird that they can be called the top since there are tons and tons of better looking physiques. all insulin

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 06:25:29 AM »
toughest thing about bbing nowadays is the illusion and keeping that illusion,,u have these guys offseason in gym shots semconditioned bulked and they look crazy big,on stage in that condition guestpose and its passable,on stage dry and lean and its wow,magazine's and internet and best pics taken and shown in ads and marketing and such creates the bbing look as a 24/7 and unfortunatley its impossible for these guy's to keep up.few lbs of water and bodyweight blurs out that great contest look.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 09:05:55 AM »
Whats up with the discoloration on Phils right rear delt and right lat?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 02:29:07 PM »
Palumboism is showing its ugly head in the body of Jason. Its sad really.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »
Heath got some thick forearms there (no homo)
#

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
Heath got some thick forearms there (no homo)
AND A NICE ASS (NO HOMO)
i

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »
both terrible bodybuilders.
actually weird that they can be called the top since there are tons and tons of better looking physiques. all insulin

X2. 

WOOOSSSHHHHH

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »
Matt, Ronnie hasn't taken three days off gear since 1991.

In the few months post-Olympia each year Ronnie would take time off training so I would guess that meant a reduction in his consumption of gear.  But you're right, I shouldn't have said he stayed on gear which implied he did not in other years.  After his 2006 win he did look not only to be big, but close to contest condition so it seems to me he was either using more or training more in the period immediately following the Olympia, unlike other years where he stopped training for several months to allow his joints to heal.  I had never seen Ronnie as big and in condition following an Olympia than after the 2006 O.  Jay came in off in 2007 and I think Ronnie could have won if he just repeated his 2006 showing.  Oh well.  Ronnie is still swarmed by fans every time I see him.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 03:24:38 AM »

i'm surprise ronnie wasnt on a hard.

jennifer celeste aka crazy eyes.  i'd drain my balls on her.

where did the bikini WOMEN greats go? oh, ifbb is outing them with 12 yr olds.  ::)