Author Topic: Family of Al Qaeda's Samir Khan Gets 'Condolence Call' From U.S. State Departmen  (Read 1048 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Condolences??   ???

Family of Al Qaeda's Samir Khan Gets 'Condolence Call' From U.S. State Department
By Cristina Corbin
Published October 11, 2011
FoxNews.com

The U.S. State Department made a phone call to the family of Al Qaeda propagandist Samir Khan to offer the government's condolences on his death during a U.S. drone strike in Yemen, a department spokesman confirms.

State Department spokesman Harry Edwards confirmed to FoxNews.com that a "condolence call" was made to Khan's family in Charlotte, N.C., but declined to provide further details out of respect for the family.

The phone call, which was first reported by the Charlotte Observer, happened last Thursday, a Khan family spokesman said.

"It was a pretty quick call," family spokesman Jibril Hough told FoxNews.com. "They apologized to the family for not reaching out and contacting them sooner."

Khan was killed along with cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, a leader of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, during a U.S. airstrike in Yemen Sept. 30.

The 25-year-old Khan first grabbed the attention of authorities when he was seen meeting with two terror suspects on New York's Long Island between 2007 and 2009, according to U.S. Rep. Peter King.

Khan, a Saudi-born man of Pakistani heritage who was a U.S. citizen, lived on Long Island before moving to Charlotte, N.C., where he began writing a pro-Al Qaeda blog from his parents' home.

In 2009, he moved to Yemen to join the terror network in the Arabian Peninsula. 

Hough said the government's call came a day after the family released a statement condemning what they described as Khan's unjust "assassination."

Hough said that while Khan's father, Zafar, was "receptive" to the government's phone call, he is "pressing for answers" on the "legality" of his son's death.

He said the family wants to know why Khan was not captured and afforded due process.

"I don’t think he was in a real position within Al Qaeda," Hough said. "He was a propagandist, but outside of that we don’t know to what extent he was involved."

Hough added that he and the family tried intervention before Khan moved to Yemen, "trying to get him to use his talents in a more positive direction."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/11/us-state-department-made-condolence-call-to-family-samir-khan/

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Screw him and them.

OzmO

• Getbig V
You realize of course had BUSH done this every liberal Tom Dick and Harry would be up in arms over it.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Someone still lost their son, brother etc.  It's the right thing to do considering he was an American citizen.
Abandon every hope...

OzmO

• Getbig V
Someone still lost their son, brother etc.  It's the right thing to do considering he was an American citizen.

He publicly joined the enemy, became a leader of said enemy and engaged in aggression against the USA and its citizens.  By that act alone he forfeited most of his rights IMO. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You realize of course had BUSH done this every liberal Tom Dick and Harry would be up in arms over it.

Why it seems like a nice thing to do haha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
He publicly joined the enemy, became a leader of said enemy and engaged in aggression against the USA and its citizens.  By that act alone he forfeited most of his rights IMO. 

Agree.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

This.

Fuck'em

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now

Are u fucking serious....Bundy had parents. Hitler had parents......what is it with u libs.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Meanwhile, the Coptic Christians left in Egypt, who are getting purged from existence by the fanatical Muslims, are told to exercise restraint by the anointed one.  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V

I agree, HE did, but his family still lost a son, brother etc.  Whether or not they agreed with his actions i'm sure they are sad their son is dead. 
Abandon every hope...

OzmO

• Getbig V
I agree, HE did, but his family still lost a son, brother etc.  Whether or not they agreed with his actions i'm sure they are sad their son is dead. 

I am sure they are.  Any parent would be. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Who gives a fuck - they spawned that devil 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Who gives a fuck - they spawned that devil 

Well said from a non-parent. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
I am sure they are.  Any parent would be. 

Exactly so because THEY are American citizens it's only civil to at least say something like "look we are sorry for your loss but we did what was best for the country and national security."  or something to that effect. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Exactly so because THEY are American citizens it's only civil to at least say something like "look we are sorry for your loss but we did what was best for the country and national security."  or something to that effect. 

"Oh, and by the way - we took the remains of that traitorous pieve of garbage and doused it in pigs blood" 

kcballer

• Getbig V
"Oh, and by the way - we took the remains of that traitorous pieve of garbage and doused it in pigs blood" 

What a sad human being you are.  Does it make you happy knowing just how horrible you are as a person?  You are exactly like a muslim extremist, you have so much hate you have lost the ability to see people as human. 
Abandon every hope...

OzmO

• Getbig V

wow, seriously dude.  Lay off the coffee.