Author Topic: Say no to bouncers..  (Read 4249 times)

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
Say no to bouncers..
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:18:35 AM »

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Say no to bouncers..
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:06 AM »
Haha, bouncer put me in handcuffs when I was young  ;D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:41:15 AM »
Obviously staged.  Although kind of funny considering how big of pricks the bouncers are in Sydney.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:45:41 AM »
i never understood why when you are a bouncer you have to unsympathic

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 02:52:40 AM »

A lot of cool ones out there - smaller clubs often have more likable ones.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13:37 AM »
It's a requirement when you apply for the job. In Belgium they call bouncers "buitenwippers"... :D

MikMaq

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:21 AM »

The sweet taste of revenge, there's no bigger buzz kill than a fucking bouncer.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 05:08:43 AM »
never had problems with bouncers ;)

Probably down to the fact that never

a) Tried to suck up to them
b) Was friendly and polite
c) Never made a fuss when they didn't let me in but just said no problem

MikMaq

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 05:24:48 AM »

Meh there just depressing, there the only people in a club gaurenteed to be having a bad time. Aside from that most of the bounchers I've met are small/fat, and when shit goes down, their useless.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 05:33:06 AM »

I'm sure that's the wisest way to handle things. If you behave like that then there won't be a problem as they want you to be their little bitch, kiss their ass, and to feel powerful. Anything that doesn't remind them that they are actually being paid peanuts by the rich guy inside and have to stand outside in the cold all night.

Problem is when they come up against guys that won't be pushed around, won't be spoken to like shit and have a big fucking ego themselves.

O

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 05:40:31 AM »

x10

Too many idiots trying to "get down" with the bouncers.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 05:42:27 AM »

Same here. Most times never wait in line either (when I went to clubs, dont anymore) just pulled the bouncer aside and greased him with a couple bucks to get right in. Actually bounced when I was about 21 at a small, but popular, bar near the beach where I live. Never treated anyone like I was better than them. Pretty much let EVERYONE in. If you showed me an ID with a picture on it you were getting in HAHA! Scored alot of girls too, for some reason they are drawn to the bouncers. In my experience at least.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 05:51:53 AM »
at night clubs all you gotta to is give some tips to them upfront and voila there is our private grarçon

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 06:02:50 AM »
I'm sure that's the wisest way to handle things. If you behave like that then there won't be a problem as they want you to be their little bitch, kiss their ass, and to feel powerful. Anything that doesn't remind them that they are actually being paid peanuts by the rich guy inside and have to stand outside in the cold all night.

Problem is when they come up against guys that won't be pushed around, won't be spoken to like shit and have a big fucking ego themselves.

it's either that or working at the local mac donald or as a garbage collector with their "qualifications". What job would you pick if you were in their shoes.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 06:10:59 AM »

Who says I am getting pushed around? 99.9% in life unless you deal with super hammerhead if you show respect you get respect.
The 0.1% are to be ignored.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 06:26:59 AM »
Who says I am getting pushed around? 99.9% in life unless you deal with super hammerhead if you show respect you get respect.

Well said.

I was a bouncer for 5 years and most customers didn't give me grief. Only the very drunk, junkies or small men had issues. Some just wan't to start shit with anyone when drunk and when they are reminded about some 'realities' they cry to anyone who will listen.

PS. I was always polite, didn't stand outside and made 200-300 € per night, 6h. If i wasn't fed up with childish drunk's, i'd still do it.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 07:09:29 AM »

I wasn't saying you were. When you said a) Tried to suck up to them I guess I had a mental image of you kissing their asses and making them feel a million dollars. Maybe you didn't mean it how I imagined.  I agree on the being respectful and reasonably friendly part but would leave it at that.

Then again, I am a fucking grouch and square. I can't dance and like to hear what people are saying so am almost always looking to leave the minute I , rarely these days, enter a club or place that needs bouncers..

O

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »

if you are too friendly to people they think they can be assholes in their and that you won't do shit about it.

It happened to me quite a few times that a dude come to the door to offer me a drink, than afterward he starts a fight and I throw him out, then he is mad a me because he tought we were friends

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:16 AM »
Being a bouncer is a customer service job mainly.

I have never had any big issues in 6 years. Just don't be a bully and you will be fine.

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 09:28:09 AM »
Well said.

I was a bouncer for 5 years and most customers didn't give me grief. Only the very drunk, junkies or small men had issues. Some just wan't to start shit with anyone when drunk and when they are reminded about some 'realities' they cry to anyone who will listen.

PS. I was always polite, didn't stand outside and made 200-300 € per night, 6h. If i wasn't fed up with childish drunk's, i'd still do it.

x2

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
if you are too friendly to people they think they can be assholes in their and that you won't do shit about it.

It happened to me quite a few times that a dude come to the door to offer me a drink, than afterward he starts a fight and I throw him out, then he is mad a me because he tought we were friends

love to get thrown out by you anytime slurpy stud

Stavios

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
love to get thrown out by you anytime slurpy stud

only if you look at me deep in the eyes while I am doing it so that I can feel loved and respected

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »

Thats pretty gay.  ;D

Stavios

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 09:59:29 AM »
Thats pretty gay.  ;D

yeah people are fucking homo man, they give you a beer and afterward they feel like they have known you a lifetime.

Especially true with the little homos who think they are hell's angels because the friend of their uncle's barber is one  8)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
if you embarrass people thats a massive trigger for fights. Be polite.

95% of my time is standing at the door saying hello, greeting people telling people where cigarette machine/toilet is.

Even when refusing people be decent about it etc