Author Topic: Eating Five Or Six Meals Each Day Speeds Up Metabolism - MYTH?  (Read 33351 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Eating Five Or Six Meals Each Day Speeds Up Metabolism - MYTH?
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »
LOL@ your "research".

What is with your poor comprehension?  Scroll up to my previous post dim bulb.

How about picking up an actual book sometime instead of a cut and paste without a source. Do you realize how many "gurus" that are on the internet that boast about they're "knowledge" without any real practical experience and just get their "knowledge" from just the internet alone?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »
2:43 PM | Posted by Martin Berkhan

My name is Martin Berkhan and I work as a nutritional consultant, magazine writer and personal trainer.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
2:43 PM | Posted by Martin Berkhan

My name is Martin Berkhan and I work as a nutritional consultant, magazine writer and personal trainer.
How about he clearly lists every single Journal where the research is derived from.

Roach, your brain is limited, I do realize this, but sometimes you ought not to wear such blatant stupidity on your sleeve.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2011, 09:31:20 AM »
Thanks guys, this is good!!

Please debate this Coach/Adonis!!!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2011, 09:51:55 AM »
In the offseason I eat six meals (including shakes) and I get fat.

Pre contest I eat six meals (including shakes) and I get lean

;D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »

if you want to look like wavelength and true adonis, then follow their 'ideas'.

if you want to look like you actually train and have muscle and be ripped at the same time, follow wes, or any other competitors dieting advise.

pretty simple concept.

at the end of the day, look who's doing the talking, see how much muscle they have/hold with their 'diet' and go from there.
b

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »

if you want to look like you actually train and have muscle and be ripped at the same time, follow wes, or any other competitors dieting advise.

pretty simple concept.

at the end of the day, look who's doing the talking, see how much muscle they have/hold with their 'diet' and go from there.
::)
Roidface.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
I just don't get it...
Why does the majority of the human population look like shit when they don't read Flex magazine, don't drink protein shakes, don't eat 6 meals a day, don't eat clean, i.e. they do exactly what today's nutrition "revolutioners" like TA say?! IF everything in old-school  BB books, magazines etc. is a myth and bro-science, why do office workers look the same after years of "working out" in the local gym and eating a cake for breakfast, and why are people who follow a typical BB diet more muscular and in shape?  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
I just don't get it...
Why does the majority of the human population look like shit when they don't read Flex magazine, don't drink protein shakes, don't eat 6 meals a day, don't eat clean, i.e. they do exactly what today's nutrition "revolutioners" like TA say?! IF everything in old-school  BB books, magazines etc. is a myth and bro-science, why do office workers look the same after years of "working out" in the local gym and eating a cake for breakfast, and why are people who follow a typical BB diet more muscular and in shape?  ???
All or Nothing again are you?  Most people do not train consistently and they overeat.  Its really not that hard to figure out.  I don`t know how this would elude you.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »
How about eating whenever your hungry?

Sounds logical to me, no?

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
How about picking up an actual book sometime instead of a cut and paste without a source. Do you realize how many "gurus" that are on the internet that boast about they're "knowledge" without any real practical experience and just get their "knowledge" from just the internet alone?

because its the Internet !! anyone can hold a phd in nothing and eveything ! in few years we may replace mr.o with mr.I

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »
Is it a myth that eating five or six smaller meals per day speeds up your metabolism?

I've tried to find proof on google.  Cannot find anything but opinions from fitness industry types.

???
complete myth. 3 meals per day= golden

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »
complete myth. 3 meals per day= golden
Or 2 Or 1.

io856

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »

pretty simple concept.

hahaha

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2011, 01:40:09 PM »
Or 2 Or 1.
well serge nubret only ate once per day. so it cant be that bad.  i prefer 3 meals.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »

pretty simple concept.

yup

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
I eat 3 solid meals and a few shakes. Following the 40/30/30 or whatever is all garbage. Just eat and lift. Stop overthinking a brainless activity such as weightlifting.
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »
well serge nubret only ate once per day. so it cant be that bad.  i prefer 3 meals.
I`m doing one currently (majority of Nutrients and Calories in one meal). I eat whatever I want of course. Well, One Pre-Workout meal which is 20 percent of my calories, then post workout I eat 70 percent of my calories, then before bed I eat the final 10 percent.  I am eating 2500 calories so the first "Meal" is 500, Post-Workout is 1750 and the Final "meal" is 260 calories.

I am also fasting 16 hours each day.  I used to do 12 but have since moved it up to 16.  I am 190 and very lean.  I think I will be ultra-ripped around 180 and it won`t be too long of a process.  I am thinking around 8 weeks.

Also, I am training legs using the Smolov Plan which is pretty difficult.  I noticed Layne had great results with it so I decided to give it a go.  So far I am doing 50 lbs more on the Squat than my previous best.

Maybe a picture or two is in order.

Xerxes

« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2011, 03:30:10 PM »
Coach, why do you refuse to accept science?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »
Coach, why do you refuse to accept science?

Cause Coach is more of a faith kinda guy.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
Roidface.

ahahahahaha someone who looks like YOU (re: fucking ugly) making fun of someone whos face you've never seen.

very clever retort, stud.

b

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2011, 03:41:10 PM »
ahahahahaha someone who looks like YOU (re: fucking ugly) making fun of someone whos face you've never seen.

very clever retort, stud.

You don`t have to remind us that you have never posted a picture.  We all know this already.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
GREAT FUCKING THREAD! :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
I`m doing one currently (majority of Nutrients and Calories in one meal). I eat whatever I want of course. Well, One Pre-Workout meal which is 20 percent of my calories, then post workout I eat 70 percent of my calories, then before bed I eat the final 10 percent.  I am eating 2500 calories so the first "Meal" is 500, Post-Workout is 1750 and the Final "meal" is 260 calories.

I am also fasting 16 hours each day.  I used to do 12 but have since moved it up to 16.  I am 190 and very lean.  I think I will be ultra-ripped around 180 and it won`t be too long of a process.  I am thinking around 8 weeks.

Also, I am training legs using the Smolov Plan which is pretty difficult.  I noticed Layne had great results with it so I decided to give it a go.  So far I am doing 50 lbs more on the Squat than my previous best.

Maybe a picture or two is in order.
Adam,serious question bud....................I would think that eating 1750 cals at one sitting would make it almost impossible for the body to digest,assimilate,and absorb all the nutrients the meal/food contained,especially for a lighter person.

What are your thoughts regarding this ?

Vince Gironda (I know LOL )   :) used to call it "digestive overload" !!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »
Adam,serious question bud....................I would think that eating 1750 cals at one sitting would make it almost impossible for the body to digest,assimilate,and absorb all the nutrients the meal/food contained,especially for a lighter person.

what`s your thoughts on this.

Vince Gironda (I know LOL )   :) used to call it "digestive overload" !!
I`ll post some great studies addressing this and how it has been demonstrated to be optimal.  Let me go dig them up.