Author Topic: Tricep tears, why some can come back and others don't?  (Read 1449 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Tricep tears, why some can come back and others don't?
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:45:38 PM »
Is it the extent of the tear or location of the tear? For instance, Levrone tore his tricep and lat apparently doing a lat movement, prior to a Mr. O, and he still competed with no real visible tear and deformation. Conversely, Ronnie tore his tricep and he has that noticeable detachment look. And Melvin Anthony tore his tricep doing tricep kickbacks, yet he apparently had his fixed, and you can't tell the difference.
And again, just like Ronnie, Cormier tore his, and he had that deformed-detached look.

So, what gives? Is it where or how the triceps is tore--lateral heads, or middle head?   

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Tricep tears, why some can come back and others don't?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »
There are different levels of tears.  Some partial tears heal up with no disfiguration of the muscle whatsoever, while major or complete tears can cause major appearance issues.  I have had a partial tear like Levrone's that turned very black and blue but left no disfiguration of the muscle.  I'm speculating here, but I'm sure Ronnie's tear was more than just a minor partial tear.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »
There are different levels of tears.  Some partial tears heal up with no disfiguration of the muscle whatsoever, while major or complete tears can cause major appearance issues.  I have had a partial tear like Levrone's that turned very black and blue but left no disfiguration of the muscle.  I'm speculating here, but I'm sure Ronnie's tear was more than just a minor partial tear.

I completely tore the left tendon that attaches my quad to my knee and all the muscles around the knee and it don't look the same no mo.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
That's what I'm thinking...
Because Ronnie and Cormier, who are both known to put up serious weight, have very similar looks to there tricep post tear. Yet Levrone's turned all black and blue, along with his lat tear.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
Brian Dobson speculated that Ronnie's Lat asymmetry resulted from and accident during heavy T-Bar rows in the early 90's. He noticed Ronnie twitch in pain but his pride and stubbornness never allowed him to admit to any problems.

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »
All of you can fuck off.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »
I think more then anything its not letting the tears heal properly. They just keep pounding and the problem gets worse and worse.