Author Topic: rescue dog  (Read 3464 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
rescue dog
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
ok, so i rescued a dog that some assmunch left outside overnight, tied up to a parking lot sign. She is super nice and well mannered. She's a brindle boxer. The cat plus dog integration is not going so well..my cat's fault. She's freaking out, the dog is chilling. She would make a great dog for someone. It seems it won't work out here with Loca. I hate the idea of taking her to a shelter...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: rescue dog
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:39:08 PM »
ok, so i rescued a dog that some assmunch left outside overnight, tied up to a parking lot sign. She is super nice and well mannered. She's a brindle boxer. The cat plus dog integration is not going so well..my cat's fault. She's freaking out, the dog is chilling. She would make a great dog for someone. It seems it won't work out here with Loca. I hate the idea of taking her to a shelter...

Expecting love at first sight between a cat and a dog is wishful thinking.

I'd sequester the cat and let her get used to the idea of a new housemate without feeling threatened.  I could take awhile - weeks for her to come around.  Don't force it, but I wouldn't give up so easily.
:

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 06:08:54 AM »

Expecting love at first sight between a cat and a dog is wishful thinking.

I'd sequester the cat and let her get used to the idea of a new housemate without feeling threatened.  I could take awhile - weeks for her to come around.  Don't force it, but I wouldn't give up so easily.

This!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »

Thank you so much Migs!
 :-* :-* :-*
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 06:24:30 PM »
i've been keeping the dog in the garage which is next to my room.  It's concrete on one side and softer gym floor tile on the other.  Did it like that incase thre was an accident.  The dog is cool with the cat.  Loca is going apeshit.  My firend is actually wanting the dog so she'll have a good home.  I've taken her on four walks today.  She's a good dog.  Jerks leaving her out on the street  >:(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 08:35:51 AM »
i've been keeping the dog in the garage which is next to my room.  It's concrete on one side and softer gym floor tile on the other.  Did it like that incase thre was an accident.  The dog is cool with the cat.  Loca is going apeshit.  My firend is actually wanting the dog so she'll have a good home.  I've taken her on four walks today.  She's a good dog.  Jerks leaving her out on the street  >:(

Is there a bed/blanket in there for her?  When will your friend take her?
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
Is there a bed/blanket in there for her?  When will your friend take her?

I went out and bought her food bowls, leash, food, some toys and an oversized dog bed.  Trust me, she has it good.  Plus my garage is a comfy temperature and right next to my room.  I also played with her in there and took her for four walks yesterday.  He actually already picked her up.  She was more animated today.  The good thing is I go over to his place regularly so i still get to play with her.  I named her "nips".  I was gonna call her "boobies" though.  SHe has some long nipples so I figured it was appropriate.  Option 3 was "braille" since when you rub her belly you feel them.  Is that wrong?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 08:03:27 AM »
I went out and bought her food bowls, leash, food, some toys and an oversized dog bed.  Trust me, she has it good.  Plus my garage is a comfy temperature and right next to my room.  I also played with her in there and took her for four walks yesterday.  He actually already picked her up.  She was more animated today.  The good thing is I go over to his place regularly so i still get to play with her.  I named her "nips".  I was gonna call her "boobies" though.  SHe has some long nipples so I figured it was appropriate.  Option 3 was "braille" since when you rub her belly you feel them.  Is that wrong?

Thanks for getting all that stuff for her.   :)

I think nips is a good name for her :)
How is it going for her and your friend?
R