Author Topic: Which FPS?  (Read 2838 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Which FPS?
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:32:00 AM »
I'm looking for a good FPS, have played Crysis 2 and liked it, but now i look for something more realistic, no aliens and shit.

I am absolutely not up to date regarding these games, can someone please fill me in on what to spend my money on? I am looking for a modern setting, preferably mixed settings, like middle eastern cities, jungle and so on.
Also i am not good enough to play those games online, so i prefer something with enough fun to play offline.

Thanks a lot!

DK II

• Getbig V
Re: Which FPS?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:37:25 AM »

???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
Posting just to drive this conversation here and away from bullshit G&O one.

I never asked - DK - do you play multiplayer, or are you just buying for the campaign?
Y

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 07:42:11 AM »
Posting just to drive this conversation here and away from bullshit G&O one.

I never asked - DK - do you play multiplayer, or are you just buying for the campaign?

I suck with these games, i have had a long break, so i will play the campaigns mainly, i doubt i can ever get as good as some 14 year old that has all the time on his hands, and i don't like getting shot the moment i respawn.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »

I suck with these games, i have had a long break, so i will play the campaigns mainly, i doubt i can ever get as good as some 14 year old that has all the time on his hands, and i don't like getting shot the moment i respawn.

That's why I asked.  Neither game is know for their campaigns, in fact, this is BF's first dive into them.  These games are all about the multiplayer.

Maybe you should just buy Arkham City and call it a day!
Y

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »
hey dk have you ever checked out Deus Ex: Human Revolution? its a great game. its a FPS with some rpg element.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:53:23 PM »
That's why I asked.  Neither game is know for their campaigns, in fact, this is BF's first dive into them.  These games are all about the multiplayer.

Maybe you should just buy Arkham City and call it a day!

I will buy Arkham City anyways, but so far i always liked the campaigns in FPS, even if all online players say they are shitty. But thanks for the info, i was well aware of the fact.

hey dk have you ever checked out Deus Ex: Human Revolution? its a great game. its a FPS with some rpg element.

Yes, i will also have a look at this, looks very promising.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »
I will buy Arkham City anyways, but so far i always liked the campaigns in FPS, even if all online players say they are shitty. But thanks for the info, i was well aware of the fact.

My bad.    I have found the CoD campaigns to be fun as well.   But,  with Black Ops,  I started with MP and never finished the story.   Hopefully some Infinity Ward moments keep me playing the campaigns in 3.

The trouble I have with games is getting the time to play them.   That's why MP works for me - log on,  play a few,  log off.    Stories can get engrossing and it can screw up a week for me if I stay up too late.
Y

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 04:34:51 AM »
My bad.    I have found the CoD campaigns to be fun as well.   But,  with Black Ops,  I started with MP and never finished the story.   Hopefully some Infinity Ward moments keep me playing the campaigns in 3.

The trouble I have with games is getting the time to play them.   That's why MP works for me - log on,  play a few,  log off.    Stories can get engrossing and it can screw up a week for me if I stay up too late.

I guess i am too competitive when it comes to online playing, i want to be the best and i get angry when i die, it's not so bad when i get fragged by AI, lol.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 06:35:46 AM »
battlefield 3 will come out in 10days or something like that. deus ex is one of the best games this year, took me many hours to play through the game, well worth the money

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »
I guess i am too competitive when it comes to online playing, i want to be the best and i get angry when i die, it's not so bad when i get fragged by AI, lol.

Yeah, I can attest to some irrationally pissed off moments in MP.

One thing I miss is the proximity voice they had in Halo 2 - you could hear the other team through your TV speakers if they were close to you.  It was tons of fun in terms of taunting.  Literally had the other players screaming at us...
Y