Author Topic: Supersize Me: The Result Of Eating A McDonald's Diet.  (Read 22669 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: Supersize Me: The Result Of Eating A McDonald's Diet.
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 09:16:36 AM »
Cause its cheap and affordable:) And delishush!

I forgot to look at the bun....you are right...there is no mold on it...
Sailors carried bread with them when they sailed across the ocean. These trips would take months at a time. It was called hard tack. You guys act like this is some new phenomenon.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »
"I'm lovin" this debate!!! :)

If people would actually read there would be no debate.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 10:31:57 AM »
Listen, if you eat garbage (McDonalds food) you train and you still in a caloric deficit at the end of the day, you will lose fat and build muscle!
Exemple: go by any basketball court in your city and you see inner city youngster(mostly black) that are ripped with muscle and none of them eat chicken breast or egg whites but instead garbage like McDonalds and KFC!
Now take sameone who eat very clean diet, do not exercise and is caloric intake is superior to his caloric expenditure and you have a fat ass!
The problem is that this inner city kids that exercise and eat garbage eventually will get fat and sick once they will become older their metabolism slow down and they play basketball no more and still eat that garbage(McDonalds and KFC)because fast food will poison their body in a long run.
SO CALORIE IS CALORIE (Adonis is right in this sense) BUT GARBAGE(McDdonalds) IS GARBAGE!
As simple as that! ;)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »

lol 'adonis' is the biggest stooge/ troll in the online community.

and you guys constantly bite.

it disappoints me to see you guys take his bait so often, cause hes far from as intelligent as hed like to be made to be seen.
b

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
Sailors carried bread with them when they sailed across the ocean. These trips would take months at a time. It was called hard tack. You guys act like this is some new phenomenon.
haha screw hard tack most of human history depended on some form of bread that basically just sat out. but of course no one pays attention in education anymore..

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 11:06:19 AM »

Hey, lets not get into name calling!

We can all debate with Happy Meals and Funland

Yep, I agree.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
haha screw hard tack most of human history depended on some form of bread that basically just sat out. but of course no one pays attention in education anymore..
I said the same thing... I mean that fucking moron must of thought the pioneers traveled all the way across country with refrigerators hahahahahah. He thought it was like Oregon Trail because thats all he did his elementary history class hahaha.

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »

That is impressive!

How long did it take you to achieve this?

2 months, maybe 3 I wasn't really keeping up.

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 11:41:06 AM »

the great art of drying out food. Its not like you cant pull the same trick on bread and put a 100% cancer stamp on it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »

He got to the meat of his argument
'Chazz' Weaver ate only fast food for 30 days, challenging assumptions about diet.
By BRIAN MARTINEZ
The Orange County Register
COSTA MESA – Charles "Chazz" Weaver on Friday completed his monthlong McDonald's-only experiment, claimed he lost 8 pounds in the project, and challenged the creator of the "Super Size Me" film to a public debate on obesity and fast food.
Weaver, 48, ate nothing but McDonald's fare for 30 consecutive days – every menu item at least once – to prove that staying thin is about calorie intake and exercise. His credentials are his fit body, 19 years of studying fitness as a hobby, and helping friends lose weight.
"I am not an advocate of fast food as a lifestyle, but neither do you have to be on a so- called diet," he said.
His strength and energy have not diminished and he hasn't had negative effects, he said.
"Not even a headache or a mood swing," he said.

Statistics detailing 30-day experiment
Weight: 222 pounds on Day 1 and 214 pounds on Day 30
Blood pressure: 111/78 on Day 1 and 121/81 on Day 30
Cholesterol: 208 at the start of the project; he will retest today and should have results on his Web site by Monday
The last meal: Friday, April 30, 4:30 p.m. Big Mac, Double Cheeseburger, 6-piece Chicken McNuggets, snack-size Fruit & Yogurt Parfait, medium Diet Coke – total calories: 1,550
Media interviews: 50-75, mostly for radio talk shows
Exercise: 25-30 minutes of cardio training and 50-60 minutes of strength training, six days a week
Verification: A witness was present to videotape meals.
Calories: Started at 3,500 daily calories but has fluctuated as high as 5,700. He warns that this amount is tailored for his body and exercise regimen and is not for a typical person. Before starting the challenge, he used protein shakes and bars but no other supplements.
Favorite item: McGriddle breakfast sandwich
Least favorite item: The ice cream
Seminar: Weaver will give a free fitness seminar and a report on his 30-day challenge today at Triangle Square, 1870 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The Costa Mesa resident is fed up with Americans who don't take responsibility for being out of shape, fitness entrepreneurs who make a living on incomplete information, and overweight nutrition scholars who don't "walk the walk," he said. He hopes the project will inspire people to research fitness and help them lose weight.
He got the idea for his experiment after reading about and taking exception to the documentary, "Super Size Me," which records the deterioration of filmmaker Morgan Spurlock's health. Spurlock ate almost as many calories as Weaver, but his only exercise was walking the same amount of steps as the average American.
"I think its great that Chazz is attempting to stay fit," Spurlock said through a spokesman Friday. "The underlying theme in my film is to try to increase personal and corporate responsibility."
He declined to respond to Weaver's debate challenge.
At least five people have taken up experiments such as Weaver's, McDonald's spokesman Walt Riker said. He said the company has no connection with them or Weaver.
"There seems to be a grass- roots backlash against the outrageous misbehavior in Spurlock's film," Riker said. "Stuffing yourself and not exercising is irresponsible."

Weaver said he has spent about $13,000 of his own money on the project.
"I'm looking for the psychic benefit," he said. "Doing something good for people is really pleasurable."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
Okay, here are the results:

Weight – I started at 222lbs and in thirty days I dropped 8lbs of “body fat”, ending the thirty days at 214lbs.
Blood Pressure - I started at 111/71, a bit low, and ended the thirty days at 121/81 which is optimal.
Cholesterol – this is where you need to understand about cholesterol!
My HDL (the good cholesterol) improved 80%.
My LDL (the bad cholesterol) went down 2 points. That’s an improvement!
My overall cholesterol went up 6% because of my HDL improvement, however this is an improvement overall.
My Triglycerides improved 42%

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 03:20:42 PM »
Click for more!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/10/the-burger-lab-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-mcdonalds-hamburger.html

The Burger Lab: The Myth of The 12-Year-Old McDonald's Hamburger

When you freeze salted meat, the only effect on flavor is that it makes the meat and seasonings go rancid quickly. McD burgers are not salted at the manufacturer, they would go rancid inless than a week. This is knowledge from working in the meat industry for several decades. The salt acts to promote oxidation and is enhanced by reacting with the iron in the hemoglobin in the meat and freezing acts as a catalyst by rupturing cell walls freeing more iron and oxidizing the fat. Now to combat that reaction is why many meat products with long shelf lives were cured with nitrites and nitrates, these locked the iron into forms that became chemically inert, as evidenced by the permanently pink color.

As for the determination of my guess on finished temperature, I go from your other posts where every burger is still pink in the middle. McDonalds will cook beef products to a minimum of 156 degrees f possibly as high as 170 degrees f internally to ensure that there is no possibilty of e coli being transferred from contaminated meat (though they insist every lot is verified as free). Also there is, as I have said, a mandated hold before placing on the bun, which increases loss of moisture due to evaporation (so the buns don't get soggy)

the dimensional stability, (size of the burger) is an artificial construct of their cooking system and not an accurate indicator of cooking temperature. the Clamshell they use to cook provides constant pressure downward causing the burger to shrink in width more than size, Basically a turbocharged George Foreman cooker.

Also, due to the method of manufacturing and their preferred forming equipment, the patty is far more dense which makes the whole product exceptionally different than a home product when determining the degree of doneness.

Now if you also take into account the extremely tight control of fat content the McDonalds vendors use as opposed to your standard grocer or butcher, it is an uncontrolled variable. I believe their standard is 80/20 on a raw basis, and the difference in Fat calorie ratio is due to loss of fat and moisture in cooking altering the ratios in the nutritional for calories from fat. When you get the tight profit margins that McDonalds and all other Chain restaurants allow, you maximize the accuracy of your testing so you don't give anything away.

I have been in several of their processor's plants for beef patties and breakfast sausage, and they are without doubt the most tightly controlled manufacturing systems and cleanest facilities i have been in out of the hundreds of meat plants I have been in.

Yes this is fun for you, but my daily job. People know so little about food and how and why it behaves under certain conditions. The original concept (12 year old burger) is another example of people with agendas, who have no clue to the science they are supposed to be teaching.

Meat guy at 1:42PM on 10/15/10

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/10/the-burger-lab-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-mcdonalds-hamburger.html

The Burger Lab: The Myth of The 12-Year-Old McDonald's Hamburger
Posted by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, October 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM

More tests, more results! Follow The Food Lab on Facebook or Twitter.

[Photographs: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt]

If you've recently gone for a couple of 88mph spins in a souped-up DeLorean outfitted with a flux capacitor running at 1.21 jigawatts and have somehow ended up in an alternate universe in which internet memes don't exist, then you may not yet have read about the 12-year old McDonald's Hamburger that still looks just like a McDonald's Hamburger. For the rest of you who are already with me, you'll have to indulge me for a moment while I fill-in the time travelers as to what's been going on.

Back in 2008, Karen Hanrahan, of the blog Best of Mother Earth posted a picture of a hamburger that she uses as a prop for a class she teaches on how to help parents keep their children away from junk food. A noble goal, and one I fully approve of.

The thing is, the hamburger she's been using as a prop is the same plain McDonald's hamburger she's been using for what's now going on 14 years. It looks pretty much identical to how it did the day she bought it, and she's not had to use any means of preservation. The burger travels with her, and sits at room temperature.

Now Karen is neither the first nor last to document this very same phenomenon. Artist Sally Davies photographs her 137 day-old hamburger every day for her Happy Meal Art Project. Nonna Joann has chosen to store her happy meal for a year on her blog rather than feed it to her kids. Dozens of other examples exist, and most of them come to the same conclusion: McDonald's hamburgers don't rot.

Now some of you are probably thinking something along the same lines as these women are:

Ladies, Gentleman, and children alike - this is a chemical food. There is absolutely no nutrition here.
Not one ounce of food value. —Karen Hanrahan

Food is SUPPOSED to decompose, go bad and smell foul... Food is broken down into it's essential nutrients in our bodies and turned into fuel. Our children grow strong bodies, when they eat real food. Flies ignore a Happy Meal and microbes don't decompose it, then your child's body can't properly metabolize it either. —Nonna Joann
Most of you are probably thinking just plain, "ew"—a perfectly reasonable reaction to what at first seems like a totally disgusting perversion of nature. I mean, what kind of chemical-laden crap are they stuffing those burgers with to make them last that long?

But then there's a few people who're probably shouting out, "now wait just a minute here! This ain't science!"

You can count me in with that crowd.

The problem with all of these tests is that there is but a single data point, and a single data point is about as useless as a one armed man in a clapping contest. Who knows why those burgers didn't decompose? You could believe the myth that they are packed with preservatives or that they are some kind of nutritional black hole so devoid of sustenance that even bacteria and fungi will not grow on them.

For the record, the McDonald Corporation's official response states:

McDonald's hamburger patties are made with 100% USDA-inspected ground beef, cooked and prepared with salt, pepper and nothing else, no preservatives, no fillers.
So who do we believe? Without experimentation, there is no science. Without science, there is no proof. Without proof, there is no truth, and without truth, well where would we be?

It seems to me that the only thing that can last longer than a McDonald's hamburger is an internet meme about them. My project for the next few weeks: design and carry out the first well-documented, scientific experiment to shed some light on whether or not there is something truly evil lurking between the buns. Hopefully we can kill this meme once and for all. Who's with me?

What We Know So Far

So let me amend my previous statement. There is actually a little data out there. Morgan Spurlock, director of the outrageously propogandist documentary Super-Size Me famously aged a McDonald's burger next to a mom & pop burger in glass jars. The burgers all decomposed around the same rate, while the McDonald's fries seemed to last forever.

The blog Snack Girl aged a homemade hamburger next to a McDonald's burger. After 11 days, the homemade burger was covered in green mold, while the McDonald's appeared perfectly fine.

they have failed to isolate the variables.
The problem with these two tests (and several others like it) is that they have failed to isolate the variables. The burgers and fries they were comparing to the McDonald's batch were of a completely different size and completely different moisture level. It's the scientific equivalent of setting up a boxing match between a blue-eyed three-year-old and a green-eyed 20-year-old then declaring that blue eyes make you weak. It's sensationalist and utterly specious.

A truly scientific experiment would need to take all these variables into account and isolate them.

The Setup

I wanted to test the following things:

•Whether it's something in the beef that's keeping the burgers from rotting.
•Whether it's something in the bun that's keeping the burgers from rotting.
•Whether it's some sort of magical alchemic reaction that keeps the burgers from rotting only when a McDonald's patty is in contact with a McDonald's bun.
•Whether it's the size of the patties that are preventing the burger from rotting.
•Whether it's the storage environment that is preventing the burgers from rotting.
I figured that would cover most of my bases and prove whether there's anything inherently different about a McDonald's burger and a regular homemade burger.

These are the samples I needed:

1.A plain McDonald's hamburger, stored on a plate at room temperature.
2.A homemade burger of the same weight and dimensions as a McDonald's burger (I was fine using a store-bought bun, because who bakes their own buns?)
3.A McDonald's hamburger patty on a store-bought bun.
4.A homemade patty on a McDonald's bun.
5.A McDonald's hamburger stored in its original packaging.
6.A McDonald's hamburger stored in a zipper-lock bag.
7.A plain Quarter Pounder.
8.A homemade quarter pounder.
I went out to the McDonald's next door to gather my testing materials.

"Welcome to McDonald's. Can I take your order sir?" said Megan the floor manager cheerfully (if there's one thing that McDonald's has got plenty of, it's smiles).

"Yes. I'd like three hamburgers, plain. Then I'd like one hamburger plain, but no meat. Then I'd like another hamburger plain, but no bun. After that, I'd like a quarter pounder with cheese—also plain—and finally some fries please; Not those ones—I'll wait for the fresh batch. Thanks!"

The situation was strangely reminiscent of the last time I tried to wrangle an unusual order out of a McDonald's for my French fry testing. I imagined her picturing the three fussy kids, vegetarian wife, brother-in-law with celiac disease, and mother-in-law who likes sesame seeds but not cheese sitting at home waiting for their dinner. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and assumed that she knew the fresh French fries were for myself*—the only sane and sophisticated member of a palate-deprived and ketchup-hating extended family.

"Sure no problem," was her immediate response. "If you want, I can just put in an order for four plain burgers, one with the bun and meat wrapped separate so you don't have to pay for it twice."

"That'll be lovely, thanks."

"It's the least you deserve for placing the most interesting order of the day, sir."

McDonald's HQ: if you're listening, employee of the month right there. Give this woman a raise.

* They were.

The Testing

With burgers in hand, along with a pack of plain, Mcdonald's-sized buns and a few chuck steaks I picked up from the supermarket, I returned home to grind my beef. A little research revealed that regular McDonald's patties are 10 to a pound, or 1.6 ounces. Quarter Pounders, unremarkably, weigh a quarter pound. I weighed out my beef formed them into thin patties slightly wider than the cooked patties I had (to account for shrinkage), seasoned them with salt and pepper, and fried them in a skillet with a little bit of oil. I toasted my store-bought buns, then assembled all of my sample burgers and laid them out on plates.

Now all I needed was a place to store them for a few weeks, preferably without my wife killing me. The kitchen counter was out of the question, as was the dining room table. I couldn't leave it under the bed or the couch or anywhere that a hungry dog could get at them. Since I live in a household with two exceedingly short creatures, my best option was to go high. I picked the shelf above my wife's desk.

After carefully removing the picture frames and other knick-knacks and stashing them in a drawer, I perched my burgers there for the aging. Perfect. Neither overly humid nor dry, average temperature, decent indirect lighting, out of reach of the dog, and stable.

Now I know you're all reading with bated breath—what's the answer? Which ones rotted and which didn't?

Well, I'd sure love to tell you, and I hate to end on a cliffhanger but unfortunately, we're all gonna have to wait a few weeks before I can gather any data worth reporting. Until then, I just hope that my wife doesn't look up and realize that her sister's graduation photo's been replaced by a dessicated meat puck. If that happens, pesky internet memes aren't going to be the only thing getting killed around here.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »
  So? The guy did a ton of exercise and controlled his caloric intake and gained muscle and lost fat. I never said you cannot do this on a McDonald'd diet. I said two things:

- Calories are the only thing that matters when it comes to body mass, but not body composition. If you eat 2,000 calories a day of McDonald's and you burn 2,500, you will lose bodyweight. Whether this will come from muscle or fat depends on several variables from exercise to the proportions of protein, fat and carbohydrates that compose your overall caloric intake. I contend that you will lose more fat and less muscle from eating 2,000 calories of boiled chicken and brown rice than 2,000 calories from Big Macs and french fries.

- Where you get your calories from does matter when it comes to health markers. So that man did a ton of exercise and watched his overall caloric intake and his health markers improved. So what? How can you attribute this to the diet and not to the exercise? Has it ever occured to you that the improvements might have been a billion times greater if he ate the same number of calories from lean proteins and complex carbohydrates instead of saturated fats, refined carbohydrates and starches?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
So many naive people in this thread (TA)..lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
 So? The guy did a ton of exercise and controlled his caloric intake and gained muscle and lost fat. I never said you cannot do this on a McDonald'd diet. I said two things:

- Calories are the only thing that matters when it comes to body mass, but not body composition. If you eat 2,000 calories a day of McDonald's and you burn 2,500, you will lose bodyweight. Whether this will come from muscle or fat depends on several variables from exercise to the proportions of protein, fat and carbohydrates that compose your overall caloric intake. I contend that you will lose more fat and less muscle from eating 2,000 calories of boiled chicken and brown rice than 2,000 calories from Big Macs and french fries.

- Where you get your calories from does matter when it comes to health markers. So that man did a ton of exercise and watched his overall caloric intake and his health markers improved. So what? How can you attribute this to the diet and not to the exercise? Has it ever occured to you that the improvements might have been a billion times greater if he ate the same number of calories from lean proteins and complex carbohydrates instead of saturated fats, refined carbohydrates and starches?

SUCKMYMUSCLE
::)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8916080/ns/health-fitness/t/woman-says-mcdonalds-diet-took-weight/#.TpxoZJsr2dA

Woman says 'McDonald's diet' took off weight
Mother ate at restaurant chain for 90 days — and claims she lost 37 pounds

Merab Morgan, 35, eats a cheeseburger in her car in the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant Aug. 5 in Oxford, N.C. Morgan claims to have lost 37 pounds in 90 days on the "McDonalds Diet," by counting calories and eating all three daily meals at the chain.

updated 8/12/2005 5:26:28 PM ET

RALEIGH, N.C. — Inspired by the documentary “Super Size Me,” Merab Morgan decided to give a fast-food-only diet a try. The construction worker and mother of two ate only at McDonald’s for 90 days — and dropped 37 pounds in the process.
It was a vastly different outcome than what happened in the documentary to filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, who put on 30 pounds and saw his health deteriorate after 5,000 calories a day of nothing but McDonald’s food.
Morgan, from Henderson, N.C., thought the documentary had unfairly targeted the world’s largest restaurant company, implying that the obese were victims of a careless corporate giant. People are responsible for what they eat, she said, not restaurants. The problem with a McDonald’s-only diet isn’t what’s on the menu, but the choices made from it, she said.
“I thought it’s two birds with one stone — to lose weight and to prove a point for the little fat people,” Morgan said. “Just because they accidentally put an apple pie in my bag instead of my apple dippers doesn’t mean I’m going to say, 'Oh, I can eat the apple pie.'"
'I had to think about what I was eating'
Spurlock, who turned his surprise-hit movie into a TV show on the FX network, isn’t talking about Morgan or the many other McDieters who have criticized his film and found success losing weight by eating healthy foods off the McDonald’s menu, said his publicist, David Magdael.
One person went so far as to make her own independent film about dieting at McDonald’s. “Me and Mickey D” follows Soso Whaley, of Kensington, N.H., as she spends three 30-day periods on the diet. She dropped from 175 to 139 pounds, eating 2,000 calories-a-day at McDonald’s.
“I had to think about what I was eating,” Whaley said. “I couldn’t just walk in there and say 'I’ll take a cinnamon bun and a Diet Coke.’ ... I know a lot of people are really turned off by the whole thought of monitoring what they are eating, but that’s part of the problem.”

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
You won`t dipshit.  You are just like the usual morons whenever this topic comes up, a complete failure in Science and common sense for that matter.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 03:45:39 PM »
So many naive people in this thread (TA)..lol
Ironic coming from you.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »
Ironic coming from you.

Funny, I don't see anyone debating my training knowledge. Wanna give a go at nutrition? I won't even cut and paste like TA.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55:11 PM »
Funny, I don't see anyone debating my training knowledge. Wanna give a go at nutrition? I won't even cut and paste like TA.
No one is questioning your training or nutrition knowledge. The point is you can lose weight on a McDonalds, improve your body composition, etc. Dave Palumbo has Juan Morel eating McDonalds 2-3 weeks out from North Americans trying to keep him from losing muscle. I really don't see where you are headed with this.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »
No one is questioning your training or nutrition knowledge. The point is you can lose weight on a McDonalds, improve your body composition, etc. Dave Palumbo has Juan Morel eating McDonalds 2-3 weeks out from North Americans trying to keep him from losing muscle. I really don't see where you are headed with this.

You were rather ambiguous with your former statement, and after all the crap The Coach gets on here, I can see why he may come off a bit defensive.

To be clear, I'm just playing devils advocate.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
You won`t dipshit.  You are just like the usual morons whenever this topic comes up, a complete failure in Science and common sense for that matter.

And what exactly is your science, dummy? Let's hear it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8916080/ns/health-fitness/t/woman-says-mcdonalds-diet-took-weight/#.TpxoZJsr2dA

Woman says 'McDonald's diet' took off weight
Mother ate at restaurant chain for 90 days — and claims she lost 37 pounds

Merab Morgan, 35, eats a cheeseburger in her car in the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant Aug. 5 in Oxford, N.C. Morgan claims to have lost 37 pounds in 90 days on the "McDonalds Diet," by counting calories and eating all three daily meals at the chain.

updated 8/12/2005 5:26:28 PM ET

RALEIGH, N.C. — Inspired by the documentary “Super Size Me,” Merab Morgan decided to give a fast-food-only diet a try. The construction worker and mother of two ate only at McDonald’s for 90 days — and dropped 37 pounds in the process.
It was a vastly different outcome than what happened in the documentary to filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, who put on 30 pounds and saw his health deteriorate after 5,000 calories a day of nothing but McDonald’s food.
Morgan, from Henderson, N.C., thought the documentary had unfairly targeted the world’s largest restaurant company, implying that the obese were victims of a careless corporate giant. People are responsible for what they eat, she said, not restaurants. The problem with a McDonald’s-only diet isn’t what’s on the menu, but the choices made from it, she said.
“I thought it’s two birds with one stone — to lose weight and to prove a point for the little fat people,” Morgan said. “Just because they accidentally put an apple pie in my bag instead of my apple dippers doesn’t mean I’m going to say, 'Oh, I can eat the apple pie.'"
'I had to think about what I was eating'
Spurlock, who turned his surprise-hit movie into a TV show on the FX network, isn’t talking about Morgan or the many other McDieters who have criticized his film and found success losing weight by eating healthy foods off the McDonald’s menu, said his publicist, David Magdael.
One person went so far as to make her own independent film about dieting at McDonald’s. “Me and Mickey D” follows Soso Whaley, of Kensington, N.H., as she spends three 30-day periods on the diet. She dropped from 175 to 139 pounds, eating 2,000 calories-a-day at McDonald’s.
“I had to think about what I was eating,” Whaley said. “I couldn’t just walk in there and say 'I’ll take a cinnamon bun and a Diet Coke.’ ... I know a lot of people are really turned off by the whole thought of monitoring what they are eating, but that’s part of the problem.”

Uh, moron, and how does this prove me wrong, idiot? Where have I claimed that if you eat less calories than you ingest that you won't experience a drop in bodyweight? Let's see.

SUCKMYMUSCLE