Author Topic: Refurbished Apple Ipads are on sale for a limited time  (Read 4549 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Refurbished Apple Ipads are on sale for a limited time
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:03 AM »
I just picked up a refurbished 64GB Ipad for $399.00 ( that's $200 less than when new ) with free shipping ( although they charge state sales tax ) it's a gen 1 but will suit my purposes well seeing the Ipod touch's battery is not holding much of a charge anymore. They come with a brand new case and a new battery , for this price it can't be beat. 

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Re: Refurbished Apple Ipads are on sale for a limited time
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »
Bodybuilding related  ;D

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »
im gonna wait for ice cream sandwhich based tablets to come out from android. i already got my new phone picked out in the nexus prime, damn that phone is sexy :-*

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »
im gonna wait for ice cream sandwhich based tablets to come out from android. i already got my new phone picked out in the nexus prime, damn that phone is sexy :-*

I for sure hope Nexus Prime delivers. If it's another sloppy plastic shit like Nexus S was, I give up.... Samsung ruined Nexus line. Google should partner with HTC like when the best and first Nexus device came out.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »

I have an Android phone and the thing that I fucking hate about them is the battery life sucks ( at least on my Samsung Behold 2 )  , this is where Apple has a leg up

MikMaq

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
I just picked up a refurbished 64GB Ipad for $399.00 ( that's $200 less than when new ) with free shipping ( although they charge state sales tax ) it's a gen 1 but will suit my purposes well seeing the Ipod touch's battery is not holding much of a charge anymore. They come with a brand new case and a new battery , for this price it can't be beat. 

It's good way to stay ahead of the curve without paying to much, but I wouldn't expect refurbs to have a long life.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »
It's good way to stay ahead of the curve without paying to much, but I wouldn't expect refurbs to have a long life.

Same warranty was brand new ones , comes with a new case and battery so they should be good to go.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »

Epic penny pinching.  ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

if i promised jnn to you, would you get me one, bay?  relocating to diego has my pockets tight at the moment.

unrageable

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »
ipad's are fucking gay.  any tablet is fucking gay.  use a laptop if anything.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 12:13:45 PM »
Epic penny pinching.  ::)

Ohhh god....just imagine if Methyl Mike finds this thread.  :D He will charge 10 of them.  ;D
D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 12:17:35 PM »
Guess it's time to get rid of my old one...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
Bodybuilding related  ;D

:o

just keep her in the house for a yr, wiggs, just a yr, and turn a blind eye to the tricks.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »

Why spend extra on features I don't need or want? and the same could be said for you Bay , why not opt for an M3? penny pinching?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
Ohhh god....just imagine if Methyl Mike finds this thread.  :D He will charge 10 of them.  ;D

Ha Ha Ha

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »

Motorola Xoom 2 is supposed to be announced next week.  Same with Motorola Atrix 2.  I'm eyeing those!!!  8)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »
Why spend extra on features I don't need or want? and the same could be said for you Bay , why not opt for an M3? penny pinching?

Why buy it at all if you so concerned about the price that you are scoping out a refurbished discontinued product?  No one "needs" an iPad. btw, you can probably get a good price on a Motorola Startac right about now.  ::)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 12:54:50 PM »
Battery life is fucking shite on any Android based phone when compared to iPhones. I got the X10 last year through work and handed it back within a week and opted for an iPhone ... who, mind you, don't have great battery life either. Got the iPhone 4S yesterday and as it's been weekend, haven't used it much so I'll reserved judgement on the battery life from tomorrow. Saying that, I still carry a cheapy Samsung phone from 2007. Battery must easily last 2 weeks.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
Why buy it at all if you so concerned about the price that you are scoping out a refurbished discontinued product?  No one "needs" an iPad. btw, you can probably get a good price on a Motorola Startac right about now.  ::)

No one needs a BMW or Merc when a Ford can do just as well.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 12:57:54 PM »
That's still a lot to be paying for Angry Birds.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »

my man, bay, are you saying never buy refub or certified?  my two refub laptops are going strong from 2006 and 2010.  i'm also looking at a camary v6 se certified.

keep it new and brandname  ???

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 01:01:28 PM »
No one needs a BMW or Merc when a Ford can do just as well.

True.  But I am not boasting about having purchased discontinued refurbished iPads.  If you are happy in a Ford, more power to you.  For the record I drive an Audi. 8)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 01:05:38 PM »
True.  But I am not boasting about having purchased discontinued refurbished iPads.  If you are happy in a Ford, more power to you.  For the record I drive an Audi. 8)

And I drive a BMW, 2nd hand mind you. Although, a Ford would've done just as well. Also, didn't really see ND boasting. Had me look at the Apple site and there's quite a few deals to be had on the refurbed stuff. Point is we don't really 'need' stuff per se, but we can find uses for it. Eventhough my cheapy laptop does things just as well  :P

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »

I noticed you didn't answer the question. I wasn't so concerned about the price that's your assumption. I could have gotten a new Ipad 2 for just $100 more , this one more than meets it's need , I don't need a thinner Ipad or a marginally faster one , I'll never use Facetime so these features will be redundant.

My g/f's Ipod touch is coming to the end of it's battery life and she toyed with the idea of sending it back to Apple for a replacement battery , and she uses this more than her laptop. It will be primarily used for searching the web , checking email and watching movies in bed , so for it's purposes it's neither discontinued or outdated

And your analogy with the StarTac is weak because I had one back in 1999 the Ipad is only a year old so it's neither antiquated or outdated.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 01:06:05 PM »
my man, bay, are you saying never buy refub or certified?  my two refub laptops are going strong from 2006 and 2010.  i'm also looking at a camary v6 se certified.

keep it new and brandname  ???

Not at all. I think people should buy what makes them happy, but posting on getbig that you purchased a refurbished discontinued product (that originally came out in 04/2010) is not going to impress or otherwise raise your profile.  :-[