Author Topic: How do you deal with people telling you boring stories about their life  (Read 5451 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
When somebody starts talking to you and tells you a 10 minute story about some inane bullshit where the punchline is that the cashier accidentally gave them back a dollar too much or that they ramble on about people you don't know nor care about?In the times of the internet where your fav interests are a mouseclick away and you can pick and choose which views interest you, how do you deal with this timewasting archaic method of communication?  ;D

io856

Re: How do you deal with people telling you boring stories about their life
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
walk away

Siimply

• Getbig II
  • You know I'm a dreamer but my heart's of gold
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
Just answer "Cool."

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
When somebody starts talking to you and tells you a 10 minute story about some inane bullshit where the punchline is that the cashier accidentally gave them back a dollar too much or that they ramble on about people you don't know nor care about?In the times of the internet where your fav interests are a mouseclick away and you can pick and choose which views interest you, how do you deal with this timewasting archaic method of communication?  ;D

When I was in highschool I had a friend that would never shut the fuck up he would just talk talk and talk. At parties he would always have someone pinned up against the wall rambling their ear off about who knows what for like 30-45 minutes. He use to do that shit to me all the time. Sometimes you just have to walk away or make an excuse like you have to take a piss.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

the trainer

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »

The same way I deal with people like you who make boring threads, i do not want to hear your shitty story or in your case, i hate reading your shitty thread.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
leave the cities.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »
leave the cities.

Do you prefer rural life?Would be nice to have a cabin somewhere peaceful

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »
Do you prefer rural life?Would be nice to have a cabin somewhere peaceful
It's mathematical, the more people surround you, the more troubles you re going to have. Simple logic. We arent designed to live in large cities, comparing constantly to each others while attempting to ignore them considering they re too numerous, it's saturating our brains with either bad or useless influences 90% of the day,influences we would be better off considering they re all about domination games or ads that push you to buy stuff.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »
leave the cities.

Aint that the truth so many fucken retards in the city. I went to providence last weekend to visist a buddy and these Jersey sounding douche bagges were trying to make friends with us, the one kid was touchy feely as fuck. When he talked to you he would put his hand around your neck I immediately got the hell away from him. I look over at one point and he had his hand around another dudes waist pratically screaming in his face.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »
I have the attention span of a gnat so it doesn't matter.

MikMaq

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 03:40:33 PM »
It's mathematical, the more people surround you, the more troubles you re going to have. Simple logic. We arent designed to live in large cities, comparing constantly to each others while attempting to ignore them considering they re too numerous, it's saturating our brains.  
Wow your buzz killing actually has merit at times. I seriously find people that get annoyed with others annoying. Being alive is annoying, having to share your life with anyone with is annoying.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »
It's mathematical, the more people surround you, the more troubles you re going to have. Simple logic. We arent designed to live in large cities, comparing constantly to each others while attempting to ignore them considering they re too numerous, it's saturating our brains with either bad or useless influences 90% of the day,influences we would be better off considering they re all about domination games or ads that push you to buy stuff.

Interesting, Ive always thought the same, most of lifes interactions are mundane.Do you have any articles or book links that deal with this and what do you specifically mean by domination games, one upping each other?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:57 PM »
football bores are the worst. i worked with a fella for 11 years and 90% of his conversations were fucking football  ::) mind you.. he was a football hooligan in his younger days so it wasn't all bad  8)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »
football bores are the worst. i worked with a fella for 11 years and 90% of his conversations were fucking football  ::) mind you.. he was a football hooligan in his younger days so it wasn't all bad  8)

I hate those tossers, especially the transparent ones you can tell dont even really like football but talk about it so they can seem "cool"

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
I have the attention span of a gnat so it doesn't matter.
What connection do you suppose that has with your political views? ::)

football bores are the worst. i worked with a fella for 11 years and 90% of his conversations were fucking football  ::) mind you.. he was a football hooligan in his younger days so it wasn't all bad  8)
Nah baseball/gridiron fans are far worst, atleast with soccer it's universally popular. Hearing about the red sox's get real fucking old, real fast.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »
What connection do you suppose that has with your political views? ::)
Nah baseball/gridiron fans are far worst, atleast with soccer it's universally popular. Hearing about the red sox's get real fucking old, real fast.

bwwhahahwhwhhahahhahahah hahhahah mikmaq owned ya  ;D
TEAM Nasser

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »
Interesting, Ive always thought the same, most of lifes interactions are mundane.Do you have any articles or book links that deal with this and what do you specifically mean by domination games, one upping each other?
People only care about themselves , their own needs, 99% of the time, not about what you want or think most of the time, what the person they re trying to interact with wants. They just follow their own goals and hope you will give them what they want asking nothing in return. We can only interact with other people for 3 things; dominate them, submit to them, or cooperate with them. These interactions are the same for all biological living beings.
90% of the time people want to dominate you and sometimes want to be dominated by you. People who dont have something, but identify you have it want it and then start interacting with you hoping they ll get from you what they need for themselves, to increase most of the time or maintain, their odds of survival. If you can get something in return, no problem, but most of the time people just want to give nothing if they can, in return of what they re asking you, again it's a waste of time or energy in this case to answer them , espeically when you know you re not going to get anything in return. Very rarely people propose you something and tell you they re going to give you something in return, ie; cooperation.
Most of the time people who have nothing to offer to others are those who ask... the most to them.
If you can identify someone has nothing good to give you in return of what he s asking you, then do not waste your time, energy.

Depending of your charisma, most of the time people want to dominate you, or be subdued by you, or cooperate. Charismatic people have people subduing to them constantly. Uncharismatic people are always annoyed by people who want to dominate them. Cooperative people are often a lot more educated than others and tend to stick with each others, they are very rare in fact, and they often ignore others people cause they re taught from childhood not to waste their intelligencem energy, ressources, time with people who only want to dominate them or are jealous.
They taught to study and get as high as possible in the ladder/pyramid, and then once sitting at the top, or near it, they ll dominate others.

When people figure you dont have what they need, they ignore you. We re only interested in the people who have something we want/need, we ignore others.

People with low self esteem and who ve been unloved by their original caregivers often have troubles identifying what others want and in a deep need to be loved will always fall for all the traps dominating people set in their way. They werent loved as kids so they re lacking love, attachment, hence searching for it at all costs. They always want to be loved once adults, so they d do anything for more attention, which means they ll constantly interact with anyone , wont select which interactions are worth it and which ones arent.

Fact is, most of the time and especially in cities, you have no need to answer the needs of others who are always frustrated and want to release their anger by dominating others.

We all have capacities we could use to do a lot of things potentially especially when we re educated, but our energy isnt limitless. Hence the need to specialize , focus and select few favorite people who will follow us for our existence.

In big cities most interactions are superficial and domination-related, in rural environments people take care of themsleves and their needs when they ask you something, are genuine, real most of the time, and you can be sure they ll give you something in return.
Cities are factories that build mentally unhealthy individuals. Too much useless stress for nothing, or very few in return.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »

"Pics or it didn't happen" always works.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »
people only care about themselves, not about what you want or think most of the time. They just follow their own goals. We can only interact with other people for 3 things; dominate them, submit to them, or cooperate with them. 90% of the time people want to dominate you or be dominated by you, considering we all have different levels of strenghts that vary from an individual to another. People who dont have something, but identify you have it want it and then start interacting with you hoping they ll get from you what they need for themselves, to increase most of the time or maintain, their odds of survival. If you can get something in return, no problem, but most of the time people just want to give nothing if they can, in return of what they re asking you, again it's a waste of time or energy. Very rarely people propose you something and tell you they re going to give you something in return, ie; cooperation.

Depending of your charisma, most of the time people want to dominate you, or be subdued by you, or cooperate. Charismatic people have people subduing to them constantly. Uncharismatic people are always annoyed by people who want to dominate them. Cooperative people are often a lot more educated than others and tend to stick with each others, they are very rare in fact, and they often ignore others people cause they re taught from childhood not to waste their intelligence with people who only want to dominate them.
They taught to study and get as high as possible in the ladder/pyramid, and then once sitting at the top, or near it, they ll dominate others.

This guy is always right

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 04:17:31 PM »
ARMY, if you are referring to me or to anyone else on this board who talks about or writes long shit about the life they have experienced within and "without" the bodybuilding world, I would recommend two things.

If listening ... Simply walk away or punch the guy in the nose ... and then run.

If reading ... Simply refuse to read.

There are actually three solutions as recommended above.

I actually follow the advice of two, but many years ago I legally carried a rifle and a 45 and had a fourth solution.

But you super intelligent guy (not me of course) will realize that there never is a boring story due to the fact that every story says a lot about the individual who is telling it.

And maybe sometimes even a disguised plea for help.

Sometime you gotta listen between the lines and smarten up a bit.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »
ARMY, if you are referring to me or to anyone else on this board who talks about or writes long shit about the life they have experienced within and "without" the bodybuilding world, I would recommend two things.

If listening ... Simply walk away or punch the guy in the nose ... and then run.

If reading ... Simply refuse to read.

There are actually three solutions as recommended above.

I actually follow the advice of two, but many years ago I legally carried a rifle and a 45 and had a fourth solution.

no, not you, one can simply choose not to read on here.Was thinking in the context of real life interactions

MikMaq

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »
People only care about themselves , their own needs, 99% of the time, not about what you want or think most of the time, what the person they re trying to interact with wants. They just follow their own goals and hope you will give them what they want asking nothing in return. We can only interact with other people for 3 things; dominate them, submit to them, or cooperate with them. These interactions are the same for all biological living beings.
90% of the time people want to dominate you and sometimes want to be dominated by you. People who dont have something, but identify you have it want it and then start interacting with you hoping they ll get from you what they need for themselves, to increase most of the time or maintain, their odds of survival. If you can get something in return, no problem, but most of the time people just want to give nothing if they can, in return of what they re asking you, again it's a waste of time or energy in this case to answer them , espeically when you know you re not going to get anything in return. Very rarely people propose you something and tell you they re going to give you something in return, ie; cooperation.

Very true, but I think this is why maturity is such a virtue. If one is secure and assertive(healthy in a social sense), they're there is no need for either dominance nor dependence. Understanding the difference made a huge difference in how I see the world and how I see those seeking for approval from others.

I can think of very few young people who get this, and I can think of many old people who get this fully. Once a person is able to come to terms with their own morality cooperation isn't an ideal, but a necessity.

When your young and insecure/uncertain, cooperation has a very low priority, but as you get older, you realize all the greatness of humanity(pretty much anything positive) all comes from the work of cooperation.

That might seem unnatural, but just think on a sports team what is more value a bunch of hot shots or  a unit, the same in warfare, business(an ego/being stupid can kill anything).

The problem is we spend way to much time  in hero worship instead of focusing more thought on what it means to act together in balance.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »
ARMY, sorry I am 'losted" when you say "real life inter-reactions".

I could be wrong here cause I ain't no mental doctor but 'what Getbiggers say and how they say it ... tells me more about that individual than any real life inter-reactions I could encounter on a internet board. Or possibly even in real life due to the fact that we can speak as we feel when we speak an unknown entity.

I honestly believe that what we as individuals say on this board is a reflection or our true individual character and individual personality.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
Very true, but I think this is why maturity is such a virtue. If one is secure and assertive(healthy in a social sense), they're there is no need for either dominance nor dependence. Understanding the difference made a huge difference in how I see the world and how I see those seeking for approval from others.

I can think of very few young people who get this, and I can think of many old people who get this fully. Once a person is able to come to terms with their own morality cooperation isn't an ideal, but a necessity.

When your young and insecure/uncertain, cooperation has a very low priority, but as you get older, you realize all the greatness of humanity(pretty much anything positive) all comes from the work of cooperation.

That might seem unnatural, but just think on a sports team what is more value a bunch of hot shots or  a unit, the same in warfare, business(an ego/being stupid can kill anything).

The problem is we spend way to much time  in hero worship instead of focusing more thought on what it means to act together in balance.

Exactly.

ARMY, sorry I am 'losted" when you say "real life inter-reactions".

I could be wrong here cause I ain't no mental doctor but 'what Getbiggers say and how they say it ... tells me more about that individual than any real life inter-reactions I could encounter on a internet board. Or possibly even in real life due to the fact that we can speak as we feel when we speak an unknown entity.

I honestly believe that what we as individuals say on this board is a reflection or our true individual character and individual personality.

Exactly.