Author Topic: Why a personal trainer is making himself obese… on purpose  (Read 1764 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Why a personal trainer is making himself obese… on purpose
« on: October 19, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
"Since May, Drew Manning has gained about 70 pounds on purpose. And he’s not done yet.

Drew is a personal trainer and has always been the “fit guy.” He’s now on a journey he calls Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit where he spends six months (he has about 4 weeks left) eating  unhealthy food and not exercising, then he will take six more months to get fit again. Why? To experience for himself what it’s like to be overweight, how tough it is to lose weight, and ultimately show others how to get fit. But this is sooo extreme! And I hate that Drew is deliberately making himself unhealthy."

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/why-a-personal-trainer-is-making-himself-obese-on-purpose-2583990/

YiriSS

• Getbig II
Re: Why a personal trainer is making himself obese… on purpose
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:14:44 PM »
he is very creative,  ::)

this is an exact copy of a dvd already done with the same idea,

i can see lawsuit coming

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
I think it's a stupid idea.

I can understand the fact that he wants to be able to tell his clients that he knows what they are going through, simply because he gained 70 pounds of fat to only then lose it, but it's not that easy.

Not everyone has the same level of muscle memory as this guy has.  Most of his clients are probably fat fucks that have never been in shape anytime throughout their lives.  For most bodybuilders, they can go a year without working out and after only getting back into it for 2-3 months they are capable of getting pretty good returns.  That won't be the case for the average fat fuck.

Aside from that, I think the effects of this on his body can be disastrous.  His body is possibly not used to putting on so much weight by way of consuming terrible foods.  He could very well have a heart attack due to this stunt.  His logic in that it can't be that bad since most of his clients have lived all their lives overweight doesn't hold much weight either.  Those clients have progressively put on fat and have allowed their bodies to adjust over time to the extra load on their hearts, whereas this guy is just shocking his body into a state of obesity.  Not too clever if you ask me..

Hey, at least he is original  ::)

"1"

unrageable

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »
"Since May, Drew Manning has gained about 70 pounds on purpose. And he’s not done yet.

Drew is a personal trainer and has always been the “fit guy.” He’s now on a journey he calls Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit where he spends six months (he has about 4 weeks left) eating  unhealthy food and not exercising, then he will take six more months to get fit again. Why? To experience for himself what it’s like to be overweight, how tough it is to lose weight, and ultimately show others how to get fit. But this is sooo extreme! And I hate that Drew is deliberately making himself unhealthy."

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/why-a-personal-trainer-is-making-himself-obese-on-purpose-2583990/

Yeah a few dudes here in OZ did this about two years ago.

V