Author Topic: Who is the SAFEST VP selection for Romney or Cain?  (Read 1172 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Who is the SAFEST VP selection for Romney or Cain?
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »
I don't think Romney would choose Cain as a running mate.  We now see that Cain has a bit of Biden in him - speaks before he thinks.

I don't think he'd pick Perry.. they hate each other and Perry is a loose cannon.  And Romney will have TX anyway.

Christie, even if he would accept it - is a good attack dog... but he has an extremely liberal background in legislation and we all know he's a slick question away from calling a woman a C-word, let's be honest...

Jeb? Palin?  Doubt they'd accept it.   Newt?  Very smart and credible, but he's a major flipflopper.  Bachmann?  Embarassing statement potential.  Ryan?  Too polarizing with that plan and woudl outshine Romney - and he has no foreign or military experience.  Rubio?  He has no experience-1years in senate, NO military or economic experience.

IMO, the SAFEST pick has to be Huntsmann.  100% consistent - not a flipflopper.  Was #1 in the nation in building jobs in Utah.  Understands chinese finance.  understands how to work across the aisle.  Could shit on obama from the INSIDE.  HIGHLY wise with economy and chinese affairs - he speaks mandarin!
Highly intelligent - I doubt we'd see a gaffe.  Very smooth and well spoken, very statesmanlike.

Who would be a safer/better pick than Huntsman?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Who is the SAFEST VP selection for Romney or Cain?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
Bob McDonnell

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:38:06 PM »
McDonnell certainly is safe... Can't really argue that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »
Demint.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
McDonnell certainly is safe... Can't really argue that.

jeez, why the hell isn't this guy running for PRESIDENT?

He looks better than romney and cain combined!  And if he can go 5 minutes without punching a podium or a 70 year old congressman, he might be cooler than Rick perry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_McDonnell

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
jeez, why the hell isn't this guy running for PRESIDENT?

He looks better than romney and cain combined!  And if he can go 5 minutes without punching a podium or a 70 year old congressman, he might be cooler than Rick perry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_McDonnell

I actually like McDonnell a lot... He doesn't shove his religion at me and he really does come across as a pretty smart guy. He's made some decisions as governor that have been pretty good.

His predecessors (both Dems) had some major fuckups.

McDonnell even wanted to get the state out of the liquor business (which it is in Va) and BOTH sides (the religious right and the liberal left) shot it down... Even though it's fiscally responsible (as the state loses money on alcohol because of bureaucratic overhead)  and promotes real freedom and capitalism.

McDonnell is very much the type that the country needs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »
Bob McDonnell

He looks pretty good. 

The names they keep tossing out are Rubio and now Christie. 

I think Cain would be a good choice for Romney (if Romney gets the nomination). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »
see, I think cain doesn't bring much to romney.

he doesn't give him a state (like rubio FL or Hristie possibly NJ or mcdonnell VA).

Cain's a businessman just like romney.  Doesn't add value.  Does add risk.

no experience in military, foreign policy like romney needs.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
I think Cain would be a good VP for Paul. :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
never in a million years.

ron paul will work to flatten the fed.

Cain is a puppet of the Kochs and former fed employee.

RPaul is smart enough not to do that.  I bet he'd surprise us all with some brilliant economist/20 year military vet/genius that we've never heard of.

Or peter schiff ;)

Or Alex Jones!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »
Conservatives don't trust Romney, but they like and apparently trust Cain.  Cain would also help Romney in the South, which will be his biggest challenge. 

Also, the whole VP talk is overrated, because people typically vote the top of the ticket.  That's how you end with Biden, who Democrats repeatedly rejected, Quayle, Gore (the loser), etc. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
never in a million years.

ron paul will work to flatten the fed.

Cain is a puppet of the Kochs and former fed employee.

RPaul is smart enough not to do that.  I bet he'd surprise us all with some brilliant economist/20 year military vet/genius that we've never heard of.

Or peter schiff ;)

Or Alex Jones!
It wouldn't be a new thing to have a VP that disagrees with the president.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »
It wouldn't be a new thing to have a VP that disagrees with the president.

RPaul is a CTer.   He ain't picking Cain!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 06:55:13 PM »
RPaul is a CTer.   He ain't picking Cain!
I'm glad you said that so we can talk about that.  Ron Paul is not really a CTer.  Paul doesn't CT stuff...  He points fingers directely at who is doing what and why it is wrong.  That's not CT, that's a direct accusation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »
Ron paul has done enough alex jones interviews.... we all know RP knows of the fishiness with a lot of shit.

NO WAY He puts a runner up on the ticket that is a puppet.  It'd be a guy (or girl) that we've never heard of.  Someone who has worked with him for years, that isn't a koch employee or fed retiree for petes sake :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »
Ron paul has done enough alex jones interviews.... we all know RP knows of the fishiness with a lot of shit.

NO WAY He puts a runner up on the ticket that is a puppet.  It'd be a guy (or girl) that we've never heard of.  Someone who has worked with him for years, that isn't a koch employee or fed retiree for petes sake :)

I think he would pick bachmann.  Those two like each other a lot. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
I think he would pick bachmann.  Those two like each other a lot. 

ron paul is smart enough not to pick any of the stooges onstage.

Once he HAS the nomination - I think he quietly ignores all those obnoxious screamers like bachmann.

His running mate would have a cool statesmanlike spirit - just like him. 

Out of any of that crew, I could see it being huntsmann - finance expert/chinese.  But again, I dont think it's any of them.  He probably has some judge or retired military man he knows from TX that would knock our socks off - we just haven't heard of them cause they are working to get al gore elected president or working for koch ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »

dude, I know Alex Jones is major taboo on this forum, but still, the guy has expanded his show bigtime and as such he gets some pretty big interviews on a regular basis.  He's not remotely close to the only senator or congressman talk on the show.  Several prominent international figures have also appeared.  But more important is that Paul didn't say anything different than he does now on those shows.  Fuck, Cain is making appearances in some real oddball places but nobody is holding that against him.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »
Romney is not going to be anyone's VP.

If he was smart, he would try to get Cain to jump ship and become his VP. Great way to create a power vacuum and all but guarantee he wins the nomination.

Cain is already 100000000x smarter, more accomplished and more intelligent than Joe Biden.

Cain is an exciting candidate, but he's a little bit raw and might end up imploding by the time its all said and done. For someone who has never held office before to burst onto the scene and become VP would be extremely impressive. He would also force Romney to govern from the right instead of kissing everyone's ass.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
If he was smart, he would try to get Cain to jump ship and become his VP. Great way to create a power vacuum and all but guarantee he wins the nomination.

If he's smart, he keeps cain in the race/polls as long as possible.  No way Cain is gonna beat him in most states.  No money.  No ground game.  But as long as Cain is the alternative-to-Romney, the $ stops going to Perry.   And perry is the only threat that romney fears.  He LOVES running against cain.  let cain squander all the perry support.

dude, I know Alex Jones is major taboo on this forum, but still, the guy has expanded his show bigtime and as such he gets some pretty big interviews on a regular basis.  He's not remotely close to the only senator or congressman talk on the show.  Several prominent international figures have also appeared.  But more important is that Paul didn't say anything different than he does now on those shows.  Fuck, Cain is making appearances in some real oddball places but nobody is holding that against him.

i haven't read prison planet in years.

i'm slacking as a CTer, no doubt about it! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »
That's becausecyou don't wantvtobelievecanything bad about Black Jesus. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »
if cain doesnt win, how long before the left calls the right racist for it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »
if cain doesnt win, how long before the left calls the right racist for it?

LOL @ pre-whining about what ireelevant left-wing pundits with no audience *might* say.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 09:38:06 PM »
LOL @ pre-whining about what ireelevant left-wing pundits with no audience *might* say.

LMFAO @ you already deflecting the issue.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 09:43:04 PM »
LMFAO @ you already deflecting the issue.

it'll be 2 seconds before some worthless lib with 10k national viewers "supposes" this.  It will fall into a void, ignored by the left.  but the right (beck and rush) will run with it to paint everyone without a romney sticker on their car as a soulless liberal.

then again, we remember what this 'worthless lib!' talk did in 2008.  It motivated dems to vote.  and they did.

Intrade is obama 48%, republican 49%.  That's the only poll that matters.  those that put their money on it.  The race is gonna be close.   Do what you did last time - scream dirty lib at every turn - we'll see if that works this time.