Author Topic: Steve Jobs lectured Obama on his policies before dying.  (Read 4667 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Steve Jobs lectured Obama on his policies before dying.
« on: October 20, 2011, 05:57:01 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Steve Jobs told Obama: “You’re headed for a one-term presidency”
Hot Air ^ | OCTOBER 20, 2011 | ALLAHPUNDIT
Posted on October 20, 2011 8:52:22 PM EDT by RobinMasters

Ah well. A dirty one-percenter would say that, wouldn’t he?

Out: Steve Jobs, technological genius. In: Steve Jobs, political genius?

Jobs, who was known for his prickly, stubborn personality, almost missed meeting President Obama in the fall of 2010 because he insisted that the president personally ask him for a meeting. Though his wife told him that Obama “was really psyched to meet with you,” Jobs insisted on the personal invitation, and the standoff lasted for five days. When he finally relented and they met at the Westin San Francisco Airport, Jobs was characteristically blunt. He seemed to have transformed from a liberal into a conservative.

“You’re headed for a one-term presidency,” he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where “regulations and unnecessary costs” make it difficult for them.

Jobs also criticized America’s education system, saying it was “crippled by union work rules,” noted Isaacson. “Until the teachers’ unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform.” Jobs proposed allowing principals to hire and fire teachers based on merit, that schools stay open until 6 p.m. and that they be open 11 months a year.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

TOPICS: Business/Economy; Culture/Society; News/Current Events; Politics/Elections; Click to Add Topic

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Steve Jobs lectured Obama on his policies before dying.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 05:58:25 PM »
Bump for andre, 240, KC, blackcunt, etc.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Jobs, who was known for his prickly, stubborn personality, almost missed meeting President Obama in the fall of 2010 because he insisted that the president personally ask him for a meeting. Though his wife told him that Obama “was really psyched to meet with you,” Jobs insisted on the personal invitation, and the standoff lasted for five days. When he finally relented and they met at the Westin San Francisco Airport, Jobs was characteristically blunt. He seemed to have transformed from a liberal into a conservative.

“You’re headed for a one-term presidency,” he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where “regulations and unnecessary costs” make it difficult for them.
Jobs also criticized America’s education system, saying it was “crippled by union work rules,” noted Isaacson. “Until the teachers’ unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform.” Jobs proposed allowing principals to hire and fire teachers based on merit, that schools stay open until 6 p.m. and that they be open 11 months a year.

TOPICS: Business/Economy; Culture/Society; News/Current Events; Politics/Elections; Click to Add Topic
hmmmm, now who has been saying this?

Id say just about all the reps running for pres...

I also like the keeping schools open later, this would help keep kids from getting in to trouble outside of school as well as hopefully bringing up their education.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »
No reason at all for summer break.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »
I would never deprive my kids of the recuperative process that summer break gives them. I got it and they should too.

The problem is not the break... It's the parents who do not push their kids to perform.

If my kids get a B I'm highly upset, because I know they are A kids. I never cut them a break and I help with homework.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:17 PM »
I would never deprive my kids of the recuperative process that summer break gives them. I got it and they should too.

The problem is not the break... It's the parents who do not push their kids to perform.

If my kids get a B I'm highly upset, because I know they are A kids. I never cut them a break and I help with homework.

Slave driver!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »
Slave driver!

I know... but my kids make good grades and behave well... I can't ask for anything more from a 10 and a 5 year old.

Then I spoil them like crazy because they've earned it.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
hmmmm, now who has been saying this?

Id say just about all the reps running for pres...

I also like the keeping schools open later, this would help keep kids from getting in to trouble outside of school as well as hopefully bringing up their education.

Going to school longer won't keep kids out of trouble, parents who actually give a fuck about their kids will. I went to school from 8am to 12pm and never had issues getting into trouble.  Of course we did the usual kid thing, running around and exploring shit, but I didn't go join a gang and start raping women because I was only in school 4 hours a day.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 09:02:06 PM »
Going to school longer won't keep kids out of trouble, parents who actually give a fuck about their kids will. I went to school from 8am to 12pm and never had issues getting into trouble.  Of course we did the usual kid thing, running around and exploring shit, but I didn't go join a gang and start raping women because I was only in school 4 hours a day.
its not all about gang rape LMFAO...

fact of the matter is the old phrase that "idle hand do the devils work" is true. If they have less idle time they will have less time to goof off and more shit.

Youre extending your experience to others which isnt wise.

I spent most of my time after school in a shady pool hall with friends. We didnt get into a lot of shit b/c we were all pretty much good kids but I did drugs and drank etc. If I was in school I wouldnt have done this b/c when I got out at 6 my parents would be home and they would expect me home...

My parent gave a shit about me and my brother and my brother got into tons of shit when he was younger...

parents giving a shit isnt always enough my man.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
This proves that being liberal is more about emotion than anything else.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:54 AM »

totally agree.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 11:08:39 AM »

as a former teacher, i love the idea.

you go to school 45 days (9 weeks), then you gt 15 days (3 weeks) off school.  They don't lose everything over 8 or 10 weeks of summer break.  They don't get the burnout that comes with so many weeks of nonstop school. 

the schedule was built out of the migrant farmer needs... not an issue anymore.

IMO, it keeps everyone fresher.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 02:31:08 PM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Considering that you can pay a Chinese worker much less and not give him any medical benefits or anything is the reason Steve Jobs built his factories there.  Of course, he made sure that all employees signed agreements to not to commit suicide...... ::)

A

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »

The summer break is a huge problem imo.  It's no way to prepare them for the real world.  their breaks should be reflective of what they will have to go through and I doubt many jump into life on their own with a 3 month break.  They should get breaks, maybe 3 two week breaks in the year or something like that.  Another problem with 3 months off is that many forget half the shit they learned with that much time off.

I think longer breaks would be ok in the first few years of school, but should become progressively less into their teen years.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
Going to school longer won't keep kids out of trouble,
yea, no kidding... these days school is freaking crime and bad behavior training.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
The summer break is a huge problem imo.  It's no way to prepare them for the real world.  their breaks should be reflective of what they will have to go through and I doubt many jump into life on their own with a 3 month break.  They should get breaks, maybe 3 two week breaks in the year or something like that.  Another problem with 3 months off is that many forget half the shit they learned with that much time off.

I think longer breaks would be ok in the first few years of school, but should become progressively less into their teen years.

So kids at universities should also not get those 3 and 1/2 months off?

This is something that goes on until you graduate from college.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »

Considering that you can pay a Chinese worker much less and not give him any medical benefits or anything is the reason Steve Jobs built his factories there.  Of course, he made sure that all employees signed agreements to not to commit suicide...... ::)
HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU A BUSINESS OWNER AND SO INEPT IN BUSINESS?

regulations require adhereance to them...GUESS WHAT THAT DOES???

it requires companies to spend money to adhere to them, you moron.

now if its cheaper for companies to produce things in the US regardless of what they pay workers here or over seas, WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PRODUCE THEIR PRODUCTS?

seriously bro, your business must have a great product or service for you to live off of b/c youre absolutely clueless about business.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 03:17:38 PM »
So kids at universities should also not get those 3 and 1/2 months off?

This is something that goes on until you graduate from college.
College is a different story entirely.  One, they're not kids anymore so I don't know why you say that.  If they're old enough to go fight and die in war, you shouldn't call them kids.  Many of them will be working in addition to taking college classes, and that's working during the summer....  There's more summer coarse options for those who want.  Most of the time they don't give a shit if you don't show up to classes in college.  The ones who want to be there make everything of it and the ones who didn't want to be there show that real fast.  It's a whole different set of shit to consider when they're out on their own for the first time.

240 is right, the reason for the summer break really isn't needed in most places anymore.  Now I guess I would be fine with it in some places where the entire community is farming based.  But look at the caliber of education they get in some of those small schools.  Way better and they're going to be working for the summer. It works well for them but is freaking stupid for city kids.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU A BUSINESS OWNER AND SO INEPT IN BUSINESS?

regulations require adhereance to them...GUESS WHAT THAT DOES???

it requires companies to spend money to adhere to them, you moron.

now if its cheaper for companies to produce things in the US regardless of what they pay workers here or over seas, WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PRODUCE THEIR PRODUCTS?

seriously bro, your business must have a great product or service for you to live off of b/c youre absolutely clueless about business.

Steve Jobs may have been a genius at computers but he was way too self absorbed into himself.  Instead of taking his doctors advice when he was first diagnosed with cancer, he did a bunch of alternative medicine, cleansing juices, herbs and shit instead of using conventional medicine.  

Being a billionaire doesn't mean you have common sense.  If he listened to his doctors instead of hugging trees and shit, he might have lived quite a bit longer  ::)

BTW, I import most of my fitness products from China for the most part so that's how I know.   
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
Pancreatic cancer has no cure moron.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »
Pancreatic cancer has no cure moron.

No but with chemotherapy, you can greatly prolong your life.  He could have lived another 10-20 years.
A

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
College is a different story entirely.  One, they're not kids anymore so I don't know why you say that.  If they're old enough to go fight and die in war, you shouldn't call them kids.  Many of them will be working in addition to taking college classes, and that's working during the summer....  There's more summer coarse options for those who want.  Most of the time they don't give a shit if you don't show up to classes in college.  The ones who want to be there make everything of it and the ones who didn't want to be there show that real fast.  It's a whole different set of shit to consider when they're out on their own for the first time.

240 is right, the reason for the summer break really isn't needed in most places anymore.  Now I guess I would be fine with it in some places where the entire community is farming based.  But look at the caliber of education they get in some of those small schools.  Way better and they're going to be working for the summer. It works well for them but is freaking stupid for city kids.

Say hello to the 99%.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 05:51:30 PM »
When certain politicians were calling for less regulations, this is what they were referring to and not the angle that some attributed to, (suggesting that it meant companies would get to do whatever they wanted.)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 06:42:06 PM »
College is a different story entirely.  One, they're not kids anymore so I don't know why you say that.  If they're old enough to go fight and die in war, you shouldn't call them kids.  Many of them will be working in addition to taking college classes, and that's working during the summer....  There's more summer coarse options for those who want.  Most of the time they don't give a shit if you don't show up to classes in college.  The ones who want to be there make everything of it and the ones who didn't want to be there show that real fast.  It's a whole different set of shit to consider when they're out on their own for the first time.

240 is right, the reason for the summer break really isn't needed in most places anymore.  Now I guess I would be fine with it in some places where the entire community is farming based.  But look at the caliber of education they get in some of those small schools.  Way better and they're going to be working for the summer. It works well for them but is freaking stupid for city kids.

Why is it stupid?

I maintain it is not stupid and the break is good for kids to keep their batteries recharged.

Location has nothing to do with it anymore... You think you are a pretty smart guy I assume, and you got your summers off, but you think that was a mistake, even though you turned out perfectly well I'm sure you'd say.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
Why is it stupid?

I maintain it is not stupid and the break is good for kids to keep their batteries recharged.

Location has nothing to do with it anymore... You think you are a pretty smart guy I assume, and you got your summers off, but you think that was a mistake, even though you turned out perfectly well I'm sure you'd say.
why is it stupid?  I just talked about why it is stupid and then you ask why it's stupid?  lol.. that's stupid...  Did I not talk about how this does not prepare them for life on their own? With what they will realistically face in the real world...  How many opening positions do you know of that come with a 3 month vacation?  Did I not talk about how they forget shit over that long of a break?  Don't freaking ask me why it is stupid when I addressed why it is stupid.

a 3 month break is nothing but slacker training.