Author Topic: I Hate Jon Jones.  (Read 6475 times)

suckmymuscle

I Hate Jon Jones.
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:04:58 PM »
  Ok, just read this quote from him:

“We’re not fighting the undefeated Lyoto Machida anymore. I’ve watched him lose several rounds now through studying and I just happen to have two coaches that are southpaws now as well so there’s a lot of knowledge in my camp about fighting guys with opposite stances. We feel comfortable, we feel as if there’s been some blueprints laid out. Obviously, we will come up with our own blueprint, take from what we’ve seen and make it an even greater defeat. We’re excited. We’re up for the challenge.”

In his fight with Rampage, at the end of the third round, he lifted Rampage from the ground and then threw him off his back as if to say:"I am so much stronger and physically more powerful than you. You are nothing to me. Like an ant." In an interview after his fight with Shogun, he said that at the second round he "allowed" Shogun to take a breath so that he could beat him some more and show him that he could not only hang with Shogun in the striking department, but also humiliate him there where he is at his best. This guy is a fucking asshole and needs to get KOd immediately. He is not even that great. Yes, he is very athletic and talented, but he fights against guys who he has huge physical advantages over. If he fought in his division(heavyweight) he would probably get KOd by JDS or out wrestled by Cain. Even Carwin could probably knock his head into another planet with his 280 lbs frame and power. Jones is making a serious mistake in underestimating Machida. He strikes with a precision only comparable to that of Anderson Silva, he is even more elusive than Anderson and he has arguably the best takedown defenses of any fighter in any weight division, which is a nightmare for wrestlers, and Jon Jones is first and foremost a wrestler. If Jones tries to do one of his flashy moves against Machida, the latter will simply move out of the way and clip him straight in the chin. Machida doesen't make mistakes when striking, and he punishes any mistakes his opponents make severely. And before anyone brings up Machida losing to Shogun, styles make fights. Just because Jones beat Shogun who was able to beat Machida, doesen't mean that Jones will beat Machida. Shogun's style is a perfect counter to Machida's, just like Machida's is to Jones.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: I Hate Jon Jones.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »
I like Machida, but he's going to get hurt :-\

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:50 PM »
I don't want to be the "Jon Jones would get fucked up by Dan Henderson if he fought at 205 again" guy but........Jon Jones would get fucked up by Dan Henderson if he fought at 205 again

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:17:38 PM »
I like Machida, but he's going to get hurt :-\

Well, Machida represents 100 X the danger that Rashad does. If Jones destroys Machida then Dana White needs to force him to go to the heavyweight division so as to free the light-heavyweight belt for true light-heavyweights. A guy who is almost 6'5 with clavicles wider than those of Ian Thorpe fighting at the light-heavyweight division is a joke.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 06:20:46 PM »
I hate Jones for the same reasons stated.  The shit talking he did against Rashad was what initially turned me off to him.  And that's the fight i wanna see - him vs Rashad.  

Machida has become one of my favorite guys.  The way he dismantled Couture and broke his tooth.  He def won the fight against Jackson as well.  Jones has wrestling and that's it.  Because of that, he can feel confident on his feet doing all that bullshit he does because no one is gonna be able to take him down.  

Striking is a game that takes many years to get good at, especially if you didn't come up with it.  He almost uses all those flashy moves to hide his lack of striking skills.  Against Jackson all he threw were 1-2 punches.  

I hope Machida fucks him up though i'd really like to see Rashad take a shot at him.  

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
I'd love to see Anderson Silva knock the crap out of Jones, but I can't have it all.

"1"

lmaciver

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »
I agree entirely with ur post. Styles make fights and I see Machida as the perfect antidote to the cocky Bones. I'm just so damn tired of his cockiness, I was really hoping Rampage would knock him senseless but it didn't happen damnit. Yes. I'm a newbie here but I just hate Jones so much that I had to vent.  :)

“We’re not fighting the undefeated Lyoto Machida anymore. I’ve watched him lose several rounds now through studying and I just happen to have two coaches that are southpaws now as well so there’s a lot of knowledge in my camp about fighting guys with opposite stances. We feel comfortable, we feel as if there’s been some blueprints laid out. Obviously, we will come up with our own blueprint, take from what we’ve seen and make it an even greater defeat. We’re excited. We’re up for the challenge.”

In his fight with Rampage, at the end of the third round, he lifted Rampage from the ground and then threw him off his back as if to say:"I am so much stronger and physically more powerful than you. You are nothing to me. Like an ant." In an interview after his fight with Shogun, he said that at the second round he "allowed" Shogun to take a breath so that he could beat him some more and show him that he could not only hang with Shogun in the striking department, but also humiliate him there where he is at his best. This guy is a fucking asshole and needs to get KOd immediately. He is not even that great. Yes, he is very athletic and talented, but he fights against guys who he has huge physical advantages over. If he fought in his division(heavyweight) he would probably get KOd by JDS or out wrestled by Cain. Even Carwin could probably knock his head into another planet with his 280 lbs frame and power. Jones is making a serious mistake in underestimating Machida. He strikes with a precision only comparable to that of Anderson Silva, he is even more elusive than Anderson and he has arguably the best takedown defenses of any fighter in any weight division, which is a nightmare for wrestlers, and Jon Jones is first and foremost a wrestler. If Jones tries to do one of his flashy moves against Machida, the latter will simply move out of the way and clip him straight in the chin. Machida doesen't make mistakes when striking, and he punishes any mistakes his opponents make severely. And before anyone brings up Machida losing to Shogun, styles make fights. Just because Jones beat Shogun who was able to beat Machida, doesen't mean that Jones will beat Machida. Shogun's style is a perfect counter to Machida's, just like Machida's is to Jones.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
I'd love to see Anderson Silva knock the crap out of Jones, but I can't have it all.

"1"

Anderson wouldn't stand any chance against Jones. Chael Sonnen could take him down at will, and Jones is much stronger and more powerful than Sonnen and just as good as a wrestler. Even in the striking department, Jones has a serious reach advantage and is almost as fast and precise as Anderson. Anderson Silva is also 37 whilst Jones is 24, so the advantage in tank goes to Jones. Silva would have little chance.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 06:36:31 PM »

In his fight with Rampage, at the end of the third round, he lifted Rampage from the ground and then threw him off his back as if to say:"I am so much stronger and physically more powerful than you. You are nothing to me. Like an ant." In an interview after his fight with Shogun, he said that at the second round he "allowed" Shogun to take a breath so that he could beat him some more and show him that he could not only hang with Shogun in the striking department, but also humiliate him there where he is at his best. This guy is a fucking asshole and needs to get KOd immediately. He is not even that great. Yes, he is very athletic and talented, but he fights against guys who he has huge physical advantages over. If he fought in his division(heavyweight) he would probably get KOd by JDS or out wrestled by Cain. Even Carwin could probably knock his head into another planet with his 280 lbs frame and power. Jones is making a serious mistake in underestimating Machida. He strikes with a precision only comparable to that of Anderson Silva, he is even more elusive than Anderson and he has arguably the best takedown defenses of any fighter in any weight division, which is a nightmare for wrestlers, and Jon Jones is first and foremost wrestler. If Jones tries to do one of his flashy moves against Machida, the latter will simply move out of the way and clip him straight in the chin. Machida doesen't make mistakes when striking, and he punishes any mistakes his opponents make severely. And before anyone brings up Machida losing to Shogun, styles make fights. Just because Jones beat Shogun who was able to beat Machida, doesen't mean that Jones will beat Machida. Shogun's style is a perfect counter to Machida's, just like Machida's is to Jones.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

This guy is the T.O. of MMA.  All the talent in the world, but his conceitedness and self absorbed attitude allows him to be insufferable to even the hardcore MMA fan.

This guy reminds me of the 30+ year old co worker who still talks about his GPA from high school and cum laude college award yet he's working in a call center answering phones for T-Mobile or some shit. GTFO here with that sh*t. Your ass is a fighter...not a damn doctor or engineer so stop acting like there is some fucking sacred, mathematical, super intelligent algorithm only he knows of when it comes to fighting.

He's too young to "get it" though. As soon as he takes an L, he'll understand.  

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »
I don't want to be the "Jon Jones would get fucked up by Dan Henderson if he fought at 205 again" guy but........Jon Jones would get fucked up by Dan Henderson if he fought at 205 again
Dans to Old, beating up the likes of an aging tired Fedor doesnt mean you will do well against the New Guard. JJ
V

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
Machida is the only 205lb fighter that has a chance of beating Bones Jones. When under attack; He glides smoothly away from his opponent; and can bust out some explosive attacks of his own and can wear a guy down.

Back to Jones; Jones does not even celebrate after he wins. He kneels on the octagon mat and just rests. I dont think he is arrogant.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 08:01:19 PM »

Back to Jones; Jones does not even celebrate after he wins. He kneels on the octagon mat and just rests. I dont think he is arrogant.

You are fucking kidding me. The guy is the epitome of arrogance. I cannot envision even Napoleon contemplating the fields at Austerlitz after the battle being as arrogant as Jones. The guy pretends to be humble, but even at that he is terrible. Koscheck is arrogant but he at least is upfront about it. I respect him for that. Jones pretends to be humble while at the same time making the most arrogant and condescending statements about his competitors.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Jones either. He has that amazing reach pretty tricky moves and some decent wrestling. His size and reach are what make him so great. I just don't see how Machida will overcome that size difference. How will he close the distance. Jones is gonna have a good game plan he's a greg jackson guy he's not gonna just rush at machida and give machida a chance to pick him apart. He's gonna get him on the ground and elbow a hole in his face.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
If Rampage had the same reach and height, he'd have a big problem in that fight.

Jones is using his reach well.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »
You sir, are an idiot.
!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 08:14:49 PM »
Jon Jones would get fucked up by Dan Henderson.

Hopefully Machida will put this arrogant kid in his place.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »
I hate Jones for the same reasons stated.  The shit talking he did against Rashad was what initially turned me off to him.  And that's the fight i wanna see - him vs Rashad.  

Rashad is a DICK. All smack talk about him by Bones is well deserved.

Rashad wants no parts of Bones...there is nothing he offers that Bones need worry about.
Should they ever fight, Jon Jones will DESTROY Rashad.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
This guy is the T.O. of MMA.  All the talent in the world, but his conceitedness and self absorbed attitude allows him to be insufferable to even the hardcore MMA fan.

This guy reminds me of the 30+ year old co worker who still talks about his GPA from high school and cum laude college award yet he's working in a call center answering phones for T-Mobile or some shit. GTFO here with that sh*t. Your ass is a fighter...not a damn doctor or engineer so stop acting like there is some fucking sacred, mathematical, super intelligent algorithm only he knows of when it comes to fighting.

He's too young to "get it" though. As soon as he takes an L, he'll understand.  
Jones isn't arrogant, just confident. As a champion should be.

dipshit  ::)
!

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 08:18:45 PM »
Challenge  ???  Who is this guy kidding hes beating up these puny little 5`11 LHWs with ease and why does he even stroke his own ego like this. He should step up to a real challenge move up with the big boys, and fight people his own size before going on like hes unbeatable.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
Rashad is a DICK. All smack talk about him by Bones is well deserved.

Rashad wants no parts of Bones...there is nothing he offers that Bones need worry about.
Should they ever fight, Jon Jones will DESTROY Rashad.

Yes. Jones is bigger and stronger, and is better both standing and on the ground. Jones will just use his reach and kick the shit out of him and do those flying knees until Rashad collapses. Rashad is just a wrestler. What is he going to do? Out-wrestle Jones who is an even better wrestler than him and stronger? And even if Rashad takes him down, Jones will hold him down with his superior strength and KO him with those elbows. Again: only Machida has a chance against this guy. Machida is very good. Very, very good. The most precise, elusive and devastating striker in any of the UFC's division. If Jones beats Machida easily, then Dana White should force him to go to the heavyweight division.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »
Challenge  ???  Who is this guy kidding hes beating up these puny little 5`11 LHWs with ease and why does he even stroke his own ego like this. He should step up to a real challenge move up with the big boys, and fight people his own size before going on like hes unbeatable.

Quoted for truth!!!!!!!!! Quinton Rampage is one of the biggest light-heavyweights and he looked like a child next to Jones. The guy is almost 6'5 with an incredibly wide frame...his cavicles are wider than Phelps!!!!!!!! What is he doing beating up on guys that are as tall as he was in eighth grade? The guy is just a bully....

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »
 Quoted for truth!!!!!!!!! Quinton Rampage is one of the biggest ight-heavyweights and he looked like a child next to Jones. The guy is almost 6'5 with an incredibly wide frame...his cavicles are wider than Phelps!!!!!!!! What is he doing beating up on guys that are as tall as he was in eight grade? The guy is just a bully....

SUCKMYMUSCLE
::)

MMA has weight classes, not height classes.
By this logic Stephan Struve should be the King of MMA.  ::)
!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »

By this logic Stephan Struve should be the King of MMA.

Yeah, but weight is just an arbitrary physical advantage like height(reach). Jones is dominating because of his reach. He would probably still be top 3 in the LHW division if his reach were the same, but he wouldn't be as dominant. And I never said that reach is the only thing that matters. If you have incredible reach but are slow and lack skill you will lose to a more skilled fighter with less reach. But Jon Jones is being this dominanant because of his reach. You take away his reach advantage, and he is very beatable by the top light-heavyweights athough definitely still a top 3 guy in the division.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »
::)

By this logic Stephan Struve should be the King of MMA.  ::)

They weigh in the day before the fight, not the day of. hope this helps ect

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 09:20:17 PM »
 ;D