Author Topic: Pat Robertson: Woman Struggling Financially Must Keep Tithing  (Read 3310 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

great advice just keep paying the pastor  :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Pat Robertson: Woman Struggling Financially Must Keep Tithing
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
Sounds like obama sending out pleas for cash in donations of 3 dollars. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
That is his opinion. She is still free to do what she wants.

Isn't Obama a "christian"? Or at least was a "christian" for 20 years before Rev. Wrong was exposed.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:06:56 AM »
It's much better if a person sits at a church for 20 years and TITHES to this "pastor".  I can see a sane person doing that. Sure.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
That is his opinion. She is still free to do what she wants.

Isn't Obama a "christian"? Or at least was a "christian" for 20 years before Rev. Wrong was exposed.

hahahah sticking up for pat robertson  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »
what the hell does Pat Robertson have to do with Obama?   ::)

Pat Robertson is sick in the head.  That probably wasn't even a real letter.  They've probably just noticed their donations going down with the recession and he wants to put it out there that they need to keep giving even if they can't afford it.  He just makes the assumption that families like this need to tighten their budget and haven't already done that.  There's probably families out there skimping on food thinking that it'll only be worse for them if they don't fork over 10% to the church...  baaaaa....

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »
hahahah sticking up for pat robertson  ::)

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Stick to palming Obama's balls, you fag.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Stick to palming Obama's balls, you fag.

hahaha this coming from a guy who follows 333386 around on the getbig board agreeing with everything he says,talk about balls in mouth :D

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »
Robertson and the president are both false christians.  But then, you already knew that, didn't you?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »
What exactly was wrong with what Robertson said again?

He stated that she needed a budget, that (in all likelihood) she's probably spending too much on certain items. People have to cut back in a bad economy. It may mean a cheaper car, or even a smaller house. It might be time to ditch the cable; knock off a cell phone or two.

As far as tithing goes, Scripture is self-explanatory. Dollars to donuts, she'd still be unable to pay her bills, EVEN IF SHE STOPPED TITHING!!

Trust me. I've been where Melissa has been. I can honestly say that, when I've been struggling, skimping on my tithe made no difference. It may have paid a bill or two, here and there. But those bills could have been paid or deferred until later.

Although I was taught about tithing since I was a kid, it wasn't until my adult life (after college) that I got serious about it. I tithed, when I was flipping burgers at Wendy's. Eventually, I was blessed with a far better job. And over the years, what I pay in tithe now, used to be my entire salary back in the day.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
what the hell does Pat Robertson have to do with Obama?   ::)

Pat Robertson is sick in the head.  That probably wasn't even a real letter.  They've probably just noticed their donations going down with the recession and he wants to put it out there that they need to keep giving even if they can't afford it.  He just makes the assumption that families like this need to tighten their budget and haven't already done that.  There's probably families out there skimping on food thinking that it'll only be worse for them if they don't fork over 10% to the church...  baaaaa....

Nobody's telling them to skimp on food. But, I'd bet they got way too many cell phones, the car may be too expensive, or things of that nature.

Speaking of food, you can "skimp" without starving. Basically, if your wife can't cook, I feel sorry for you. My wife knows how to bake bread (Thursday night is PIZZA NIGHT!! Who needs Domino's?  ;D ). She just went on an apple-picking adventure with my daughter and now, we have so much applesauce around here, it's ridiculous. Home-cooked meals, instead of pre-packaged/processed food will save you a fortune.

We also saved money when our cars were completely paid off (until my van got totaled in an accident; Thank God no injuries occured). Next year, I plan to use my income tax check and other money to pay off my new van completely. My wife drives the van; I drive her bucket of a car, on which I've run over 220,000 miles. It's an eye-sore; but it gets me to work, the gym, and GNC.  ;D.

As stated earlier, chances are that Melissa and her family wouldn't be able to pay their bills, even if she were to skimp on the tithe. Take it from someone who's been there. It ain't easy to do; you'll rationalize all kinds of reasons not to do so ("Oh, I'll do it next Sunday/Sabbath!"; "The Lord understands what I'm going through!" etc.). I can honestly say that He has been faithful to His word, regarding tithe and offering.