Author Topic: Car Review  (Read 2148 times)

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
Car Review
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:45:13 AM »
Looking to buy another car, was thinking about the 2012 Chrysler 300 S AWD fully loaded ... any thoughts?  whats another good AWD sub $45k?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Car Review
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:53:45 AM »
bmw 3 series has many options,,,coupe or sedan depending on what package u get cold weather,sports,ect,,,4 50,000 warranty maint and repairs.vehicle key and car will tell you when service due and it's free for those first yrs or mileage 50,000.u can build the car as you like and probably look at 42 to 45,000 for decent one.now that's for newer model ,if you go 2010 or 2009 spend a lot less preowned with probably 2-3 yrs less as the above mentioned coverage.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
bmw 3 series has many options,,,coupe or sedan depending on what package u get cold weather,sports,ect,,,4 50,000 warranty maint and repairs.vehicle key and car will tell you when service due and it's free for those first yrs or mileage 50,000.u can build the car as you like and probably look at 42 to 45,000 for decent one.now that's for newer model ,if you go 2010 or 2009 spend a lot less preowned with probably 2-3 yrs less as the above mentioned coverage.
thanks, was also thinking about the Hyundai Genesis.. yeah its a Hyundai, but its looks like a maybach.. and the 10 year 100K warranty

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 10:03:33 AM »
Looking to buy another car, was thinking about the 2012 Chrysler 300 S AWD fully loaded ... any thoughts?  whats another good AWD sub $45k?

junk.  i rented one for a week for a convention, wouldn't use chaos' foot for the pedal.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »
thanks, was also thinking about the Hyundai Genesis.. yeah its a Hyundai, but its looks like a maybach.. and the 10 year 100K warranty

BMW XI used 5 series in your budget 2-3 yrs old

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:25 AM »
nice car and yes they have grown leaps and bounds with kia as well,,,genesis comes in coupe and sedan,coupe has radical sporty look as apposed to the sedan,kia has the new and improved optima looks like a audi a4 a bit and a very affordable option as well,loaded at 32,000 you can get turbocharged vehicle with nice look as well,check out pics on that one as well.i drove one and it had nice inerior space,legroom as well and some pep did not drive turbocharged version just base model which went for 25,000 ,a lot of options for the price .

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:09:14 AM »
BMW XI used 5 series in your budget 2-3 yrs old
yes a great option ,i have a e60 5 series,,love it.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:34 AM »
Check out the reviews for any car you are considering here: http://www.caranddriver.com/

Then weigh the review against your own tastes and priorities.  There are lots of car magazines and websites out there... Car and Driver is still my favorite. 8)

Also check out youtube reviews of cars you are considering.  Chances are there are good video reviews from Edmunds and other car afficianados.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »
Looking to buy another car, was thinking about the 2012 Chrysler 300 S AWD fully loaded ... any thoughts?  whats another good AWD sub $45k?

as written by others look at the bmw 328xi coupe.

i have a 2009. best car ive ever owned- no squeaks, rattles or knocks after 40k. service is beyond exceptional.

will kill the 300 on resale value as well.
b

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
Check out the reviews for any car you are considering here: http://www.caranddriver.com/

Then weigh the review against your own tastes and priorities.  There are lots of car magazines and websites out there... Car and Driver is still my favorite. 8)

Also check out youtube reviews of cars you are considering.  Chances are there are good video reviews from Edmunds and other car afficianados.

do you drive the A4, A6 or A8?

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »

i have a 2009. best car ive ever owned- no squeaks, rattles or knocks after 40k. service is beyond exceptional.

Resale value aside... doesnt the 300 have more horsepower? better looking design, more interior room? and better looking interior? ( have you sat inside the new 300 S, its looks amazing).

and you say the resale value will be higher than the 300, but the maintenance cost will also be higher than the 300

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 10:21:25 AM »

i had an e90 335 2007 when it first came out a beast ,handled like a dream,miss it the 5 series is cool as well i like the drive ,but miss that tight responsive steering of the 335 ...

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 10:27:05 AM »
Resale value aside... doesnt the 300 have more horsepower? better looking design, more interior room? and better looking interior? ( have you sat inside the new 300 S, its looks amazing).

and you say the resale value will be higher than the 300, but the maintenance cost will also be higher than the 300

they are two different cars inside. he coupe is more sporty than the 300, in fact i think the 3 series coups have the nicest lines of any car on the road, apart from the mercedes CLS. the interior is classic bmw- designed to function with simplicity while looking clean.

the 328xi has 240 horse, but has torque in all the right ranges. who cares about HP? its about usable torque, handling and ride comfort. i cant the see a chrysler beating out a BM in any of those departments. as for interior room- who cares- do you plan on sitting in the back seat? your going to buy a car based on someone sitting in the back seat? i would hope not. buy it for yourself. im 6'2 and 250 i fit in my car with PLENTY of room to spare.

do yourself a favour- go to a used car dealer- test drive a used 300. then test drive a used 328.

truthfully im not here to sell you on the 328. or argue with you. go buy the 300, and come back here in 3 years when its worth less than 1/2 what you paid for it.. lol
b

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 10:33:46 AM »
they are two different cars inside. he coupe is more sporty than the 300, in fact i think the 3 series coups have the nicest lines of any car on the road, apart from the mercedes CLS. the interior is classic bmw- designed to function with simplicity while looking clean.

the 328xi has 240 horse, but has torque in all the right ranges. who cares about HP? its about usable torque, handling and ride comfort. i cant the see a chrysler beating out a BM in any of those departments. as for interior room- who cares- do you plan on sitting in the back seat? your going to buy a car based on someone sitting in the back seat? i would hope not. buy it for yourself. im 6'2 and 250 i fit in my car with PLENTY of room to spare.

do yourself a favour- go to a used car dealer- test drive a used 300. then test drive a used 328.

truthfully im not here to sell you on the 328. or argue with you. go buy the 300, and come back here in 3 years when its worth less than 1/2 what you paid for it.. lol
this^^^^

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO

Audi A4

Maybe you can get a bmw 330xd. But I don't think you can get it over there...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
Hyundai Genesis looks like they ripped off every lux manufacturer's design. The front is forgettable, the grill is from a early 2000s S Class, the headlights from the current gen Lexus LS, the rear valance with intergrated exhaust tips---Lexus LS, the rear lights the BMW 7 and 5 series.

Go with what njflex said, or a Lexus GS350 AWD as the the GS is going to be replaced in a few months and they need to move thd old ones off the lots. Or the Mercedes E350 4matic, in sedan or coupe form.

These cars will hold their value. Once the Recession is over, the Hyundai's value will drop quicker than Ronnie Coleman when his name was announced as Mr. O.
You will need every bit of the 10/100k warranty. They only started selling due to the unwarranted bad press  that Toyota was getting

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:12 PM »
dodge challenger,,,my friend for sports car at that price SRT8 mode 6.4L american muscle,,,

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »

Here Chrysler is known as Lada of America  ;D