Author Topic: Kinda says something when Obama goes to Kristol for foreign policy advice  (Read 3040 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Kinda says something when Obama goes to Kristol for foreign policy advice
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »
all I said is that Obama has been talking to Repubs/Neocons since before he got in office

I never said he adopted a neocon foreign policy to "keep them closer"

I know Staw... You said he was meeting with them to keep his enemies closer in a thread where I made the freaking point that he has adopted neoconservative foreign policy.  That's the reason I INCLUDED IT.  ASSUMING YOU'RE REPLYING TO WHAT I'M SAYING IN THIS FUCKING THREAD.

who gives a shit what Darth Cheney says.  Other neocons will continue to say negative shit about Obama too.  That really doesn't change the fact that in this area Obama looks neoconservative and he ran in 08 promising the opposite!!!...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »
I know Staw... You said he was meeting with them to keep his enemies closer in a thread where I made the freaking point that he has adopted neoconservative foreign policy.  That's the reason I INCLUDED IT.  ASSUMING YOU'RE REPLYING TO WHAT I'M SAYING IN THIS FUCKING THREAD.

who gives a shit what Darth Cheney says.  Other neocons will continue to say negative shit about Obama too.  That really doesn't change the fact that in this area Obama looks neoconservative and he ran in 08 promising the opposite!!!...

Obama promised a lot of things.   LMFAO!   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »
Obama Administration’s Neocon Easter

Resurrecting the Neocons: Marc Grossman in … Richard Perle & Douglas Feith in Queue

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has chosen a new special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan: a long-time controversial neocon, a man who has been famous for parading as a foreign agent in the lobby circuit, the scandalous former diplomat Marc Grossman. The not-so-gradual resurrection of the old neocon cabal under the Obama administration, led by Hillary Clinton, should not come as a surprise. According to Washington insiders, Richardl Perle and Douglas Feith have been consulted more than a few times in their ‘unofficial’ capacity, but are not far down in the queue to receive ‘official’ acknowledgement. This shouldn’t come as a surprise; at least to those who’ve been following the steady momentum building at the Obama White House towards a soon-to-come Neocon Easter.

Hillary Clinton appointed Dennis Ross as Special Advisor for the Persian Gulf and Southwest Asia; a man well-known as a hard-core neocon,  Paul Wolfowitz’ protégé, cofounder of the AIPAC sponsored Washington Institute for Near East Policy, and one of the loudest advocates for the Israel lobby. A man who is known to consider himself more Israeli than American; a Jewish American who is known to have spent ‘a lot of time’ in Israel to find his real identity-nationality.

We had Frederick Kagan, a neocon of choice for Mr. Obama, who was hired to manage General Petraeus on Afghanistan. A man whose father was born into a Jewish family in Lithuania; a man cherished by his bosses at the American Enterprise Institute; a man who authored the book, While America Sleeps, arguing in favor of a large increase in military spending and warned of future threats, including the imaginary WMD program in Iraq. We are talking about the man who was one of the main signatories of Project for the New American Century manifesto – the Neocon Bible. The man who was one of the Bush-Cheney administration’s favorite masterminds when it came to perpetual wars.
Let’s jump to our newest and by far the boldest Neocon addition to the Obama-Clinton Whitehouse. Marc Grossman is chosen by the administration to fill the seat vacated by Richard Holbrooke; another Jewish American Neocon who had been a man of choice for every administration in the last four decades. I suggest you read the article titled ‘Obama’s Neocon’ if you want to know a bit more about the old neocon shoes Mr. Grossman will be filling. As for our media’s usual sanitized version for Mr. Grossman’s background, the following by the neocon circle PR machine, the Washington Post, sums it up well:
In a nearly three-decade career at the State Department, Grossman served as assistant secretary of state for Europe and ambassador to Turkey. His last assignment, before retiring from the foreign service in 2005, was undersecretary for political affairs during the first administration of George W. Bush.

He now is vice chairman of the Cohen Group, which advises international business clients on overseas enterprises. Although the consulting group, headed by former defense secretary William Cohen, has several clients with contracts in South Asia, administration officials said they did not foresee any problem in clearing Grossman for the post.

From the mainstream media reporting similar to the above, ordinary Americans should at least gather this much:

Mr. Grossman had to be a Bush-Cheney administration favorite to be appointed as the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, the State Department’s third-ranking official, in 2001. In 2004, Grossman attained the Foreign Service’s highest rank when the President appointed him to the rank of Career Ambassador.

Grossman works for the sin city’s (Washington DC) lobby industry. Not only that, he actually represents foreign governments, foreign businesses and interests. The Cohen Group represents some of the country’s largest weapons manufacturers, companies that stand to benefit from weapons sales: Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Sikorsky…among others. Their list of controversial and or criminal entities includes companies such as DynCorp International. Through their partnership with DLA Piper, the Cohen group also serves foreign clients such as the Turkish government and business interest groups, Australia’s scandalous AWB, India and UAE.

And here is what many Americans won’t be getting from the US media:
-  The investigative reports on Marc Grossman and his role in planting moles in US nuclear facilities:

An unnamed high-ranking State Department official helps a nuclear smuggling ring connected to Pakistani nuclear scientist A. Q. Khan and Pakistan’s ISI to plant “moles” in US military and academic institutions that handle nuclear technology, according to FBI translator Sibel Edmonds. The State Department official apparently arranges security clearance for some of the moles, enabling them to work in sensitive nuclear research facilities, including the Los Alamos nuclear laboratory in New Mexico, which is responsible for the security of the US nuclear deterrent. The high-ranking State Department official who is not named by Britain’s Sunday Times is said to be Marc Grossman…

- John M. Cole, a former FBI Counterintelligence and Counterespionage Manager, has publicly confirmed FBI’s decade long investigation the former State Department Official, Marc Grossman:

John M. Cole, a former FBI Counterintelligence and Counterespionage Manager, has publicly confirmed the FBI’s decade long investigation of the former State Department Official Marc Grossman. Cole worked for 18 years in the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division. According to Cole, as in over one hundred cases involving Israeli espionage activities directed against the US government, the Grossman case was covered up and buried despite mountains of evidence that was collected.

Here is the public response from John Cole after the publication of The American Conservative magazine’s cover story:

“I read the recent cover story by The American Conservative magazine. I applaud their courage in publishing this significant interview. I am fully aware of the FBI’s decade-long investigation of the High-level State Department Official named in this article, Marc Grossman, which ultimately was buried and covered up. It is long past time to investigate this case and bring about accountability…”

cont... http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2011/02/16/obama-administration%e2%80%99s-neocon-easter/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »

my original post was not a response (i.e. I did not include your quote in my response) to anything you said so why are you assuming I'm replying to you or or anything that you said

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »
why are you avoiding the topic lol...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »
LOL straw... Lame excuse... It's a little bigger than seeking out various opinions...  The fact is Obama ran against neoconservative foreign policy and from day one in office pretty much kept up the neoconservative foreign policy making it look more like a 3rd term of Bush...  That's why Kristol can call Obama a "born again neocon" and be happy about saying it.

You voted for change, you definitely didn't get it here.  Now you got guys like blacken and TA that flat out love Obama's new neocon image instead of calling him out for it.

You're looking at this from the wrong angle. It's not that libs are acting like neocons, it's that neocons act like libs. Look throughout history. Who was responsible for over 100,000,000 million deaths last century? That's right, leftists.

At their very core they're nothing more than blood-thirsty warmongers. They've never come across a purge of undesirables they couldn't throw their weight behind.

Because he's a weaselly douche bag.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »

is this question for me?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 04:49:43 PM »
You're looking at this from the wrong angle. It's not that libs are acting like neocons, it's that neocons act like libs. Look throughout history. Who was responsible for over 100,000,000 million deaths last century? That's right, leftists.

At their very core they're nothing more than blood-thirsty warmongers. They've never come across a purge of undesirables they couldn't throw their weight behind.

Because he's a weaselly douche bag.
well the neoconservatives were originally liberal democrats so you have a point.  I guess they've come home.

Just funny as hell that democrats spent the Bush years screaming bloody murder at neocons and here they are now happy as shit with Bush's 3rd term and the neoconservative foreign policy still in place for the most part.  TA and Blacken get on here like they just can't wait for more war lol... 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
is this question for me?
no, I'm actually ok with your red herring.  I'd rather spend several more posts talking about your theory that Obama is talking to neocons to keep his enemies closer and that you didn't say anything about Obama adopting a neoconservitive foreign policy.... Sound like fun lol... not.