Author Topic: H I T and arm size?????  (Read 5517 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: H I T and arm size?????
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »
AJ supposedly had 17 1/4 inch arms at a bodyweight of 205 at 5'8" and he was a lifetime natural.

And you "supposedly" have a brain but you swallow everything H.I.T. related wholesale and without question

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
I think Dorian's biceps was a weak body part due to genetics. I'm sure he tried all kinds of things to improve his biceps. I also remember he said that his forearms often would take over from the biceps during biceps exercises. So proper exercise selection is something that will vary between different people and is probably more important than the exact amount of sets he did.

imo dorian's biceps (before tearing his left) were ok.. not the same level as his triceps and forearms but still ok.. better than levron's and shawn's from the front for example!!..

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 08:52:12 AM »
imo dorian's biceps (before tearing his left) were ok.. not the same level as his triceps and forearms but still ok.. better than levron's and shawn's from the front for example!!..

When I say weak, I mean in relation to his other bodyparts. Certainly, Yates had pretty big arms! His left arm was always lagging behind his right arm tho. Even before his biceps tear in 94.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »
And you "supposedly" have a brain but you swallow everything H.I.T. related wholesale and without question

but i seriously have been training my whole body including arms only one set per exercise during the last 2 years.. so for biceps or triceps it's only 4-5 sets and as you know my arms are great ;D..

i was once talking with my dear friend sawmi about HIT and how it worked fine with me and his opinion was that after so many years of training any training method gives nearly the same result!!.. i kinda agree with him..

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
If only Dorians arms were as proportionately as big as someone like Lee Priest he would have had the full package? I know Lee is renowned for doing 20 sets for Bis and Tris? Put then again Lee doesnt have the Back & Chest of Yates. I presume both take similar amounts of hormones to achieve there goal so maybe there is something in doing more sets for arms to make them grow more? Or is it a simply case that Lee just does more oil in them then Yates did?  ???

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 09:00:05 AM »
When I say weak, I mean in relation to his other bodyparts. Certainly, Yates had pretty big arms! His left arm was always lagging behind his right arm tho. Even before his biceps tear in 94.

before tearing his left it was just of a very different shape than the right!!.. as if they didnt belong to the same person.. same with jay cutler..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »
If only Dorians arms were as proportionately as big as someone like Lee Priest he would have had the full package? I know Lee is renowned for doing 20 sets for Bis and Tris? Put then again Lee doesnt have the Back & Chest of Yates. I presume both take similar amounts of hormones to achieve there goal so maybe there is something in doing more sets for arms to make them grow more? Or is it a simply case that Lee just does more oil in them then Yates did?  ???

nither this nor that it's simply he has better arms (especially) biceps gentics than dorian!!..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 09:08:35 AM »
Or is it a simply case that Lee just does more oil in them then Yates did?  ???
its a case of genetically better arms and oil

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »
Gey groink, whats your diet/cardio like?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
but i seriously have been training my whole body including arms only one set per exercise during the last 2 years.. so for biceps or triceps it's only 4-5 sets and as you know my arms are great ;D..

i was once talking with my dear friend sawmi about HIT and how it worked fine with me and his opinion was that after so many years of training any training method gives nearly the same result!!.. i kinda agree with him..

QFT....all the same shit

if YOU know how to train

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 04:22:04 PM »
waiting gh15's answer  :D ;D

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »
Early 70`s James.
Oh. They were all well into the Jones stuff by then. Still genetic freaks though. I train as hard and after 20 plus years still don't match up with them.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
 The idea of doing only one set training protocal isn't ideal for developing a balanced body. But Mike did get us thinking about how many sets are actually needed. For example this would be my high intensity bicep routine done after shoulder training. That is every set.
Standing dumbell curls 2x6-8
E-z bar preacher curls 2x8
Hammer wrist curls    2x10     

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2011, 02:55:56 PM »
The idea of doing only one set training protocal isn't ideal for developing a balanced body. But Mike did get us thinking about how many sets are actually needed. For example this would be my high intensity bicep routine done after shoulder training. That is every set.
Standing dumbell curls 2x6-8
E-z bar preacher curls 2x8
Hammer wrist curls    2x10     

what's your cycle?

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
Haha never touched a thing in my life....