Author Topic: David Graeber, the Anti-Leader of Occupy Wall Street  (Read 1615 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
David Graeber, the Anti-Leader of Occupy Wall Street
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:26:49 PM »
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/david-graeber-the-antileader-of-occupy-wall-street-10262011.html

This is the link...I'm not gonna mega paste the article but its fascinating. This physically desribes him - Graeber is small-framed and fidgety, with a pale boyish face and blue eyes. He dresses like a graduate student and speaks fast, in bursts punctuated by long ums, a ragged laugh, or pauses to catch his breath. He doesn’t make much eye contact. When finishing a thought, he has a habit of ducking his head and arching his eyebrows, as if he has just heard a faint but alarming sound. If I came across this guy in Iraq, I'd say he's hiding something. In fact he is...he's full of shit. The guy can't drive and he's trying to sell a book....after that his ridiculous ideology gets more confusing. Please read it.

Beserk your slipping this is exactly something u'd post.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: David Graeber, the Anti-Leader of Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:13:13 PM »
very sad about the dude that was injured in oakland.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:26:25 PM »
his book is real good though even if hes ugly

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/david-graeber-the-antileader-of-occupy-wall-street-10262011.html

This is the link...I'm not gonna mega paste the article but its fascinating. This physically desribes him - Graeber is small-framed and fidgety, with a pale boyish face and blue eyes. He dresses like a graduate student and speaks fast, in bursts punctuated by long ums, a ragged laugh, or pauses to catch his breath. He doesn’t make much eye contact. When finishing a thought, he has a habit of ducking his head and arching his eyebrows, as if he has just heard a faint but alarming sound. If I came across this guy in Iraq, I'd say he's hiding something. In fact he is...he's full of shit. The guy can't drive and he's trying to sell a book....after that his ridiculous ideology gets more confusing. Please read it.

Beserk your slipping this is exactly something u'd post.

I always forget about BusinessWeek. I'll give this a read tomorrow when I've got some time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:43 PM »
Read the whole thing.   Dude has isdues. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »
interesting set up

I'll read it too

thanks

Graeber is a 50-year-old anthropologist—among the brightest, some argue, of his generation—who made his name with innovative theories on exchange and value, exploring phenomena such as Iroquois wampum and the Kwakiutl potlatch. An American, he teaches at Goldsmiths, University of London. He’s also an anarchist and radical organizer, a veteran of many of the major left-wing demonstrations of the past decade: Quebec City and Genoa, the Republican National Convention protests in Philadelphia and New York, the World Economic Forum in New York in 2002, the London tuition protests earlier this year. This summer, Graeber was a key member of a small band of activists who quietly planned, then noisily carried out, the occupation of Lower Manhattan’s Zuccotti Park, providing the focal point for what has grown into an amorphous global movement known as Occupy Wall Street.