Author Topic: Return of Beetlejuice  (Read 663 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Return of Beetlejuice
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:41:27 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=48978

The Screenwriters of the Beetlejuice Sequel Want Michael Keaton Back!
The men behind the new project, David Katzen­berg and Seth Grahame-Smith stress that their Beetlejuice won't be a remake, and don't want Michael Keaton to just make a cameo.

Oh thank the lord! This is one of those few movies that I really have secretly craved that a sequel would be made. To hear that the men behind the project want Keaton to star as Beetlejuice is a huge relief. The character just would not be the same if they replaced him, and had him make a cheesy cameo.

But does Keaton want to return? Oh yeah he does! He was at the Toy Story 3 premiere and was asked if he had interest in reprising the role for a sequel. He said, "“Oh I’d do that in a heartbeat. Absolutely, that’s the one thing I’d love to do again. That’s the only one I’d love to do.”

And what about Geena Davis, Alec Baldwin, or even Winona "The Thief" Ryder? Well I'm not sure on the last two, but Geena Davis recently expressed interest, in April she said, "I would do that! Thing is, do ghosts age? Wouldn’t we be stuck in the age we were? Alec [Baldwin] and I would have to look as we did then – who knows, maybe we could? I better get in touch with Tim Burton."

Beetlejuice sequel, an update on “the ghost with the most” that’s still in the concept phase.

David Katzen­berg: We’re not remaking Beetlejuice. People have been very angry about that.

Seth Grahame-Smith: When Warner Bros. came to us about it, we said the only way we’d do it if we got Tim [Burton’s] blessing and involvement, and we got that, and the star of the movie has to be Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice, and it’s a true continuation 26 years later. Not just throwing him in as a cameo going, “Hey, it’s me. I endorse this movie.” We’re not there yet [with Keaton] because we don’t have a film to present to him. - insidemovies.ew.com

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Return of Beetlejuice
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:53:37 AM »
Rather see Mr. Mom sequel