Author Topic: Soloflex weightlifting equipment?  (Read 1440 times)

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Soloflex weightlifting equipment?
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:54:34 PM »

i know a guy who is selling his old soloflex at a garage sale this weekend. i think i can snag it for $400. thoughts?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: soloflex?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »

i know a guy who is selling his old soloflex at a garage sale this weekend. i think i can snag it for $400. thoughts?

I think you can talk him down to $100

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »
Pass.  About 14 years ago, I had a friend give me his Soloflex after he finally admitted to himself that he was never going to use it consistently.  I took it because it was free and because, at the time, I could not conveniently go to a gym.  After having used it for a few months I can honestly say I do not think it is worth paying for.  The resistance comes from thick rubber bands and using them is very different from using weights.  You can eventually adjust to this, but I found it very odd and unwelcome.  The number of exercises available to you on the Soloflex is limited and also awkward if you are used to real gym equipment.

Switching exercises involves reconfiguring the machine and that gets old real fast!  You’ll see what I mean within a day or two of really using it.

If you insist on buying it do not pay more than $100 for it.  I expect you will discard it within a year.  ::)

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »
tell that to mr. universe frank zane ;)