Author Topic: Frank Mir says Brock will easily beat Overeem  (Read 5467 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Frank Mir says Brock will easily beat Overeem
« on: October 30, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/5410/mir-favors-old-foe-lesnar-against-overeem

Mir, who is 1-1 in two fights with Lesnar, believes his former opponent holds a fairly significant edge against Overeem.

“Honestly, I think Brock will win pretty easily,” Mir told ESPN.com.

“I think we’re going to see the closest thing to a grappler versus striker match you’ll see nowadays. Brock is going to cover up; maybe throw one jab. He’ll rush Overeem to the cage, reach down for a leg and rip him down.”

After that happens, Mir has little faith Overeem is capable of working to his feet. One of the greatest concerns on the Dutch striker, despite the fact he’s held titles in multiple organizations, is his effectiveness fighting from the bottom.

“I don’t think he’s going to get off his back,” Mir said. “I’d be very shocked -- I’d applaud Overeem if he got off his back.”

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Frank Mir says Brock will easily beat Overeem
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »
Cock will hopefully tear him a new asshole.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:30:59 AM »
Swede?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »
If Lesnar shows up healthy he should win that fight.  It's as close to grappler vs striker as we're going to see nowadays.  And, as Mir said, 9 times out of 10, the grappler wins...
w

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:06:20 AM »
If Lesnar shows up healthy he should win that fight.  It's as close to grappler vs striker as we're going to see nowadays.  And, as Mir said, 9 times out of 10, the grappler wins...
Lesnar has the tools to beat anyone, including Cain, but if he comes out like an idiot the way he did his last fight he will lose to almost any top guy, first ten seconds...I was "what the fuck is he doing" in the Cain fight, but if he is cautious like in the Mir 2 fight he will beat him with ease. :)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:44:33 AM »
  Oh weren't you saying some time ago that Overeem is the greatest MMA fighter on Earth? Epic lack of consistency. And I think you mean wrestling because Lesnar's grappling is terrible and submitting Shane Carwin doesen't change that.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

All of my posts are still alive on this forum.  Please find where I said "Overeem is the greatest MMA fighter on Earth" ::)

Oh, and wrestling is considered grappling ::) ::)
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
All of my posts are still alive on this forum.  Please find where I said "Overeem is the greatest MMA fighter on Earth"

Oh, and wrestling is considered grappling.

Great picking at straws. You didn't use those words, but you did say you regard Overeem as the greatest heavyweight in the World. Stop being a fucking liar and live up to the things you say.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 03:38:19 PM »
  Great picking at straws. You didn't use those words, but you did say you regard Overeem as the greatest heavyweight in the World. Stop being a fucking liar and live up to the things you say.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

OK, please find any post where I said he is the greatest Heavyweight in the world...you won't.  You might find a post where I said he was the #1 heavy in Strikeforce, which was true.  But in the UFC, he would have his hands full with a number of guys including Lesnar.
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
OK, please find any post where I said he is the greatest Heavyweight in the world...you won't.  You might find a post where I said he was the #1 heavy in Strikeforce, which was true.  But in the UFC, he would have his hands full with a number of guys including Lesnar.

LIAR, YOU SAID YOU REGARD HIM AS THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT MMA IN THE WORLD. YOU EVEN SAID THAT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT THE BEST MMA HEAVYWEIGHT IN THE WORLD WAS IN THE UFC!!!! WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT LIAR YOU ARE. FUCK YOU. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. AND I WON'T GO THROUGH THOUSANDS OF POSTS OF YOURS TO FIND THE ONE WHERE YOU SAID THAT. OTHER PEOPLE HERE CAN CONFIRM THAT YOU SAID THAT.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
  LIAR, YOU SAID YOU REGARD HIM AS THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT MMA IN THE WORLD. YOU EVEN SAID THAT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT THE BEST MMA HEAVYWEIGHT IN THE WORLD WAS IN THE UFC!!!! WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT LIAR YOU ARE. FUCK YOU. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. AND I WON'T GO THROUGH THOUSANDS OF POSTS OF YOURS TO FIND THE ONE WHERE YOU SAID THAT. OTHER PEOPLE HERE CAN CONFIRM THAT YOU SAID THAT.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
LOL.  All Caps Bold Font meltdown :)
w

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
Both of you need to chill, I have an idea first one to 10 000 posts wins ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Most Popular Shoe of 2011 ¨C Christian Louboutin Daffodile Pumps
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:22 PM »
Christian Louboutin louboutin sale Discount Sneakers, dress, wedding dress, how you as a bride to select and match it Here let's work together to find out about it.Christian Louboutin Discount Footwear, dress, wedding dress, how you as a bride purchase and match it Here let us work together to discover itStyle one: flower dress. Jump Christian Louboutin Price cut flowers sense, both are hot throughout any season, the focus of this coming year by a wave of large regions of flower dress, flower dress is a popular concern this season.

Style one: flower dress. louboutin uk Jump Christian Louboutin Low cost flowers sense, both are hot throughout any season, the focus of this holiday season by a wave of large regions of flower dress, flower dress is a genuine concern this season, and flower pattern with flowers, Christian Louboutin Knockoffs could be the same series can in addition be a dress large of the color been seen in on Christian Louboutin Discount the Department of Christian Louboutin Discount shoes. That marriage is between a ladies life between birth and death of the road, but the wedding may be the gorgeous clothes that road resulting in the door, then do not ignore the wedding shoes of such the important factor. But marriage is not so with the shoes straightforward.

That marriage louboutin sale is between a woman's life between birth and death belonging to the road, but the wedding is a gorgeous clothes that road resulting the door, then do not ignore marriage shoes of such a new important factor. But marriage is not so with the shoes uncomplicated. Christian Louboutin Discount Shoes and boots, dress, wedding dress, how you as a bride to pick out and match it' Here allow us to work together to find out about it'.

http://www.ukchristianlouboutinsale1.com/

Now back to our originality scheduled programming.
A

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:16 PM »
What does Mir have to say now  :D

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 11:03:10 PM »
What does Mir have to say now  :D

Oh SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:57 PM »
maybe frank mir can fight overeem next

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 12:49:36 PM »
maybe frank mir can fight overeem next

Mir wouldn't last 30 seconds with him

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:33 AM »
Mir wouldn't last 30 seconds with him

yeah i agree. mir couldn;t stand with reem and mir couldn't take him down so it would be a short nite
irongearco.com

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 07:56:06 AM »

yeah i agree. mir couldn;t stand with reem and mir couldn't take him down so it would be a short nite

yeah, and I dont think Mir even has a chance of submitting him really..

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
yeah, and I dont think Mir even has a chance of submitting him really..
lol, we might find out soon enough.  If Overeem beats JDS, and Mir wins his next fight, I think they will fight eachother for the title.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »
lol, we might find out soon enough.  If Overeem beats JDS, and Mir wins his next fight, I think they will fight eachother for the title.

True enough, would love to see Frankie get dropped by Reem. Im sick of hearing about him.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
I think Mir is the most underrated heavyweight. People don't like him because his face is annoying, but the fact is he can potentially beat almost anyone. Hes just really inconsistent, but he's always a wild card.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »
I think Mir is the most underrated heavyweight. People don't like him because his face is annoying, but the fact is he can potentially beat almost anyone. Hes just really inconsistent, but he's always a wild card.

Hes capable of pulling off wild submissions on good competition sometimes. But hes not a A level fighter, hes always gonna be a gatekeeper.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
Hes capable of pulling off wild submissions on good competition sometimes. But hes not a A level fighter, hes always gonna be a gatekeeper.

you see i think he is an A level fighter but just one dimensional. i think he deserves to be mentioned as a top HW
irongearco.com

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »
you see i think he is an A level fighter but just one dimensional. i think he deserves to be mentioned as a top HW

K I stand corrected there, he is one dimensional. And I think he takes too many risks striking when hes not a striker. Hes a smart guy that should snap out of his karate kid combat dream and start being more strategic, getting takedowns and utilizing what hes good at, lower body submissions.