Author Topic: Paul has no plans for third-party bid, yet  (Read 798 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Paul has no plans for third-party bid, yet
« on: October 30, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »
I guess we'll find out how loyal he is to his party after he fails to win the Republican nomination. 

Posted by
CNN Producer Gabriella Schwarz

(CNN) - Ron Paul has no plans to launch a third-party bid for the White House in 2012 if he fails to win the Republican nomination, he said Sunday.

"I have no intention of doing it," Paul said on CNN's "State of the Union." "Nobody's particularly asked me to do it and they know what I'm doing and I have no plans whatsoever to do it."

Paul ran as a Libertarian Party candidate in the 1988 presidential election and as a Republican Party candidate in the 2008 election.

Although he did not explicitly denounce the idea of a third-party bid in this election cycle, Paul insisted that such a candidacy would not "doom" Republican chances by diluting the conservative vote.

"It would cause a little bit of a problem," Paul acknowledged.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/30/paul-has-no-plans-for-third-party-bid-yet/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Paul has no plans for third-party bid, yet
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
I guess we'll find out how loyal he is to his party after he fails to win the Republican nomination. 
Posted by

(CNN) - Ron Paul has no plans to launch a third-party bid for the White House in 2012 if he fails to win the Republican nomination, he said Sunday.

"I have no intention of doing it," Paul said on CNN's "State of the Union." "Nobody's particularly asked me to do it and they know what I'm doing and I have no plans whatsoever to do it."

Paul ran as a Libertarian Party candidate in the 1988 presidential election and as a Republican Party candidate in the 2008 election.

Although he did not explicitly denounce the idea of a third-party bid in this election cycle, Paul insisted that such a candidacy would not "doom" Republican chances by diluting the conservative vote.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/30/paul-has-no-plans-for-third-party-bid-yet/

they've been really loyal and respectful to him

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »
yeah, great call straw man. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »
yeah, great call straw man. 

you know I'm being sarcastic ....right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »
you know I'm being sarcastic ....right?
of course lol... i use sarcasm 24/7.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
of course lol... i use sarcasm 24/7.

I figured

the irony is that I didn't catch the sarcasm in your response

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »
I figured

the irony is that I didn't catch the sarcasm in your response

usually when i give compliments, it's sarcastic, biting or designed to start shit.  You made a good point about them not supporting him

i've been training like an animal and making excellent gains lately.. the anger for politics and urge to shit on ppl here isn't present :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »

Posted by

Yeah I guess we'll see how loyal he is to the Republican party. Lol, The party has gone so far from what it used to stand for it makes your comment hilarious.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »

Yeah I guess we'll see how loyal he is to the Republican party. Lol, The party has gone so far from what it used to stand for it makes your comment hilarious.

If that's what he believes he should leave the party.  If he's going to be a card-carrying member of the Republican Party, he should support the Republican Party, including supporting the nominee. 

I think his lack of party loyalty is part of the reason he will likely never get more than his 10 percent ceiling in the polls or on election day. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »
If that's what he believes he should leave the party.  If he's going to be a card-carrying member of the Republican Party, he should support the Republican Party, including supporting the nominee. 

I think his lack of party loyalty is part of the reason he will likely never get more than his 10 percent ceiling in the polls or on election day. 

Fuck that. The party need individuals to remind the other boneheads what it used to stand for, not some mindless cheerleader that waves his/her pom poms no matter how far lost the party gets.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 06:12:22 PM »
Paul is a Libertarian

He should run as one and stop pretending he is a Republican

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
Paul is a Libertarian

He should run as one and stop pretending he is a Republican

I hope he does run as a third party..he would give the election to Obama on a silver platter

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
ron paul didn't leave the repub party.   they left him.

the neocuunts then the tea partiers and this new whiny crop of "oh i'm the victim"...

ron paul stayed manned the fvck up which the rest of you went chickenhawk, trailer, then whiner.  thanks for playing.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »

the neocuunts then the tea partiers and this new whiny crop of "oh i'm the victim"...

ron paul stayed manned the fvck up which the rest of you went chickenhawk, trailer, then whiner.  thanks for playing.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 07:01:46 PM »

Woah. Lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »

LMFAO!!!    You disagree with everything he represents! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »

Fuck that. The party need individuals to remind the other boneheads what it used to stand for, not some mindless cheerleader that waves his/her pom poms no matter how far lost the party gets.

If he's going to stay and try and improve the party that's fine, but he can't expect the support of rank and file Republicans if he isn't loyal to the party.  That just makes his campaign essentially symbolic.  In fact, that's pretty much what he is running (a symbolic campaign). 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
RP is the best candidate on the issues by far.     but his campaign approach is severely flawed. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
RP is the best candidate on the issues by far.     but his campaign approach is severely flawed. 

Best?  I wouldn't go that far.  Certainly not when it comes to defense and foreign policy.  But anyone running would be better than Obama, including Ron Paul.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 08:30:31 PM »
Best?  I wouldn't go that far.  Certainly not when it comes to defense and foreign policy.  But anyone running would be better than Obama, including Ron Paul.

I would vote for Johnny Jihad / BTK Killer 2012 if allowed o over Obama.