Author Topic: Any of you Buddhist?  (Read 11536 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Any of you Buddhist?
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
Of course I'm kidding!

Dutchguy, did you already forget about me?

"1"
Yeah right had a rough day, lots of complaining patients, ungratefull dogs they are...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »
Yeah right had a rough day, lots of complaining patients, ungratefull dogs they are...

You know what I say, nothing that a large, intravenous bolus of Potassium can't cure..

"1"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »
Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ.
"1"
Who's that?
V

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2011, 02:27:48 PM »
You know what I say, nothing that a large, intravenous bolus of Potassium can't cure..

"1"
My patients are not physically ill, they're just complaining assholes...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »
It's possible, but it's either life for buddhism or none. Count me out. I rather acknowledge good and bad and be human than try to achieve nirvana. But make no mistake about it it's possible and some people do it to some degree.

For example there was a karateka who meditated alot in order to achieve the perfect skill. Later on he needed vaticans help to be excorcised (and it helped). Meditation can be dangerous because it may open yourself to be influenced by bad spirits, not some energies lol. Energy is a very simple consept as is science, it's just a logical way to communicate and translate. Spirits are beyond all that.
Dude was on that astral plane, and met some turbulence (astral entities).
Either he didn't realize that they were there or, he allowed himself to be open to them. There are precautions

it's said that when we get drunk we allow spirits to take hold of our bodies, as our own spirit is temporary "out of the driver's seat"---as only one spirit at a time can be in the driver's seat...

Need more info on this karateka...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Are you stoned man, serious, is this post serious. Are you seriously envious of other mens large genitals
lmao, the term endowed refers to a gift bestowed, i was using it in reference to mental endowment.. thought that was quite obvious

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »
It is a interesting concept I have studied for Buddhism a number of years. It all boils down to all religions teach the basic same principles so the the best religion = no religion.  Do the right things which is instilled in us at birth and accept what the universe gives you.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2011, 03:49:19 PM »
It is a interesting concept I have studied for Buddhism a number of years. It all boils down to all religions teach the basic same principles so the the best religion = no religion.  Do the right things which is instilled in us at birth and accept what the universe gives you.

accepting what the universe gives you is Buddhism.....LOL....that book "The Secret" was basically Buddhism wrapped up in marketing

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
Who's that?
Great, so they misspell "you're" as well.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »
lmao, the term endowed refers to a gift bestowed, i was using it in reference to mental endowment.. thought that was quite obvious
I know, I just seen an opening for a bit.
V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »
this thread is like an ATM but there's no fees and it's chocked full of wisdom waiting to be withdrawn!

I thought I did alright.

- I likened Eastern gnosticism to Heraclitean and Platonic views.  True?  False?  Insightful?  Obvious?  Plain stupid?

- Differentiated between religions with with a basis in inquiry vs those based on revelation.  Right?  Wrong?  Impossible?  Imact on the roles of faith and reason?

- Ate a low carb dinner

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2011, 02:42:02 PM »
was-actually sat in temple

not anymore...wandering mind... :)
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »
As a Buddhist, you don't have a be a peace-lovin tree hugger....LOL...you can fight if you feel threatened..you just cannot initiate said action and you should never be so angry as to do so.........in Buddhist teachings if someone is making threatening gestures toward you..you are to stay perfectly still and relax..don't egg the person on by returning his aggressiveness...give the guy a chance to back down or calm down but if the person attacks you, you are free to whip his ass if you choose to do so.
Sounds like the perfect strategy for an ass whipping, last dude who waited for me to strike, got KTFO
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »
I've got one as well......"A great warrior can conquer an army in battle....but he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior of all"

one of my favorite sayings
Personally, I'd rather slay an army in battle like a mighty GOD warrior than to conquer myself.
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »
Sounds like the perfect strategy for an ass whipping, last dude who waited for me to strike, got KTFO

I disagree.....you see..you are letting your ego get the best of you....you are so intent on kicking people's ass that again..you are being overly aggressive...which is a prescription for possibly getting your own ass kicked...

There is nothing wrong with waiting it out to see if the guy hits you first....as I have said, many guys have backed down when all I did was stand there and watch him.....if he did make a threatening gesture then I definitely would have released violence on his ass....

But really it doesn't matte if he beats you or not....if he did so what?.does that make you any less of a man????

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »
Personally, I'd rather slay an army in battle like a mighty GOD warrior than to conquer myself.

again....and what does all of that killing ACTUALLY get you?...you feel good about yourself???...big deal

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »
I disagree.....you see..you are letting your ego get the best of you....you are so intent on kicking people's ass that again..you are being overly aggressive...which is a prescription for possibly getting your own ass kicked...

There is nothing wrong with waiting it out to see if the guy hits you first....as I have said, many guys have backed down when all I did was stand there and watch him.....if he did make a threatening gesture then I definitely would have released violence on his ass....

But really it doesn't matte if he beats you or not....if he did so what?.does that make you any less of a man????
See the problem is you are assuming someone is going to make a threating gesture, if I wanted to fight you, there would be no threating gesture, just mayhem, and the fact you waited for me to attack first, puts you at a massive disadvantage - it is just a poor survival strategy is all I am saying, and I believe it is good for a man to lose a fight, just not too many of them.  Men reflect after an ass beating, and reflection is necessary for character growth.  Look what happened to the monks in Tibet with the same attitude you have, they were even kicked out of their own country because they were too afraid to fight.  Yeah, buddhism works, those dudes cant even protect their country.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
again....and what does all of that killing ACTUALLY get you?...you feel good about yourself???...big deal
All that killing gets you pumped, can you imagine the adrenaline from hacking, slashing, killing, raping, burning and the glory of victory.  The feast afterwards would be sent from the gods themselves.  And I would not only feel good about myself, my name would ring throughout history, and women would flock to my cock, and it would be sucked with an intensity worthy of the Great One Man Army Slayer.
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2011, 06:39:10 PM »
See the problem is you are assuming someone is going to make a threating gesture, if I wanted to fight you, there would be no threating gesture, just mayhem, and the fact you waited for me to attack first, puts you at a massive disadvantage - it is just a poor survival strategy is all I am saying, and I believe it is good for a man to lose a fight, just not too many of them.  Men reflect after an ass beating, and reflection is necessary for character growth.  Look what happened to the monks in Tibet with the same attitude you have, they were even kicked out of their own country because they were too afraid to fight.  Yeah, buddhism works, those dudes cant even protect their country.

The Monks actually did the right thing....how were they going to fight the Chinese army???...they had practically no army of their own......they would have been slaughtered....better to live to fight another day...

also, if someone doesn't make a threatening gesture and just decided to attack then there is nothing you can do but fight...and fight well....but again..you have to take the ego out of the equation or else you are not a true Buddhist.....the ego wants to fight and prevail over others....so it can feel good about itself...but for many, they wind up getting killed or in jail....why bother?....walk away and go live life

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »
All that killing gets you pumped, can you imagine the adrenaline from hacking, slashing, killing, raping, burning and the glory of victory.  The feast afterwards would be sent from the gods themselves.  And I would not only feel good about myself, my name would ring throughout history, and women would flock to my cock, and it would be sucked with an intensity worthy of the Great One Man Army Slayer.

ha..and that would be very temporary my friend..because you would then make yourself a target and the next warrior who comes along will then slay you...all the things you stated you would get can be gotten without the bloodshed

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
LOL at getbig buddhists.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2011, 07:12:21 PM »
ha..and that would be very temporary my friend..because you would then make yourself a target and the next warrior who comes along will then slay you...all the things you stated you would get can be gotten without the bloodshed
And what a magnificent glorious death that would be, to have stories told of my heroic actions in battle, to have women measure up there husbands to me.  Fuck Buddhism, for some reason, your arguments dont appeal to the Warrior spirit in me. I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
And what a magnificent glorious death that would be, to have stories told of my heroic actions in battle, to have women measure up there husbands to me.  Fuck Buddhism, for some reason, your arguments dont appeal to the Warrior spirit in me. I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!

I'd rather live to a ripe old age than to die for nothing and have people brag about any exploits I might have which are dubious at best.....