Author Topic: Any of you Buddhist?  (Read 11690 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Any of you Buddhist?
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2011, 11:03:07 AM »
Seems to me that Buddhism would take a lot of work to perfect,if perfecting it was possible...........so much so, that while working at achieving Nirvana,you`d miss out on a lot of fine hoes!!

Just try to do the next right thing and get on with living.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »
thread is bursting at the seams with wisdom!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »
;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2011, 11:06:21 AM »
Wow, didn't realize I was a sexist, hateful, dbag talking about how to better myself with buddhism while preaching about pseudo nonsense.  

Sounds like a great add to my resume!
Well I am past worrying about my resume, I have grown up and am sure of myself, I sell myself. The problem is you dont understand buddhism, buddhism must be seen like a raft to get from one side of a river to the other, once you reach the other side you dont continue on with the raft still on your back, you let it go, appreciate the help it gave you accross the river and move on.  People who carp on about buddhism are still travelling across the river.  Those who dont are on one bank or the other.
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
Seems to me that Buddhism would take a lot of work to perfect,if perfecting it was possible...........so much so, that while working at achieving Nirvana,you`d miss out on a lot of fine hoes!!

Just try to do the next right thing and get on with living.

my interpretation is that you can bang hoes but just beware of entanglements and be able to discern what you are getting into ...don't just sleep with women blindly..try to make sure it will be a positive experience for both you and her....having sex is part of your body's well-being

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »
im not a buddhist but i like certain buddhist ideas .. like this:

"Such a simple thing as a flower, for instance, is the sum total of all the causes and conditions which comprise it: sun, air, soil, water, nutrients, pollination by insects, the seed that came from a flower that came from a seed that came from the unbroken line of life back to the first simple cells. There is a story that once the Buddha came to give a lecture to an assembly of monks and held up a flower in silence. Of all the monks, only Mahakashyapa smiled his understanding. Perhaps he was, at least in part, acknowledging this chain of being."

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
my interpretation is that you can bang hoes but just beware of entanglements and be able to discern what you are getting into ...don't just sleep with women blindly..try to make sure it will be a positive experience for both you and her....having sex is part of your body's well-being
Way to dumb down thousands of years of monastic study on living and dying by men infinitely more determined than you to seek salvation and elevate themselves to a position to be of worth to all living beings.  I am sure the Dalai Lama has a similar take on things.
V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
..don't just sleep with women blindly..
Party pooper!!  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »

"Such a simple thing as a flower, for instance, is the sum total of all the causes and conditions which comprise it: sun, air, soil, water, nutrients, pollination by insects, the seed that came from a flower that came from a seed that came from the unbroken line of life back to the first simple cells. There is a story that once the Buddha came to give a lecture to an assembly of monks and held up a flower in silence. Of all the monks, only Mahakashyapa smiled his understanding. Perhaps he was, at least in part, acknowledging this chain of being."

Yeah, and maybe Mahakashyapa was just a big homo eyeing off the Buddhas fat arse for some man on man action.  These texts can be interpreted twenty different ways.  Just sounds like nonsense to me.
V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »

What da` fuck you smokin` bro..................... some deep shit!!  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2011, 11:22:05 AM »

HA HAH HA AHAHH  HAHAH HHHAH  HAH AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHa ha ha = yeah I wont some, I want to smile in acknowledgment at the unbroken line of life prompted from a simple hand gesture.  Those buddhists dudes knew how to smoke it up too I reckon with stories like that.
V

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2011, 11:26:35 AM »
i didnt write that.. but ya its pretty cool !

Yeah, and maybe Mahakashyapa was just a big homo eyeing off the Buddhas fat arse for some man on man action.  These texts can be interpreted twenty different ways.  Just sounds like nonsense to me.
  its just a way of relating an idea, whether or not the story is true or the interpretation is accurate is of no consequence

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
i didnt write that.. but ya its pretty cool !

its just a way of relating an idea, whether or not the story is true or the interpretation is accurate is of no consequence
Sounds like something Jimi Hendrix would say!!  LOL  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »
All we need is Senor Falcon to help move this thread from the incomprehensible to the ungraspable.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
All we need is Senor Falcon to help move this thread from the incomprehensible to the ungraspable.
;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2011, 11:39:18 AM »
Just as the highest and the lowest notes are equally inaudible, so perhaps, is the greatest sense and the greatest nonsense equally unintelligible.
Allan Watts

V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »
Damn,I`m becoming enlightened!!  :)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »
Damn,I`m becoming enlightened!!  :)

In criticizing, the teacher is hoping to teach. That's all.
Bankei

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2011, 11:55:19 AM »
In criticizing, the teacher is hoping to teach. That's all.
Bankei

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment

Wait, have you come back down to my level or are you above me again?  Hmmmmmmmm.....maybe this is a buddhist test?  Will I need a scantron?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
I know you didnt write that.. but na its not cool !

I know  its just a way of relating an idea, but you would have to be a space cadet to appreciate that type of literature.  You do know that story is a recount of early psychedelic experiences.  This is well documented.
V

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2011, 11:57:59 AM »
He may be a buddhist, at least he looks like Buddha...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
Wait, have you come back down to my level or are you above me again?  Hmmmmmmmm.....maybe this is a buddhist test?  Will I need a scantron?
You know I live in Australia, we dont have scantron's here.  There are no tests in buddhism, only in life.
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »
I always liked how Buddha's and Yoda's names sounded alike and how they spoke somewhat alike.  Wait!!  Did Buddha have a lightsaber?  Are all buddhists issued lightsabers?!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2011, 12:00:44 PM »
You know I live in Australia, we dont have scantron's here.  There are no tests in buddhism, only in life.

I have a lot to learn!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2011, 12:01:48 PM »
Damn,I`m becoming enlightened!!  :)
V