Author Topic: Any of you Buddhist?  (Read 11616 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Any of you Buddhist?
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »
Why did they come to your home to "challenge" you?

Females who like to be fought over are young minded...and many times women will start or instigate fights that they know their man will fight over them for, manipulating them...

good post....in Buddhism you realize that women and others often only love you for what you have or for how you make them feel or for what you can do for them....and once they believe that you can't do things for them or you can't make them feel a certain way and you no longer possess those things that they like they will be GONE...this is the reality....and the poster makes a point...what part did you play in these men coming to your home to challenge you???

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »
You might find the dead guys surprisingly insightful.  If'n your busy schedule allows.
Yeah but why read them, when we have minds like Stephen Hawkings, Noam Chomsky, jacques fresco etc etc There are so many great modern minds who have read all that stuff, spun it and served it up in a more manageable modern approach, I have always struggled reading older texts, Many years ago I tried to read Walden, and the book contained so many words that were no longer in use in the modern world, my dictionary didnt even have them.  So i tend to steer clear of really old texts, like I appreciate the modern version of the tibetan book of dying, but would never have read the ancient texts.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 10:08:22 AM »
when I say living in fantasy I mean living in denial and not seeing the reality for what it really is....some find comfort in that denial......but when the reality truly hits, they are unprepared for it...knowing the reality and not living in denial helps you to shape your own world and not become a hostage to it
Yeah, but to get to a prepared state, you must start from an unprepared state, so it is ok for people to not live in reality or in denial, have you ever cracked somebodys denial with some hardcore truth, they will go bannanas on you, better to let people work it out themselves, no need for buddhism, time is eternal.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »
I appreciate you temporarily bringing the dialogue down to my level.
Your most welcome my humble student! ::) :o ;D
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
this thread is like warm truth served on a silver platter

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
Yeah, but to get to a prepared state, you must start from an unprepared state, so it is ok for people to not live in reality or in denial, have you ever cracked somebodys denial with some hardcore truth, they will go bannanas on you, better to let people work it out themselves, no need for buddhism, time is eternal.

time is eternal but you are not...LOL....you want to make the best of your time here on earth...and yes you are right..people start from a sense of denial and living in unreality....Buddhism takes time to incorporate into your daily life..it doesn't happen overnight..you begin slowly

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »
Your most welcome my humble student! ::) :o ;D

No, thank you....learning a ton....big fan!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
....and the poster makes a point...what part did you play in these men coming to your home to challenge you???
Oh no biggie, many years ago some neighbours where having some crazy wild party, smashing stuff, climbing on my garage roof, just acting like clowns, so I told them all to fuck off, well they didnt, so they challenged me, I dropped one, one ran of to get a weapon and I shot in, and took the other dude down and ended up breaking his arm in an armbar.  Stupid fucker should have listened to me, but I did get in trouble, but I still to this day brag to others that it only cost me $500 to break some fuckwits arm.  Thats priceless, I mean how many people would love to break some idiots arm and have it only cost them $500.  I still smile about it.
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2011, 10:16:41 AM »
Oh no biggie, many years ago some neighbours where having some crazy wild party, smashing stuff, climbing on my garage roof, just acting like clowns, so I told them all to fuck off, well they didnt, so they challenged me, I dropped one, one ran of to get a weapon and I shot in, and took the other dude down and anded up breaking his arm in an armbar.  Stupid fucker should have listened to me, but I did get in trouble, but I still to this day brag to others that it only cost me $500 to break some fuckwits arm.  Thats priceless, I mean how many people would love to break some idiots arm and have it only cost them $500.  I still smile about it.

well if it worked for you, then fine..but you could have handled it better and you could have been killed or imprisoned with a serious record..or you could have killed one of them...none of that helps you

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2011, 10:18:51 AM »
Yeah but why read them, when we have minds like Stephen Hawkings, Noam Chomsky, jacques fresco etc etc There are so many great modern minds who have read all that stuff, spun it and served it up in a more manageable modern approach, I have always struggled reading older texts, Many years ago I tried to read Walden, and the book contained so many words that were no longer in use in the modern world, my dictionary didnt even have them.  So i tend to steer clear of really old texts, like I appreciate the modern version of the tibetan book of dying, but would never have read the ancient texts.

Ok, I'll level with you.  I go online and try to convince people to waste their time on a lot of useless old nonsense that modern thinkers have already answered and moved way beyond.  Ya got me.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
well if it worked for you, then fine..but you could have handled it better and you could have been killed or imprisoned with a serious record..or you could have killed one of them...none of that helps you
Well, I believe a real man doesnt live in fear of punishment from another autohority other than himself.  Man answers to noone but himself.  Man is the only judge, jury and executioner of his own self.  I already have serious record, and I would easily kill a man in self defense and then sleep like a baby that night, you are talking to the wrong man.  Men have a switch, once it has been turned on, it cant be extinguished, you will know when you reach that point, a calm craziness like feeling, and from that day you will be ready for whatever happens.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2011, 10:22:15 AM »
Ok, I'll level with you.  I go online and try to convince people to waste their time on a lot of useless old nonsense that modern thinkers have already answered and moved way beyond.  Ya got me.
Look, I know their are great minds, and many of them from the past, I am only funnin with ya, but it really is a time based issue, and some of the old philosophical stuff can be real heavy, I like to keep my philosophy paradoxically complicatitely simple, and truth be told there is a lot of great modern literature.
V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »
this thread is like warm truth served on a silver platter

I learned today that Aquinas was a natural beast of a man.  Figured you'd dig that, ya big ox.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »
I learned today that Aquinas was a natural beast of a man.  Figured you'd dig that, ya big ox.

I'm really enjoying the thread!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
Who the fuck is Aquinas?
V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »
I'm really enjoying the thread!

Well, we bumble about, you know how it is.  ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »
No, but if I had to chose a form of religion this one would be it.
Read about it long time ago - it builds on the eternal life cycle or better escaping from it. A catch phrase is Karma which is also well understood in the west.
Hope there's someone on here who practiced itself and can enlighten us.

exactly, buddhism also appeals to me the most. the abrahamic religions are the cancer of the earth.
im also interested in learning more about it.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »
Well, we bumble about, you know how it is.  ;D
I feel as soon as you expressed some type of satisfaction towards this thread, it has now lost it intensity. Thanks arsehole, I was on such a typing streak, I was in the zone man, You know, it was like some flashback to a moment in childhood, where for some reason I felt invicible, all powerful. I was, I was happy... yes happy.  Thanks dudes, this thread has transcended itself and transmuted my psyche. I am happy, yes HAP HAP HAPPY
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »
exactly, buddhism also appeals to me the most. the abrahamic religions are the cancer of the earth.
im also interested in learning more about it.
I'm your buddhist master arsehole, read this thread and penetrate its truths and then you will know what is needed to be known my young padawan.
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2011, 10:49:27 AM »
I feel as soon as you expressed some type of satisfaction towards this thread, it has now lost it intensity. Thanks arsehole, I was on such a typing streak, I was in the zone man, You know, it was like some flashback to a moment in childhood, where for some reason I felt invicible, all powerful. I was, I was happy... yes happy.  Thanks dudes, this thread has transcended itself and transmuted my psyche. I am happy, yes HAP HAP HAPPY

Oh no, does this mean you're leaving our lower level mental capacity and ascending back to your higher state of understanding?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2011, 10:53:46 AM »
I feel as soon as you expressed some type of satisfaction towards this thread, it has now lost it intensity. Thanks arsehole, I was on such a typing streak, I was in the zone man, You know, it was like some flashback to a moment in childhood, where for some reason I felt invicible, all powerful. I was, I was happy... yes happy.  Thanks dudes, this thread has transcended itself and transmuted my psyche. I am happy, yes HAP HAP HAPPY

Needs moar detachment.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »
I was talking about the Are you buddhist thread, I didnt start that one, and yes I did start the woman hater thread. And yes, you dont know what you have missed.

your reading comprehension sucks. I told you "you started the woman hater thread", but you talk about peace, happyness and energies in here. That is irony if I ever knew what it was :D

Same goes to everyone here. 100% in this thread are sexist hatefull and total douchebags, including myself, yet they talk about how to better yourself with buddhism and preach about pseudo nonsense.

But this thread is a joke anyway.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2011, 10:58:52 AM »
Oh no, does this mean you're leaving our lower level mental capacity and ascending back to your higher state of understanding?
Yes, yes, I am drifting in and out of the deeper realms now, the cosmic counciousness calls me, beckons me like the succubus she is, she lures me with insights into the deepest corners of the universe, I must resist her lure, her charms and remain present for this thread and the good of fellow getbiggers and maybe even the future of humanity itself.  The laws of chaos dictate that the very structure of the universe could be determined by this thread.  Post well Men, and God Speed.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2011, 11:00:31 AM »
your reading comprehension sucks. I told you "you started the woman hater thread", but you talk about peace, happyness and energies in here. That is irony if I ever knew what it was :D

Same goes to everyone here. 100% in this thread are sexist hatefull and total douchebags, including myself, yet they talk about how to better yourself with buddhism and preach about pseudo nonsense.

All peacelovers loathe women, for they are the root of most wars, even the buddah was sexist, initially he didnt allow women, as he said they were to vain and incapable of spiritual enlightenment.
One of the key references that strongly discriminates against women is the legend of the origin of the nuns (bhikkhuni), in which the Buddha showed his strong disapproval of women's ordination as requested by Prajapati Gautami, his aunt and stepmother. Ananda, the Buddha's close attendant stepped in and negotiated on her behalf. As a result, the Buddha laid down a set of special rules, or the so-called Eight Heavy Duties (Garudhammas) that established the conditions for women's ordination, and nuns were required to strictly adhere to them for the rest of their lives.

The Eight Heavy Duties are:

1. A nun, even if she has been ordained for 100 years, must respect, greet and bow in reverence to the feet of a monk, even if he has just been ordained that day. (Monks pay respect to each other according to their seniority, or the number of years they have been ordained.)

2. A nun is not to stay in a residence where there is no monk. (A monk may take an independent residence.)

3. A nun is to look forward to two duties: asking for the fortnightly Uposatha (meeting day), and receiving instructions by a monk every fortnight. (Monks do not depend on nuns for this obligatory rite, nor are they required to receive any instruction.)

4. A nun who has completed her rains-retreat must offer herself for instruction to both the community of monks and to the community of nuns, based on what is seen, what is heard and what is doubted. (Monks only offer themselves to the community of monks.)

5. A nun who is put on probation for violating a monastic rule of Sanghadisesa must serve a 15-day minimum probation, with reinstatement requiring approval from both the monk and nun communities. (The minimum for monks is a five-day probation with no approval by the nuns required for reinstatement.)

6. A woman must be ordained by both monks and nuns and may be ordained only after a two-year postulancy, or training in six precepts. (Men have no mandatory postulancy and their ordination is performed by monks only.)

7. A nun may not reprimand a monk. (A monk may reprimand a monk, and any monk may reprimand a nun.)

8. From today onwards, no nun shall ever teach a monk. However, monks may teach nuns. (There are no restrictions on whom a monk may teach.)

V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »

Wow, didn't realize I was a sexist, hateful, dbag talking about how to better myself with buddhism while preaching about pseudo nonsense. 

Sounds like a great add to my resume!