Author Topic: I hate micky dolenz's face  (Read 9075 times)

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
I hate micky dolenz's face
« on: October 31, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »
the guy is annoying. plus he faked playing the drums. davey jones was the only bodybuilder in the group, and he reguarly beat the shit out of the other members, including headbutting peter tork in the face. mike nesmith's mother invented liquid paper. the monkees wanted to be taken seriously, but they sucked.

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: I hate micky dolenz's face
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »
Yeah, that cat does have a face for punching. I agree.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:22 PM »
the guy is annoying. plus he faked playing the drums. davey jones was the only bodybuilder in the group, and he reguarly beat the shit out of the other members, including headbutting peter tork in the face. mike nesmith's mother invented liquid paper. the monkees wanted to be taken seriously, but they sucked.

he did not fake playing the drums...he could actually play..and he played the drums in concerts..he did fake playing the drums in their music videos but ALL drummers do that in the videos......however you are right about his face but he is an old man.....he was better looking in his younger days..I am a big Monkees fan..I know everything about them

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:06:37 PM »
monkees drummers=hal blaine and jim gordon. i hated dolenz's face when he was young. that guy was right, a face made for punching.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »

Excellent post.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
I am a big Monkees fan..I know everything about them

Did you know that Davey, the bodybuilder, headbutted Peter Tork?

I didn't think so.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:13:03 PM »
monkees drummers=hal blaine and jim gordon. i hated dolenz's face when he was young. that guy was right, a face made for punching.
\

Hal and Jim played the drums on their early records because at that time the guys weren't allowed to play on the records and also because they were so busy filming the TV show and making appearances...but after the second album micky played the drums on the third album...and played in their concerts

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »
Did you know that Davey, the bodybuilder, headbutted Peter Tork?

I didn't think so.

I did know that actually...Davy wrote about it in his book...Peter punched him back though

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
What about the liquid paper? You got that, too?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 08:18:16 PM »
Did you know that I taught Davey how to perform a proper headbutt?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »
What about the liquid paper? You got that, too?
Yes..Michael Nesmith's mother was a secretary in an office and as you know at the time there was no way to erase typewritten words....if you made a mistake you had to start over.....Mike's mother got tired of constantly starting over and invented liquid paper in which you could just brush over the misspelled word with a white substance....she was cooking it up in her kitchen and soon sold the patent for $10 million

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 08:36:40 PM »
???
Why are we randomly hating on Micky Dolenz on getbig?

:D

I must have watched every episode of this show back when MTV aired the reruns one summer back in the 80's.  :P
!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 08:38:38 PM »
???
Why are we randomly hating on Micky Dolenz on getbig?

:D

I must have watched every episode of this show back when MTV aired the reruns one summer back in the 80's.  :P

you realize that those weren't the real Monkees right?....that was from the tv movie about them

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
\

Hal and Jim played the drums on their early records because at that time the guys weren't allowed to play on the records and also because they were so busy filming the TV show and making appearances...but after the second album micky played the drums on the third album...and played in their concerts
Just like they had to play drums on the beach boys records because dennis wilson couldn't really play the drums ans he was too busy hanging out with charlie manson.

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
And Carol Kaye played Brian Wilsons bass parts.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »
you realize that those weren't the real Monkees right?....that was from the tv movie about them
That wasn't a tv movie, but a weekly television series.

I seem to vaguely recall knowing about what you've stated. However, whether or not it was "the real Monkees" made no difference to me. It was a silly, funny show that I enjoyed watching a long, long time ago.
!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
Dolenz's is an asshole. Used to see him at the House of Blues on Sunset, sort of often. Always foul & messy drunk, mumbling to himself and getting thrown out.
a

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 09:06:10 PM »
That wasn't a tv movie, but a weekly television series.

I seem to vaguely recall knowing about what you've stated. However, whether or not it was "the real Monkees" made no difference to me. It was a silly, funny show that I enjoyed watching a long, long time ago.

No I meant the you-tube video you posted wasn't the real Monkees...that clip is from a TV movie made about the real Monkees

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 09:11:25 PM »
what about in the second season when they tried to make dolenz seem like jimi hendrix by giving him a perm and having him wear a poncho. what an annoying asshole.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
what about in the second season when they tried to make dolenz seem like jimi hendrix by giving him a perm and having him wear a poncho. what an annoying asshole.
Actually the perm was his real hair...in the first season they straightened it out so his hair could resemble the others......they were going for a sort of Beatles look....as for the poncho, in the second season the guys decided to become more psychedelic and wear clothes that reflected the times...thus they began to look more like hippies

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 09:20:44 PM »
they should have done something about his annoying face. nesmith was a tool as well. they tried to portray him as a "serious artist", but from what's on the internet, its been said nesmith is a boy-lover, taking sex trips in thailand.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
they should have done something about his annoying face. nesmith was a tool as well. they tried to portray him as a "serious artist", but from what's on the internet, its been said nesmith is a boy-lover, taking sex trips in thailand.

really?...LOL..didn't know that!...FUNNY!!!!!

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 03:41:38 AM »
You can see him at :54 watching Ravi Shankar at Monterey pop 67'

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 04:57:20 AM »
This thread should have been posted 45 years ago.....

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 05:06:05 AM »

I can't wait to see your thread about The Partidge Family. 
~