Author Topic: So with Cain's campaign most likely done, is it now Romney vs Paul?  (Read 4472 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: So with Cain's campaign most likely done, is it now Romney vs Paul?
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2011, 04:39:42 PM »
See, this is where you and I agree and are on common ground.  The key difference between me and RP on the issue is that I wouldn't just close the bases for a number on paper.  I would be more concerened about having bases in nations that are helping fund them or at the very least providing some type of compensation thru trade agreements, etc.. .  Or the ones that are vital to being launching pads for operations.   And again, I will reiterate, by FAR the largest cuts to the defense should be the insane govt contractor deals.  Thats where the real money is in defense spending.   

As much as I dig Paul he does also have a tendency to go too far and discusses how things would be in a perfect world in a distant future. When pressed though he does clarify that there would be graduale and thought out steps to achieving the final result, (hopefully). I don't think he would just start closing bases willy nilly. There is room for a lot of cost saving but I think he would take what you mentioned into consideration.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »
Then by your logic Obama shouldn't have run back in 2008.

Maybe.

"Ignorance being justified by ego" is just as insidious within the Democratic party.

I'm sure it is.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
We're gonna get stuck with Romney, a guy that no one really likes.  Ron Paul is too old, and the global elites would never allow him to become president.  Globalization is where we're at, and its all about dropping American standards of living down to the shitty ways of life the rest of the world has to endure.....or inner city Detroit.

Have fun having to move your immediate and extended family in with you just so you can eat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »
We're gonna get stuck with Romney, a guy that no one really likes.  Ron Paul is too old, and the global elites would never allow him to become president.  Globalization is where we're at, and its all about dropping American standards of living down to the shitty ways of life the rest of the world has to endure.....or inner city Detroit.

Have fun having to move your immediate and extended family in with you just so you can eat.

I think Newt has a chance to move up.   I could live w Newt. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »

hugo, oz... speak on this, please.   

240 has been praising ron paul and hating on sean hannity sinking his 2008 chances, for the last 5 years.

True or false?

I would not say that you have been praising Paul but you have always spoken positive of him and never negative of him. 

There are a few here that have constantly praised what Paul has to say which I don't think you're in the group of. BUT  You've never opposed what he says like TA and a others have.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 04:30:24 AM »
If RP would just chill out with the anti-Israel talk and be a little more anti-Iran he could easily win the nomination.  He is making it harder for himself by not compromising on his foreign policy principles (which are right) but he needs the neo con vote and he's not going to get it by not talking tougher on Iran and not supporting Israel. 
Live free or die

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 07:56:59 AM »
If RP would just chill out with the anti-Israel talk and be a little more anti-Iran he could easily win the nomination.  He is making it harder for himself by not compromising on his foreign policy principles (which are right) but he needs the neo con vote and he's not going to get it by not talking tougher on Iran and not supporting Israel. 

Maybe he doesn't value getting elected over what he believes is right...?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »
I would not say that you have been praising Paul but you have always spoken positive of him and never negative of him. 

There are a few here that have constantly praised what Paul has to say which I don't think you're in the group of. BUT  You've never opposed what he says like TA and a others have.

i bounce back and forth between accepting the inevitability of bad guys running the world... and having hope he really can fix things!

but i've been saying RPaul could beat obama since 2007.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
i bounce back and forth between accepting the inevitability of bad guys running the world... and having hope he really can fix things!

but i've been saying RPaul could beat obama since 2007.

He can't even beat Herman Cain (alleged sexual harrassment and all).

Granted, he bested Cain in some straw polls earlier; but now he can't touch "the Godfather".

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »

We can dream can't we?  8)

If Ron Paul wasn't such a straight shooter, he could create a few more scandals for these other dirtbags...  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
He can't even beat Herman Cain (alleged sexual harrassment and all).

Granted, he bested Cain in some straw polls earlier; but now he can't touch "the Godfather".

TODAY he is trailing Cain.

Give it 2 weeks.  Your godfather is slipping suddenly and he's gonna lose momentum twice as fast as he gained it, once rats start jumping ship.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »
TODAY he is trailing Cain.

Give it 2 weeks.  Your godfather is slipping suddenly and he's gonna lose momentum twice as fast as he gained it, once rats start jumping ship.

He's not my Godfather. You obviously missed the joke.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
I hope Cain stays in all the way to the bitter end

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »
Maybe he doesn't value getting elected over what he believes is right...?

That is his biggest problem.  Common Americans can't understand some one that is truly honest.
Live free or die