Author Topic: What do you think of this mother?  (Read 7387 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
What do you think of this mother?
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:05:39 AM »
DEAR ABBY: I'm a 15-year-old girl who has never been in trouble, but my mom treats me like I'm a criminal. She makes me go to church every Sunday. She makes me go to Catholic school, and I have to wear an ugly uniform. She won't help with my homework. She says, "I already did 10th grade." I can't wear halter tops, short shorts, a bikini or much makeup. If I tell her it's the style, she says, "Modesty is always in style."

When I go out with my friends, she wants to know where I'm going, who I'll be with, what we'll be doing, when we'll be back and their phone numbers. If I have a date with a new boy, she makes him come into the house and tell her what school he goes to. Then she makes him show her his driver's license and car registration.

I can't keep my computer in my room. When I'm using it in the den, she looks over my shoulder and won't let me go to chat rooms. I have to set the table even if we don't have company and sit down and have dinner with her every night.

If I can't afford something, she tells me to save up or budget better. She won't let me drive until I can pay for my own insurance. It's not like my mom's poor. We go to Hawaii and Lake Tahoe, and we've been to Europe and on cruises. But she won't even pay for cable TV. She says it's an idiot box and I should read a book instead.

She also makes me do my own laundry and keep my room and bathroom clean. She makes me do unfair chores like clean the guest bathroom even though I never ever use it. She wants to teach me to sew and cook, but I have no interest in those things.

She makes me visit Dad every week, and if I complain about anything, she says (very calmly and quietly, which I hate more than if she'd yell), "You can always choose to live with your dad."
She told me as long as I live under her roof, I have to abide by her rules even if I'm over 18. And I have to go to college, and if I don't, I'll have to get a job and support myself.

I could go on and on. Have you ever heard of a mother so unreasonable? I'm afraid to run away, but I don't know how much more of this I can take. -- EMOTIONALLY ABUSED IN CALIFORNIA

R

w8m8

Re: What do you think of this mother?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »
she's a good mother

that's a spoilt rotten child

but then .. our nation is becoming so "entitled" that it's no surprise a little common sense used in raising children is perceived by them as "unfair" and "harsh"

when children see adults placing such value on possessions and not so much value on teaching morals and good standards it's a given they will choose the "shopping" over reading or volunteering to help someone who needs it

newmom

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »
That mother is a GREAT. That girl will be thanking her later, HOPEFULLY. She's trying to teach her self respect.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
she's a good mother

but then .. our nation is becoming so "entitled" that it's no surprise a little common sense used in raising children is perceived by them as "unfair" and "harsh"

when children see adults placing such value on possessions and not so much value on teaching morals and good standards it's a given they will choose the "shopping" over reading or volunteering to help someone who needs it

yeah what hot stuff said.  Children suck now.  Althought the mom is evil for making the kid go to church every sunday

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
DEAR ABBY: I'm a 15-year-old girl who has never been in trouble, but my mom treats me like I'm a criminal. She makes me go to church every Sunday. She makes me go to Catholic school, and I have to wear an ugly uniform. She won't help with my homework. She says, "I already did 10th grade." I can't wear halter tops, short shorts, a bikini or much makeup. If I tell her it's the style, she says, "Modesty is always in style."

When I go out with my friends, she wants to know where I'm going, who I'll be with, what we'll be doing, when we'll be back and their phone numbers. If I have a date with a new boy, she makes him come into the house and tell her what school he goes to. Then she makes him show her his driver's license and car registration.

I can't keep my computer in my room. When I'm using it in the den, she looks over my shoulder and won't let me go to chat rooms. I have to set the table even if we don't have company and sit down and have dinner with her every night.

If I can't afford something, she tells me to save up or budget better. She won't let me drive until I can pay for my own insurance. It's not like my mom's poor. We go to Hawaii and Lake Tahoe, and we've been to Europe and on cruises. But she won't even pay for cable TV. She says it's an idiot box and I should read a book instead.

She also makes me do my own laundry and keep my room and bathroom clean. She makes me do unfair chores like clean the guest bathroom even though I never ever use it. She wants to teach me to sew and cook, but I have no interest in those things.

She makes me visit Dad every week, and if I complain about anything, she says (very calmly and quietly, which I hate more than if she'd yell), "You can always choose to live with your dad."
She told me as long as I live under her roof, I have to abide by her rules even if I'm over 18. And I have to go to college, and if I don't, I'll have to get a job and support myself.

I could go on and on. Have you ever heard of a mother so unreasonable? I'm afraid to run away, but I don't know how much more of this I can take. -- EMOTIONALLY ABUSED IN CALIFORNIA

Sure sounds like a typical fifteen year old girl.

Our daughter is thirty-five now. She's great woman, loving wife and caring mother to her fourteen year old son. Who, by the way, is giving her as hard a time as she gave us when she was his age....we love it!

Sometimes teenagers are a total pain in the ass, but with a little luck and a lot of patience, they grow out of it. Ah the drama!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 07:02:48 AM »
Sure sounds like a typical fifteen year old girl.

Our daughter is thirty-five now. She's great woman, loving wife and caring mother to her fourteen year old son. Who, by the way, is giving her as hard a time as she gave us when she was his age....we love it!

Sometimes teenagers are a total pain in the ass, but with a little luck and a lot of patience, they grow out of it. Ah the drama!

damn you are an old fart!   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »
Props to the mother. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »
damn you are an old fart!   ;D

Yes I am. You will be someday too, if you are lucky enough to live this long.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »
Yes I am. You will be someday too, if you are lucky enough to live this long.

:-\

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
Children suck now. 

my sentiments exactly.  Don't get me going on 'mothers' nowadays.

I have a good friend who has 2 kids by 2 different men, and men coming in and out.  I love her but, her kids are f**ked.  It is an awful screwed up world nowadays.

I'm still glad I didn't have kids, I'm a spinster, and glad to be. 

I've met maybe 1 half-decent kid these last 20 years, and that one was only half-decent.  The rest are feral.  They did a survey recently in London and the general concensus is that most adults are scared by children's behaviour nowadays.

In my day...  blah blah blah

you do know, though don't you, that the Dear Abby letters are made up?  The editor decides{  okay oh this week we'll talk about this new emotive issue?  None of them are for real...  yep i worked for a glossy mag and we made it all up, fitted it all in, cut bits out, photoshop that, just looking for good readership and attempting to hit a nerve, or a 50% of the population curve, honest.

When we (you and I) were younger, we'd have a tiff or two about boyfriends etc.  But as we got older, we found that we fell out badly about how you bring up your children.  I've fallen out with a few life-long friends over the way they spoil and want to be the best friend of their children.

ouch
xL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 01:15:17 PM »
she's old fashioned, but the kid seems to have a sense of entitlement beyond her accomplishments.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »

my sentiments exactly.  Don't get me going on 'mothers' nowadays.

I have a good friend who has 2 kids by 2 different men, and men coming in and out.  I love her but, her kids are f**ked.  It is an awful screwed up world nowadays.

I'm still glad I didn't have kids, I'm a spinster, and glad to be.  

I've met maybe 1 half-decent kid these last 20 years, and that one was only half-decent.  The rest are feral.  They did a survey recently in London and the general concensus is that most adults are scared by children's behaviour nowadays.

In my day...  blah blah blah

you do know, though don't you, that the Dear Abby letters are made up?  The editor decides{  okay oh this week we'll talk about this new emotive issue?  None of them are for real...  yep i worked for a glossy mag and we made it all up, fitted it all in, cut bits out, photoshop that, just looking for good readership and attempting to hit a nerve, or a 50% of the population curve, honest.

When we (you and I) were younger, we'd have a tiff or two about boyfriends etc.  But as we got older, we found that we fell out badly about how you bring up your children.  I've fallen out with a few life-long friends over the way they spoil and want to be the best friend of their children.

ouch
xL

There is nothing new with families being messed up. What is different today from times past, is our awareness of this. In previous times, most people kept their problems to themselves. These days saying you're family is dysfunctional is commonplace.

When I was a kid, I was really spoiled. This was partly due to my being an only child. I goofed off in school, never even trying to reach my potential. My teachers would tell my mom that my IQ indicated that I should excel in school, but my ambition to do so was all but non-existent. Basically, I was just plain lazy! Despite my mom saying she was mad at me because of this, I don't remember ever being punished for poor grades.

My grandson is exceptionally bright. His first quarter as a high school freshman is almost done. His grades suck. Apparently, he hasn't turned in most of his assignments. When he found out about this situation, his dad (who is currently deployed to Afghanistan) grounded him for three months. If he doesn't bring his grades up and get current on his school work, both his mom and his dad won't let him be on the school basketball team. My grandson reminds me of me.

So when people say things suggesting kids are somehow worse today than in the past, I don't buy it.

w8m8

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 03:55:26 AM »
This is the Girl's board

no F words or vulgarity is permitted here

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »

At first I thought this had to be a fake letter, but based on the responses here, apparently not  :-\

There isn't one unreasonable thing required of this teen and hopefully she'll realize it in a few years.
:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »
This is the Girl's board

no F words or vulgarity is permitted here

So noted and corrected. Thanks.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 06:58:46 AM »
Abby's response:

DEAR EMOTIONALLY ABUSED: Wow! Your letter should be posted on every refrigerator in the country. Rarely do I hear about a parent who tries as hard as your mother does to do a diligent job. One day you will look back and thank her.

PS. And if by chance this letter was written by your mother -- congratulations for a job well-done. I would like to nominate you for Mother of the Year.

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 06:03:26 PM »
'I really regret it. I really regret having children'

A few months ago, Corinne Maier had one of those days. It was a pedestrian moment of domestic torture, a slice of unvarnished tedium and banality, the sort that all parents experience on a daily basis. The difference being that when Corinne Maier has a bad day, it has a way of transforming a nation.

"We went to a family dinner in the suburbs of Paris. It took us a lot of time to go there with the children, and we went because the children wanted to go. We didn't want to go, my partner and I, and it was a bit boring, but we took them anyway," she says with a Gallic nonchalance, strolling across an empty floor in the enormous, art-filled house in one of the better corners of Brussels where she lives in a kind of exile from France with her partner, Yves, 45, their daughter Laure, 13, and son, Cecil, 10.

"And on the way back, the two of us thought that it would be nice to see an exhibition on Belgian surrealists. Once inside the museum, the children began to be awful." Laure said that the exhibition was "bullshit." Cecil began to scream, so Yves took him outside. "And I started yelling at him for this: 'Why aren't you more strong with him?' And we began to argue. We didn't see anything. And at that point, I thought, 'I really regret it, I regret having children.' "

She regrets having children. And, more so, she has decided that other women ought not to have them, if they know what is good for themselves and for the world. After 13 years of maternal humiliations, she wrote a quick, funny, angry book.

Everywhere you look in France these days, you seem to see its cover: The words NO KID in English, followed by "40 Reasons for Not Having Children" in French. It is a huge bestseller. Her 40 reasons are often funny and personal ("Don't become a travelling feeding bottle," "don't adopt the idiot-language of children") sometimes bitter ("you will inevitably be disappointed with your child") and often designed to puncture the idealized notion of motherhood that poisons Western societies.

It is a combination of tart sisterly advice ("What hope is there of having a fulfilling sex life when a woman is forced to turn into a fat, deformed animal decked out in sack-like dresses?") with shock-tactic social analysis ("More murders and child abuse happen within families than outside them. Every family is a nest of vipers - all the reason not to add to your own").

Such notions, in France today, are almost unthinkable. It is a country overtaken with what Ms. Maier calls "baby mania."

There's a loud and expensive national crusade to have as many children as possible and valorize motherhood. It is a nation where the winner of the President's motherhood medal (what other country has those?) makes the cover of Paris-Match, a place where people follow the fertility rate the way Americans follow the Dow Jones Industrial Average and where a national celebration with distinctly racist overtones erupted last year when that fertility rate reached the stable-population point of 2.1 children per mother, making France the continental European leader in fecundity. Upon the loins of the Frenchwoman, the weight of a nation.

To counter this, Ms. Maier has used her little book to place a new word in the French vocabulary, a word that has entered the popular lingo in much the same way that "soccer mom" entered North American English in 1993 - and for the same reason, because it defines a new category of person who is instantly identifiable.

The word is merdeuf. French speakers recognize it instantly as a contraction of mère de famille, the traditional phrase for a full-time mother, a housewife, a woman who makes mothering her career. But the contraction turns it into something that sounds like a combination of merde and oeuf, carrying the implication that these patriotic mega-moms are "egg-shitters."

She explains: "It means, 'a woman who has children, so she no longer cares about anything else.' "

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
Liz Jones Daily Mail: I Stole My Boyfriend's Sperm To Get Pregnant

Liz Jones, the Daily Mail columnist, has sparked outrage, amusement and bemusement after claiming she once stole her boyfriend’s sperm so she could get pregnant.

In Thursday’s stomach-churning confession, tagged online as: "Liz Jones makes her most shocking confession yet," she talks about her longing desire to have a child.

Jones reveals that during a particularly broody time of her life (in her late 30s if you must know) she hatched a cunning plan.

She tells the Daily Mail’s millions of readers that despite her boyfriend, Trevor, being "wildly unsuitable" because he didn’t want children she: "Resolved to steal his sperm from him in the middle of the night.

"I thought it was my right, given that he was living with me and I had bought him many, many M&S ready meals.

"The ‘theft’ itself was alarmingly easy to carry out. One night, after sex, I took the used condom and, in the privacy of the bathroom, I did what I had to do."

It doesn’t end there.

"As it turned out, my attempts to get pregnant by Trevor failed, and shortly afterwards he and I split up.

"But my dreams of motherhood persisted, and I resorted to similarly secretive methods to conceive in my next relationship."

Now Twitter has been deluged with reaction to the article and "Liz Jones" has become Thursday's second-top trending term in the UK.

MP Louise Mensch tweeted: "Enough Liz Jones tweets please. I just had breakfast."

Lauren Laverne BBC DJ added: "In all seriousness, am worried for Liz Jones."

What is the most extreme thing you’ve done to get pregnant? Tell us by commenting below.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
My wife and I made love in the living room on the floor one afternoon. Our son, who was eight years old at the time, walked in on us when he came home from school. Our daughter is the result of that experience.

My wife somehow knew she was pregnant with each of our children the very next day. Sounds crazy, I know. But both times she was right. I suspect she has ESP. The first time we met, she turned to her co-worker and said, I'm going to marry that guy.

Her co-worker said, "But he's such a jerk!" LOL!

w8m8

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 04:18:41 AM »
!

off topic and TMI

I don't think you have been approved here yet  ???

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:24 AM »
she's a good mother

But who spoilt her?  ???

w8m8

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 07:28:47 AM »
But who spoilt her?  ???

The media and her peers have given her the issues she has .. not spoilt as in "indulged" .. spoilt as in rotten

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 09:37:48 AM »
Erm.  I once did this sperm in a condom thing.  It's funny how they just whip em off and leave them piled up next to the bed...

I was maybe 42 and the guy was (he said), 27, a Colombian Salsa Dancer Teacher, hot as hell, 6'3'' and totally gorgeous.  But I've never wanted a child.  If I had, he'd have been perfecto DNA.

I tied a knot in a condom or two and put them in the freezer.  I can't remember whether I had the spermicide johnnies (yes his name was Juan) or the anti-latex anti-allergy condoms or what.  (Apparantly sperm dies after contact with air and with latex?

Boris Becker Tennis Man was forced to admit paternity when a groupie  in a cupboard in a nightclub.  How did she manage that?  Did she gob into the turkey baster as soon as he turned away?  Same with Justin Beiber (allegedly).

What I did was not wrong.  I just kept the frozen sperm in the freezer till he showed up again.  They always come back.  I just said to him, Look, you cannot be leaving these condoms all over the gaff.  Please in future flush it down the toilet.  If you put it under the tap for a sec and add an inch of water to your produce it'll definitely flush, if you don't it might float around for a bit.  Just deal with it.  Be careful in future, you're lucky.  You might have had a sad weird desperate for a baby approaching past-it woman here, but you haven't, so take care.  He blushed and we had sex like silly for a few more weeks and danced naked again and again. True story.

But there are some sad 39+ wanna-be-mums out there.  I'm so thankful I'm too selfish to attempt parenting.

xL

Liz Jones' story (see above) is almost certainly a lie.  She's doing journalistic bulls**t to gain readership. 

If it's not all made up, the blokes involved who left used condoms on the bedside table should sue her for stealing their sperm.  She should be charged with theft.  Her situation is completely different from mine though, I've always had to shoo them away.  Yeah yeah darlin', we'd make beautiful babies, but put the frigging condom on please ! 

I've been so lucky, I've taught men, not used them.  I've persuaded them to consider parenting as more than just an option.

I feel sorry for her, she probably had to pay those men to come to her bed "I'd bought him enough ready meals, so I thought he owed me". Awful woman, despicable behaviour.

w8m8

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »

You wot?  Take a break.  You surely spend too much time wanking off here.

There are 3 or 4, maybe 7 on a good day, male posters (like: you're scaring them off?) and 2,777 approved male posters on our Girly Board and you're keeping tabs?  Get a life.

xL

And it was I that was off topic, way off on a tangent?

antagonistic posting again .. the rules for this board are clear

I follow them

you obviously cannot

you always have to be vulgar and off topic rambling on and on and on and on

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
off topic and TMI

I don't think you have been approved here yet  ???

You might be right. I did ask for approval. I play well with girls. -Always have. Would you put in a good word for me?

As far as being off topic, I was responding to xxxLinda's post about trying to get pregnant. I though my reply was appropriate.... Why was this TMI? Is making love on the living room floor in the afternoon a no, no?