Author Topic: Obama opposes FDR D-Day Prayer at WW2 Memorial. F U Obama voters!  (Read 655 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama Administration Opposes FDR Prayer at WWII Memorial
By Todd Starnes
Published November 04, 2011 | FoxNews.com

ADVERTISEMENT
Republican lawmakers and conservative activists are expressing outrage after the Obama administration announced its objection to adding President Franklin Roosevelt's D-Day prayer to the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. 

The objection was noted during a congressional hearing on Rep. Bill Johnson's, R-Ohio, bill -- the "World War II Memorial Prayer Act of 2011." 

"It is unconscionable that the Obama administration would stand in the way of honoring our nation's distinguished World War II veterans," Johnson said. "President Roosevelt's prayer gave solace, comfort and strength to our nation and our brave warriors as we fought against tyranny and oppression." 

Roosevelt asked the nation to join him in prayer as U.S. and allied troops launched the invasion that led to the defeat of Nazi Germany. He asked God to give the allied troops courage and faith, saying, "With thy blessing we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy." 

But Robert Abbey, the director of the Bureau of Land Management, said any plaque or inscription of the prayer would "dilute" the memorial's central message and therefore "should not be altered." 

"It is not a judgment as to the merit of this new commemoration, simply that altering the Memorial in this way, as proposed in HR 2070, will necessarily dilute this elegant memorial's central message and its ability to clearly convey that message to move, educate, and inspire its many visitors," Abbey said in written testimony. 

Abbey explained to lawmakers that altering the memorial would be contrary to the Commemorative Works Act -- a law that prohibits "encroachment by a new commemoration on a existing one." It also respects the design of the "completed work of civic art without alteration or addition of new elements." 

Johnson told Fox News that the administration's objection should "give all Americans a great deal of concern." 

"For there to be objections to demonstrating a faith in God at critical points in our nation's history -- particularly D-Day -- boggles my mind," Johnson said. "I was very surprised they were going to object." 

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council said it's not all that surprising. 

"This is further evidence that the administration has created an environment that is hostile towards American history -- but in particular towards Christianity," Perkins told Fox News. "I hope America wakes up and realizes what this administration is doing to this country and how they want to radically and fundamentally change America." 

"They want to erase every aspect of America's heritage," Perkins said of Obama's administration. "Any president, any official in history that has embraced Christianity, is no longer welcome in this administration. That's the environment they are creating." 

Johnson's bill, which had bipartisan support, is expected to pass a committee vote and he anticipates the full House will support the legislation.

The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

Print      Close
URL
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/04/obama-administration-opposes-fdr-prayer-at-wwii-memorial/

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Obama opposes FDR D-Day Prayer at WW2 Memorial. F U Obama voters!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »
Ever heard of the Commemorative Works Act???  It prohibits new commemoration on an existing one.  Its no different than those idiots printing those edited versions of Huckleberry Finn. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:19:12 AM »
Ever heard of the Commemorative Works Act???  It prohibits new commemoration on an existing one.  Its no different than those idiots printing those edited versions of Huckleberry Finn. 

Gmafb. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 08:16:08 AM »

Amendmants and exceptions are adopted as law to other laws all the time moron. 

Vince - if obama told you he had to shit in your mouth in order to win in 2012, I have little or no doubt that you and the other 95 percent of idiot blacks would happily oblige. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »
FU 333

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 09:55:53 AM »
FU 333

Feeling is mutual straw.  Can't wait to see this passed in the congress and see how zero either signs it or vetos it.

I'm sure if that commie cvnt pelousi wanted an inscription of admiral hirihito slamming america obama would have definately agreed w it.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
Feeling is mutual straw.  Can't wait to see this passed in the congress and see how zero either signs it or vetos it.
I'm sure if that commie girls pelousi wanted an inscription of admiral hirihito slamming america obama would have definately agreed w it.   

just more nonsense from the Tea Bag dominated "DO NOTHING" Congress

the memorial has been open since 2004 and if Repubs wanted the prayer added they should have done it at that time

This is just an example of the nonsense that the Tea Baggers are spending their time on instead of working on any number of important issues (jobs, infrastructure, deficit, etc.)

last week they spend an entire day to "re-affirm" our national motto ....... for no fucking reason what so ever.

So again, FU and all the other Tea Baggers who are too busy with this nonsense to do something that will actually help the country

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »

the memorial has been open since 2004 and if Repubs wanted the prayer added they should have done it at that time

This is just an example of the nonsense that the Tea Baggers are spending their time on instead of working on any number of important issues (jobs, infrastructure, deficit, etc.)

last week they spend an entire day to "re-affirm" our national motto ....... for no fucking reason what so ever.

So again, FU and all the other Tea Baggers who are too busy with this nonsense to do something that will actually help the country

This is a valid point.

Him blocking this is much ado about nothing.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »

I didn't read your post but I did see "DO NOTHING" in caps. Are you referring to the "do nothing" senate, where 15 GOP job bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk collecting dusk? You know, the same senate that has democrats defecting left and right from Obama's Stimulus 2.0. The same senate that hasn't passed a budget in 900+ days.

Now that I think about it, you are indeed correct. The "DO NOTHING" senate really does do nothing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
I didn't read your post but I did see "DO NOTHING" in caps. Are you referring to the "do nothing" senate, where 15 GOP job bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk collecting dusk? You know, the same senate that has democrats defecting left and right from Obama's Stimulus 2.0. The same senate that hasn't passed a budget in 900+ days.

Now that I think about it, you are indeed correct. The "DO NOTHING" senate really does do nothing.
Do you have a list of these 15 "jobs" bills

I'm curious if there is an infrastructure bill or something similar
I'm wondering how many of those 15 bills are nothing except  tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations or gutting environmental regulations

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »
Feel free to Google it, sweetheart. The GOP was even nice enough to put them on a card so that those who are slow on the uptick like yourself can sound their way through it.

Over 900 days without even passing a budget. The "DO NOTHING" senate indeed. Great points you're making here!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
Feel free to Google it, sweetheart. The GOP has even put them on a card so that those who are slow on the uptick like yourself can sound their way through it.

Over 900 days without even passing a budget. The "DO NOTHING" senate indeed. Great points you're making here!

First, what is with you calling people sweetheart?
I've never seen any guy do that before
Is this your way of coming out of the closet?
Second, its your claim and given your track record I'm going to assume its bullshit unless you can prove otherwise.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »
The objection was noted during a congressional hearing on Rep. Bill Johnson's, R-Ohio, bill -- the "World War II Memorial Prayer Act of 2011."

Okay, I love my country, but I have to put priority to creating jobs and growing industry - over another bill about wording of God or religion".

I spose the "In god we trust" bill last week wasn't enough waste for the repubs.  Another one.  Wow, just in time for their GOP seat primaries.  Coincidence!

They promised jobs.  They should be introducing a jobs bill every monday morning.  Let obama kill it every week - so he'll have a long record they can hold against him.

Jeez... this pisses me off worse than african ball-washing programs.  At least that delivers SOME money to us industry when we send over the ball-washing cream from US factories and ball-washing trainers from american universities.  This is just more bills tugging on religious heartstrings for political purposes.  Go fcck your mother.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 11:45:25 AM »
First, what is with you calling people sweetheart?
I've never seen any guy do that before
Is this your way of coming out of the closet?
Second, its your claim and given your track record I'm going to assume its bullshit unless you can prove otherwise.  

I'm treating you like the whiny, scorned, incompetent bitch that your posts represent.

Anyway, what's with the homophobia? Aren't you Bay Area twats all about taking one for the team? Isn't that why you volunteered to scrub African genitalia?  ???

Again, no one cares about proving anything to you. You are a proven liar, a hypocrite and aren't the least bit important. You're a nobody on a small forum on the internet. Hope this helps.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »
I'm treating you like the whiny, scorned, incompetent bitch that your posts represent.

Anyway, what's with the homophobia? Aren't you Bay Area twats all about taking one for the team? Isn't that why you volunteered to scrub African genitalia?  ???

Again, no one cares about proving anything to you. You are a proven liar, a hypocrite and aren't the least bit important. You're a nobody on a small forum on the internet. Hope this helps.

why would you take my question as to whether you are coming out of the closet as homophobia

your response is telling as is your fascination with african mens genitals (which is obviously on your mind since you brought it up)

I know you're a young kid and clearly very insecure but I still treat you the same as everyone else

I start out each day assuming you (or anyone) wants to have a dialogue and not insult contest

you made a claim and I merely asked you for more data and you respond with the bullshit "go find it yourself" comment which I assume means you're just talking out of your ass.   Your responses after that just prove my point

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »
The house of reps passed two budget plans already, repeal of obamacare, and there are 12 other bills reid won't allow for a vote. 

This bill was probably introduced at the behest of a vfw group and would normally not be an issue but for the treasonous communist ghetto thug savage obama in office.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
This bill was probably introduced at the behest of a vfw group and would normally not be an issue but for the treasonous communist ghetto thug savage obama in office.

Did the VFW group actually use the words "ghetto thug savage" when referring to the American President?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
Over drinks - most likely.