Author Topic: 10 Reasons Not To Vote For Ron Paul  (Read 1862 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Vote For Ron Paul
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
No idea whether any of it is true, but the point was how liberals view Ron Paul. 

When faced with something that one is unsure of being truthful, any rational and logical individual would affirm the honesty of  an article before posting it.

Thank you for proving once again that you are neither logical or rational.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 08:21:15 PM »
what i see this week is repubs saying "Here is what the libs are saying about ron paul..."

and posting it 10,000 times - then defending it.

Then, at the end of the day, they say "I still can't believe the dems are spreading this garbage..."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
When faced with something that one is unsure of being truthful, any rational and logical individual would affirm the honesty of  an article before posting it.

Thank you for proving once again that you are neither logical or rational.

lol.  What??  That's absurd.  lol.  Right over your head.  This was something sent to me by a liberal friend.  (Both articles.)  I posted them as evidence of how my liberal friends view Ron Paul.  It doesn't make a hill of beans difference whether the articles are true or false.  The issue is how this liberal and many others view Ron Paul. 

But thanks for playing.   :)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
lol.  What??  That's absurd.  lol.  Right over your head.  This was something sent to me by a liberal friend.  (Both articles.)  I posted them as evidence of how my liberal friends view Ron Paul.  It doesn't make a hill of beans difference whether the articles are true or false.  The issue is how this liberal and many others view Ron Paul. 

But thanks for playing.   :)

Except you didn't note that in your original post, you just said "Got this from one of my ultra liberal friends" and then pasted the article.  It wasn't until later in the thread, which I now had to go and read because you claimed later that this is just how liberals view him after being called out on the legitimacy of the issues in the article, that you changed your stance.

Watch out for the hill behind you when you back peddle. You posted this thread because you hate Ron Paul and thought you found a gold mine of reasons not to vote for him, except most of them are complete bullshit.  When called out on it, you then just said "oh I don't believe it, just how many ultra liberal friends see him" which any 4 year old can see through.

Next time make a little more difficult, your games are too easy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »
reminds me f when 33 was on the birther fence.

"Here's another 10 posts on the crazy amount of evidence those loony birthers are talking about..."

Sorry, but unless you're dissecting the points and showing why they're false, you're "putting it out there".
Coupled with your continued bashing for Ron paul for 6 years, your intent is pretty clear here.

At least say "I think Ron Paul is terrible for the GOP and I'm posting those so people dont vote for him"

We may not agree with you, but we will respect you for the honesty.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 08:57:54 PM »
Except you didn't note that in your original post, you just said "Got this from one of my ultra liberal friends" and then pasted the article.  It wasn't until later in the thread, which I now had to go and read because you claimed later that this is just how liberals view him after being called out on the legitimacy of the issues in the article, that you changed your stance.

Watch out for the hill behind you when you back peddle. You posted this thread because you hate Ron Paul and thought you found a gold mine of reasons not to vote for him, except most of them are complete bullshit.  When called out on it, you then just said "oh I don't believe it, just how many ultra liberal friends see him" which any 4 year old can see through.

Next time make a little more difficult, your games are too easy.

Just blame yourself for not being perceptive enough to get the point of the thread.  

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
For the life of me I cant see how ANYONE can think that any of the current GOP running or Obama is anything but the same garbage that we have had for years and years now.

Its all the same crap! I dont care who you vote for... you are just going to get more of the same stuff... nothing will change.

Unless you vote RP --- thats the ONLY different candidate.

I dont get it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 05:17:52 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/kelly-clarkson-endorses-ron-paul-twitter-hate_n_1174612.html

LOL.  Liberals are such pieces of shit.    Now they are attacking her for supporting Ron Paul? 

I guess it was ak ok when all those morons were openly supporting the Obamunist? 

What a bunch of panzies.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 05:39:41 AM »
"Here's what liberals keep saying about ron paul"

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
From the same liberal friend.  The picture is just wrong.  lol

No Liberal Hero: Facing The Ron Paul Problem
January 11, 2012
By Joseph Ascanio

The following post was originally published on OneWhiteDuck.com.

Many die-hard proponents of “Minimum Government, Maximum Freedoms” consider a Libertarian government as akin to true Americanism  perhaps far more than our country’s preconceived perceptions of Left versus Right, Liberal versus Conservative, “Big” government versus “Local,” etc.

Libertarianism is especially popular among Tea Party Republicans; who more often than not tout an “anti-big government” sentiment alongside Republican political-hopefuls (while, ironically, simultaneously ignoring huge governmental oversight, taxation and spending wrought by Republican presidents, congressmen and statesmen and calling for even more governmental infractions concerning the private lives of American citizens, families and workers).

Meanwhile, “liberals” feeling the funk of a “not what I thought I bought” Obama presidency are also leaning toward Libertarianism – very often without concern for the inevitable endgame of a true Libertarian society.

This sentiment often calls attention to presidential candidates –  like Congressman Ron Paul (R – Texas), who has been running on a platform of Libertarian “Constitutionalism” for years – and their allusions to the original Founding Fathers’ national intents as a proverbial call to arms for members within both major parties.

Disillusionment with the status quo – combined with the buzzwords swirling around a Libertarian campaign –  often strikes just the right chord with frustrated American voters. But while the concept of a Libertarian presidency does have its appeal, there are inherent problems that outweigh the positives.

At the drawing board for what is now America, Libertarianism was based on the moral principle of self-ownership; where individuals possess the right to control his or her own body, action, speech and property. Government’s only role – as generally interpreted by the founders – was to assist its people in defending themselves against outside force and fraud.

“We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.” – From the Libertarian party’s official website.

But while Libertarianism was at the root of the nation’s beginnings, that does not mean it is substantially relevant enough in today’s society to set the course for our future.

Over two-plus centuries, American culture has evolved exponentially in ways that were entirely unfathomable to anyone daring to even attempt to literally change the world in the late 1700s.

Religion, immigration, agriculture, science, technology, business, energy, invention, war, weaponry. Emerging super-powers, a global economy, changing geography, natural threats, unnatural threats, social upheavals, global genocides. Cultural expansion, modern medicine, space exploration, mental discovery….

Our world is nothing that it was during our nation’s humble, noble and often tragic beginnings. And unfortunately – “American” or not – Libertarianism does not bode well against the test of time.

Each places far too much trust in our ability to live a good and reasonable life as Americans without societal checks and balances. For all our cooperative instincts, we are generally still too (or rather have been bred to remain) apathetically uninformed, undereducated and uninvolved to fathom the delicate intricacies of a nation’s best efforts for advancement.

According to the party’s statement of principles, governments “must not violate individual rights, [as] we oppose all interference by government in the areas of voluntary and contractual relations among individuals.”

Libertarianism insists that there are only two real factions of American society: the government and the individual – and that the former is the only one that, if too large, powerful and/or overtly ominous, will work to take away an individual’s personal freedoms. But this is simply not true.

On the surface, Libertarianism is supposed to be about individual rights and freedoms, yet when mixed with human nature and compulsion for personal gain, it becomes about business; where the very term “individual rights” becomes a sub-context for “private business”.

It even holds business in a higher regard than basic human and civil rights, as evident in its support for what I like to refer to as “regressive expansion” – a harkening back to pre-1964 Civil Rights legislation as it pertains to corporate America.

“Consequently, we oppose any government attempts to regulate private discrimination, including choices and preferences, in employment, housing, and privately owned businesses. The right to trade includes the right not to trade – for any reasons whatsoever; the right of association includes the right not to associate, for exercise of the right depends upon mutual consent.”

This is not to say that Libertarians are racist or hold racist views. What it does say, though, is that they believe it should be entirely within the rights of an empowered class to allow the empowered to dictate which race, creed or color gets to realize the American dream of freedom and opportunity – two monikers so highly revered by Libertarians.

As perhaps a “lazy idealist,” a Libertarian my be 100% tolerant and supportive of equal opportunity yet hold government’s intercession to guarantee such opportunity – even when presented with historical truths countering their argument – in great disdain.

As such, true Libertarianism would see American communities revert to a time of legal – if only for the sake of not daring to make it illegal – religious, racial or sexual discrimination in the workplace. It would turn a blind eye to whites-only schools, water fountains and restrooms.

Why? Because these all fall under the protections afforded to the American people by the American government – protections that stand in the face the Libertarian meme of “rights of association.”

A Libertarian nation would constrain rather than free the American public via a social monopoly of oppression at the hands of a non-governmental ruling/rich class. It would make it possible for the rich to control all lands and public commodities and therefore dictate who gets to live where, do what, work how, etc. It would allow for a citizen’s individual rights to be curtailed not by his/her government but by the vast “powers that be” in place of government: corporate bosses, self-organized community and ethnic movements, religions, work houses and other skewed, social conventions.

It would validate the revocation of individual freedoms by nearly any means necessary by placing little-to-no protections under the law that did not have to do with violence and property rights; thereby creating a nation – a world – that is anything but “free.”

As such, the resurgence of American Libertarianism – as personified on a national scale via Ron Paul’s popularity – is a metaphor for many who would rather stifle the legitimacy of a working, Democratic government in favor of “liberty” – allowing for workers to be abused at the whim of overseers, racism to thrive, and powerful theocracies to mandate social norms without the overbearance of government.

As a Libertarian, Paul is in favor of abolishing both the Federal minimum wage and the Occupational Safety and Health Act and “reforming” Social Security virtually to non-existence. He wants the United States to be withdrawn from the United Nations. He supports off shore drilling, constructing more oil refineries and mining on federal lands. He proposes to have no taxes on the production of fossil fuels, and would stop conservation efforts that could be a “Federal obstacle” to building and maintaining refineries. His tax codes would basically stick it to the country’s lowest earners (hardest workers) while placing the richest on a proverbial pedestal.

Socially, he is a nightmare. He believes that sexual orientation is a valid basis for discrimination and that government has no business suggesting otherwise. Yet, in direct contrast, while he has gained wide praise recently for suggesting that the federal government should not regulate who a person marries, he was an original co-sponsor of the Marriage Protection Act in the House in 2004 – legislation that sought to prohibit recognition of same sex marriages across state lines.

He has sponsored legislation to repeal affirmative action, keep the IRS from investigating private schools accusing of using race as a factor in denying entrance, and would seek to deny citizenship for anyone born in the US whose parents are not citizens, and eradicate some of the most “common sense” gun control laws in the country.

The list goes on for anyone with the time to read and the stomach to digest – but the real issue is where do we go from here?

In theory, Libertarianism is about the freedom of the individual, but in practice it is often about the freedom to oppress without repercussion and to regress the nation back to a simpler version of itself; a time when social norms prevailed and anything outside the box was simply outcast (there goes that “Archie Bunker syndrome” again).

Voting for Ron Paul would be akin to handing the Tea Party the keys to the White House and a pulpit to advance some of the harshest and regressive legislation and social commentary since the early 20th century.

That is not a country in which I would want to live.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01/11/no-liberal-hero-facing-the-ron-paul-problem/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 04:44:30 PM »
Wow, what a piece of shit uninformer and flat out lieing piece.
Tell your friend that before he posts shit like that, he should check the validity of the claims made, because it only makes him look like a total moron.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »
Wow, what a piece of shit uninformer and flat out lieing piece.
Tell your friend that before he posts shit like that, he should check the validity of the claims made, because it only makes him look like a total moron.

Meh.  He's not responsible for someone else's commentary.  It's just a discussion piece, just like most other opinions/articles. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 05:06:07 PM »
Voting for Ron Paul would be akin to handing the Tea Party the keys to the White House and a pulpit to advance some of the harshest and regressive legislation and social commentary since the early 20th century.

hahahahahahahahaha

You're friend needs to wake the fuck up.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/kelly-clarkson-endorses-ron-paul-twitter-hate_n_1174612.html

LOL.  Liberals are such pieces of shit.    Now they are attacking her for supporting Ron Paul? 

I guess it was ak ok when all those morons were openly supporting the Obamunist? 

What a bunch of panzies.   

333 - how can you honestly criticize anyone for attacking an RP supporter when you have attached Obama supporters, wished physical harm to them, told them FU hundreds if not thousands of times

I'm spare you the lecture on how fucking un-American it is to criticize someone's free choice but how about at least a little consistency

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
so he does not care about the. Communist party supporting Obama?   

It's no different than the 90+% of Neo Nazis who support Ron Paul.

You don't get to pick who supports you... you only get to pick who YOU support.

How do you not get that?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »
I am voting for Ron Paul because of every single reason that was illustrated in that idiotic article.

I am so sick and tired of these fucking pussies in the GOP. Telling the truth has become taboo in politics.

Ron Paul tells the truth. He's not perfect, but he's real-- and that's more than I can say for anyone in either party.

Fuck special rights for this and that-- fuck illegals, fuck foreign aid, fuck the federal reserve, fuck the minimum wage and most importantly fuck all of you limp dick sissy Obama supporters.

That last fuck you wasn't really relevant to this discussion, but I figured that I would throw it in for good merit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2012, 11:00:42 AM »
I am voting for Ron Paul because of every single reason that was illustrated in that idiotic article.

I am so sick and tired of these fucking pussies in the GOP. Telling the truth has become taboo in politics.

Ron Paul tells the truth. He's not perfect, but he's real-- and that's more than I can say for anyone in either party.

Fuck special rights for this and that-- fuck illegals, fuck foreign aid, fuck the federal reserve, fuck the minimum wage and most importantly fuck all of you limp dick sissy Obama supporters.

That last fuck you wasn't really relevant to this discussion, but I figured that I would throw it in for good merit.

lol.  Dude you crack me up.   :)

I agree Ron Paul speaks the truth about the economy.