Author Topic: Game of the Month - #1 LSU vs. #2 Bama  (Read 7218 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: LSU vs. Bama
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
Let's hope these 2 don't play again.  Two evenly matched teams, but if it wasn't 1 vs. 2 everyone would have switched channels before that 6-6 barnburner reached overtime. 

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »
Let's hope these 2 don't play again.  Two evenly matched teams, but if it wasn't 1 vs. 2 everyone would have switched channels before that 6-6 barnburner reached overtime. 

I'd rather see a 6-6 game, rather than an SEC blowout of this years Pac-10, Big 10 scrub just because of "fairness".

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
I'm not a fan of either team, but after watching the game Bama definitely lost tham game a lot more than LSU won it. 12 points in missed/blocked FG's and a rediculous interception at LSU's one yard line which would have at least been another 3 or even 6. If there ever was a time when two teams from the same conference deserve a rematch in the BCS NC, its these two teams. Stanford, Oklahoma State and Boise shouldnt even be in the same conversation. The SEC has proven the past 5 years that they are the best, let the best two teams play-----again.

ok state will find away to lose to ok.  i was thinking stanford could win out but usc and oregon to go.  lsu has 2 soft games before they have to deal with their problem child, arkansas, who has beaten them something like 2 for 4 in the last couple meetings at the end of the season.  boise state can probably win out and will but will get maul by lsu.  they wont win on a trick vs lsu because that's miles' specialty.  play face up and lsu kills them.  bama wins out than they could be #2 behind lsu at the end. v 

btw lsu has 4 of the top 10 DBs in the nation and that's without patrick peterson. on top of that they have a top 3 front four as usual.   miles has never been shot as a defensive man.  he stays at lsu vs going to that hole in michigan, and they are top 5 in national yr in and out, taking all the studs coming out of louisiana, mississippi, east texas and north florida.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 03:10:44 PM »
Arkansas can beat LSU, so I wouldn't be surprised if LSU, Ok St, Alabama, and Stanford all end up with one loss. 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »
ok state will find away to lose to ok.  i was thinking stanford could win out but usc and oregon to go. 

Stanford already beat USC (overtime game) but yes, Oregon can be the team that beats them.
~

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »
What I was trying to say is that I would rather see a 1 loss Bama take on LSU in the BCS NC, as long as LSU goes undefeated. And Bama's 1 loss is to the #1 team, and in overtime. I just cant see a Boise, Stanford or Okie St(assuming 1 or all go undefeated) playing in the same level of competition where they deserve a shot as much as an SEC 1 loss team.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »
What I was trying to say is that I would rather see a 1 loss Bama take on LSU in the BCS NC, as long as LSU goes undefeated. And Bama's 1 loss is to the #1 team, and in overtime. I just cant see a Boise, Stanford or Okie St(assuming 1 or all go undefeated) playing in the same level of competition where they deserve a shot as much as an SEC 1 loss team.

if LSU drops a double over-time lose to Arkansas which has happen before when they won the NC with 2 loses , comes back the next week and crushes an opponent in the SEC championship, they still deserve to be in the NC game more than Ok state or Boise State. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
if LSU drops a double over-time lose to Arkansas which has happen before when they won the NC with 2 loses , comes back the next week and crushes an opponent in the SEC championship, they still deserve to be in the NC game more than Ok state or Boise State. 

agree

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
So glad South Carolina went down
U

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 05:12:15 PM »
So glad South Carolina went down

Who can take anybody seriously called "The Cocks...."  ::)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »
College football is now a regional game.  A team from up north will not win a BCS championship in the next 20 years.

However, if both LSU and Bama win out, then it'd be a crime if they did not have a rematch in the big dance.  Stanford, Boise, Okie State would get decimated against either of these teams. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 04:05:23 AM »
College football is now a regional game.  A team from up north will not win a BCS championship in the next 20 years.

However, if both LSU and Bama win out, then it'd be a crime if they did not have a rematch in the big dance.  Stanford, Boise, Okie State would get decimated against either of these teams.  

Check Bama vs Utah.  Their offense has no problem tanking it.  If Stanford wins out and LSU does its' yrly trip against Arkansas, then Luck gets his 4 leaf clover vs Bama.  LSU didn't get 20 because of drive killing and momentum swing on the road Jareed Lee, but Luck will make the money throws vs Bama.  on Other hand LSU DBs are pros and will school Luck and his 3-star stanford wideouts.

Basically LSU has a season ending double OT lost to Arkansas, and one yr Arkansas beats them on a 4th down pass from 30 yds out with seconds left in the game.  Can't even explain what's LSU problem with letting Arkansas hang around for these types of games.