Author Topic: Fight of the year - Angulo vs. Kirkland (Epic War!)  (Read 5356 times)

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
Fight of the year - Angulo vs. Kirkland (Epic War!)
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
The first round was EPIC!

The rest of fight was a war between 2 of the most feared and powerful jr. middleweight around!
2 men that fight only going forward is a clash between 2 freight train!
Rarely you see this kind of war in the ring nowdays when 2 man are bent to KO the opponent without any fear to KO'd!
The first round will be talk for years to come!
GetBigger enjoy this WAR! 8)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: ANGULO VS KIRKLAND (EPIC WAR)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:36:06 AM »
The first round was EPIC!
The rest of fight was a war between 2 of the most feared and powerful jr. middleweight around!
2 men that fight only going forward is a clash between 2 freight train!
Rarely you see this kind of war in the ring nowdays when 2 man are bent to KO the opponent without any fear to KO'd!
The first round will be talk for years to come!
GetBigger enjoy this WAR! 8)

Hard to call Kirkland one of "the most feared jr. middleweights" after the way he got dropped on his ass 3 times in the first round and eventually KTFO by a light punching Asian fella that no one has ever heard of in his last fight.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
Hard to call Kirkland one of "the most feared jr. middleweights" after the way he got dropped on his ass 3 times in the first round and eventually KTFO by a light punching Asian fella that no one has ever heard of in his last fight.

You are 100% right!
But remember Kirkland before the loss with the japanese was a feared jr. middleweight with great punching power, and now is going to be feared again after this great victory against Angulo!
Don't forget also that the loss against the japanese came after 2 year of inactivity of Kirkland because he was in jail ,and under the wing of a new trainer that never understood what were his boxing strenght and because of that the new trainer was dumped after that fight loss!
Now Kirkland is back with his old trainer Ann Wolf and seem the to be back to his former best.
I want to see Kirkland vs Canelo now, because is the time for Canelo to step-up and fight a dangerous opponent like Kirkland!
If the fight will happen ( I doubt it, because his greede promoters De La Hoya/Shaefer are protecting Canelo and cherrypicking all his opponents) I have Canelo winning because the young mexican star has great boxing skill and power to win against Kirkland who his strong and powerful but inferior from a point of view of boxing skill and defense!
Anyway I hope you enjoyed the fight! 8)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »
You are 100% right!
But remember Kirkland before the loss with the japanese was a feared jr. middleweight with great punching power, and now is going to be feared again after this great victory against Angulo!
Don't forget also that the loss against the japanese came after 2 year of inactivity of Kirkland because he was in jail ,and under the wing of a new trainer that never understood what were his boxing strenght and because of that the new trainer was dumped after that fight loss!
Now Kirkland is back with his old trainer Ann Wolf and seem the to be back to his former best.
I want to see Kirkland vs Canelo now, because is the time for Canelo to step-up and fight a dangerous opponent like Kirkland!
If the fight will happen ( I doubt it, because his greede promoters De La Hoya/Shaefer are protecting Canelo and cherrypicking all his opponents) I have Canelo winning because the young mexican star has great boxing skill and power to win against Kirkland who his strong and powerful but inferior from a point of view of boxing skill and defense!
Anyway I hope you enjoyed the fight! 8)

ABSOLUTELY!!

I think his record was like 25-0 with 24 ko's or something ridiculous like that, pre incarceration.

I remember he was scheduled to be on the undercard of a big PPV right but got arrested a week or so before the event and I was majorly bummed.

Now that he is back under Ann Wolf maybe he can regain his old form, I certainly hope so...he was a helluva exciting fighter a couple years ago.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
because is the time for Canelo to step-up and fight a dangerous opponent like Kirkland!

This guy has had 38 fights, should have stepped up 10-12 fights ago and fought someone.  Anyway, he's a money bag for Golden Boy, so he gets the tomato can schedule.  His next fight is Cintron.  ::)

Once again, boxing is BS.  Kirkland is slow, and had too much down-time in prison to fight this 21 yr old.  Canelo vs Amir since they both play around light-middleweight.  It won't happen because Oscar and Arum have to make money.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
This guy has had 38 fights, should have stepped up 10-12 fights ago and fought someone.  Anyway, he's a money bag for Golden Boy, so he gets the tomato can schedule.  His next fight is Cintron.  ::)

Once again, boxing is BS.  Kirkland is slow, and had too much down-time in prison to fight this 21 yr old.  Canelo vs Amir since they both play around light-middleweight.  It won't happen because Oscar and Arum have to make money.

First Amir Khan a super lightweight (140 pounds), not a junior middleweight!
Second Amir Khan is a Golden Boy Promotion fighter just like Canelo!
If Golden Boy want to put one of his fighter against his 2 star (Canelo or Khan) they will be for sure Canelo!
Canelo is bigger ,stronger than Khan and would win against Kirkland!
Khan instead is too light and fragile to be put against a beast like Kirkland.
Yes Khan could outbox Kirkland but it a remote chance that will happen (remember that Amir was close to be KO by Maidana and won a very close fight, and if they ever fight again I am not sure that Khan would win again against the argentinian again).
I don't think Golden Boy will ever put Amir vs Kirkland, because Kirkland could hurt Khan for good!
Canelo vs Kirkland instead would be an interesting fight , Canelo would score a great victory against a credible opponent like Kirkland and step up to fight even better opponents like Martinez,Pac or Mayweather!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Fight of the year - Angulo vs. Kirkland (Epic War!)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »
Neither one of those guys can defend a double leg so who gives a shit :-)
w

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:46:39 PM »

Feared in the world where 90% of moves in real fight are banned and you're wearing two pillows.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »
Feared in the world where 90% of moves in real fight are banned and you're wearing two pillows.

LMAO
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »

Yeah you're right, the average guy on the street has ZERO fear for a World Class boxer.  ::)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
Yeah you're right, the average guy on the street has ZERO fear for a World Class boxer.  ::)

Why would anyone watch a boxing match between "fighter" that would get their ass beat by approx. 50,000,000 men on the street we've never heard of. They're only feared in an artificial environment.

Of course he'd beat an average joe in a streetfight, but feared? Yeah right.. there's a million amateur non-boxing fighters that'd fight him on the street any day.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »
Why would anyone watch a boxing match between "fighter" that would get their ass beat by approx. 50,000,000 men on the street we've never heard of. They're only feared in an artificial environment.

Of course he'd beat an average joe in a streetfight, but feared? Yeah right.. there's a million amateur non-boxing fighters that'd fight him on the street any day.

Because they enjoy the sport of boxing.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:56 AM »

That's what I don't understand.  What do you enjoy about watching two guys with pillows on their hands spar for endless rounds?  If you don't like grappling, why not at least get into muay thai where they use elbows, knees & kicks?  Seriously, what's so great about boxing ???

w

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »

Kind of like some people like ballet? Gotcha

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »
Kind of like some people like ballet? Gotcha

Yes. Excellent analogy.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »
That's what I don't understand.  What do you enjoy about watching two guys with pillows on their hands spar for endless rounds?  If you don't like grappling, why not at least get into muay thai where they use elbows, knees & kicks?  Seriously, what's so great about boxing ???

What can you really say besides different people just like different things?

I personally enjoy watching both MMA and Boxing for different reasons. You may find the intricacies of a grappling match exciting while many MMA "fans" don't; it all comes down to personal preference.

As far as my personal interest in boxing, I love reading about the history and engaging debates and discussion that goes with it with other fans who have followed it for many years. Much like in the sport baseball it's not always beginning to end excitement or fast paced as in football or basketball but I can appreciate that 9th inning home run to finish the game of a 0 to 0 score in the same way I can when Julio Caesar Chavez came back to knock out Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds remaining in the last round. The way Marquez came back from 3 knockdowns in the first round to force a controversial split decision. I can literally go on and on with stuff like that but it just the drama of it all that I find really enjoyable to watch and discuss.

Of course, it is not NEAR what used to be as far as quality of fighters and popularity but just look at that youtube clip above, to me that is a very exciting boxing match...there are still good boxing matches from time to time. Is boxing currently as exciting to watch as MMA? Probably not. Does that mean I should stop watching boxing all together? Of course not.

I think this upcoming Pacquiao fight will be a fun watch. It's not YOUR thing but maybe there is SOMETHING in that clip you can possibly understand why boxing fans feel this way.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »

I personally enjoy watching both MMA and Boxing for different reasons. You may find the intricacies of a grappling match exciting while many MMA "fans" don't; it all comes down to personal preference.

As far as my personal interest in boxing, I love reading about the history and engaging debates and discussion that goes with it with other fans who have followed it for many years. Much like in the sport baseball it's not always beginning to end excitement or fast paced as in football or basketball but I can appreciate that 9th inning home run to finish the game of a 0 to 0 score in the same way I can when Julio Caesar Chavez came back to knock out Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds remaining in the last round. The way Marquez came back from 3 knockdowns in the first round to force a controversial split decision. I can literally go on and on with stuff like that but it just the drama of it all that I find really enjoyable to watch and discuss.

Of course, it is not NEAR what used to be as far as quality of fighters and popularity but just look at that youtube clip above, to me that is a very exciting boxing match...there are still good boxing matches from time to time. Is boxing currently as exciting to watch as MMA? Probably not. Does that mean I should stop watching boxing all together? Of course not.

I think this upcoming Pacquiao fight will be a fun watch. It's not YOUR thing but maybe there is SOMETHING in that clip you can possibly understand why boxing fans feel this way.

fair enough.  Everyone has their own taste.  Shit, even golf has an audience...go figure.
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
fair enough.  Everyone has their own taste.  Shit, even golf has an audience...go figure.

8)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »

What the hell? Is this GetBig? You're supposed to argue and disagree!  ;D

Just kidding, well written. Good points. Used to find boxing exciting when I was a kid, now I find it extremely boring compared to MMA.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »
I enjoyed this fight...the first round was crazy.  Boxing has it's place in MMA as well, I don't see why people think it would be that in effective on the street.  Let me tell you from experience, boxing works better in real life scenarios than BJJ does.  Bjj is great if you are actually fighting a fair one on one fight and it happens to not be in a parking lot, or on gravel, or crowded bar.  I'd rather have a boxer get my back if I'm being attacked by multiple people than any BJJ black belt.  I like MMA and boxing a fight is a fight.
Predictions
 40/61