Author Topic: Toughest people of the world - Mongolians  (Read 15979 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: Toughest people of the world - Mongolians
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »
That's the other guy.  8)

you have a demon inside you, eh  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
I would say the Assyrian Empire at their height where tougher when Sennecherib ruled. Heads on sticks outside the walled city, Public flaying and boiling of people, and Military schooling at age 9 where the norm, had control over northern Africa, southern Europe, the entire middle east and parts of Asia. The Babylonians, the Persians and Greeks were tough too. But far more impressive where the Romans then the Mongals 4 centuries of ruling over 25% of the earth population and not only that but controlled about 60% of all the cities metropolis in the world, a feat that no race can claim. Ya the Mongals ruled more in terms of fractions, like maybe 40% of the worlds population, but only for a short period (2 generations), and mostly extremely populated tribal areas(certainly not 40%of the civilized world) and then crumbelled, anyone knows you can't govern over that large of an area without being overthrown or resulting in civil war. Just think had the Romans concentrated their forces and conquested in all direction without thinking of the repercusions that would befall 20-30-40 years down the road, they would have ruled over half the earth if not more, but clearly not a good idea if your concerned over the future stability of the empire.

So I would rank the Romans as number 1, the Assyrians number 2, America number 3 in terms of powerful Empires and maybe Mongals 4th or 5th ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
This guy fucked up a Mongolian:

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »
I thought the whole thing devolved into civil war within a generation or two.  That's not exactly a sign of good planning.  You seem like quite a fanboy.  You wouldn't seriously put the Mongols on par with Rome?! OMG!  Say it ain't so!  :o

im not really a fanboy, I pay my respects, people said to temujin: we submit to you but in return you must defend our name and elevate our status, and he delivered, he made a whole section of the earth his family. I talk about people as if they were in the room with me, but that's just me. I don't care for rome, I didn't descend from those warring homos. And there was no planning, it makes sense that his empire collapsed after he died because like I said it was his will being executed by his people, not anyone elses. And it's not like the empire collapsed into nothing, ever heard of the golden horde?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
im not really a fanboy, I pay my respects, people said to temujin: we submit to you but in return you must defend our name and elevate our status, and he delivered, he made a whole section of the earth his family. I talk about people as if they were in the room with me, but that's just me. I don't care for rome, I didn't descend from those warring homos. And there was no planning, it makes sense that his empire collapsed after he died because like I said it was his will being executed by his people, not anyone elses. And it's not like the empire collapsed into nothing, ever heard of the golden horde?

Exactly, temujing just gatherred people as family; "OMG, you're cool, brah! Can we follow you please, we will serve you as you wish, you have a heart of gold!", way differend that romans which was systematic brainwashing and slavery.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »

I really don't know much about the Mongols but I'm such a Greek & Rome fanboy I had to jump in and give you guys a hard time about it.  ;)

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »
This guy fucked up a Mongolian:

That's just a movie, kid.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 09:35:24 PM »
"Sisu"

Check out the Finnish folks and the damn Soviets.

Talk about tough S.O.B.s....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2011, 06:59:15 AM »
"Sisu"

Check out the Finnish folks and the damn Soviets.

Talk about tough S.O.B.s....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu

I always saw the winter war as a colossal failure on the part of the soviets more than anything else... they had executed all their experienced officers and the new ones were indoctrinated kids who relied on battlefield manuals. Not to take anything from the valour of the finns, but when the soviets finally got their shit together they damn right took half of europe from the nazis.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2011, 09:06:06 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D mark forrest aka lou defni defeated them singlehanded in the 60's.
F

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2011, 02:00:04 PM »
Oh no I'm so sorry but it was the Moops.  The correct answer is the Moops.
R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »
Oh no I'm so sorry but it was the Moops.  The correct answer is the Moops.
Moops?

who are the Moops?

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:23 AM »
The Muslims defeated them and stopped them from moving up to Europe to further expand their empire. They did destroy Baghdad though.

Tatars. I thought we only called then that.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
The Muslims defeated them and stopped them from moving up to Europe to further expand their empire. They did destroy Baghdad though.

Tatars. I thought we only called then that.

Battle of Ain Jalut, 1260. The Mamluks (sp) defeated the Mongol army.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »

the Marmadukes?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 10:47:50 AM »
now i'm looking up all sorts of shit on wikipedia. not surprised the arabs called them tatars also

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »

As I remember (from the top of my head) the gates of Baghdad were opened by a group of traitors(salageka) and they were killed by mongols after they entered (ironically). The city was savagely destroyed. The river changed color after the mongols threw baghdad's books and scripts, then it turned red after all the killing. It was said that most of the science researches/scientists were destroyed.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »
mongols don't have to be let in, they should have researched the sceince of protecting themselves

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 11:22:30 AM »
mongols don't have to be let in, they should have researched the sceince of protecting themselves

See, back then the Muslim army was way better in numbers and superior in weaponry and armor. If they prepared to go to war and had time to assemble the army( they were scattered from east to west) they would've won the first time. All empires had doors to their greatest castlesor walls.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
look up the details of why the mongols lost, you want to say the muslim armies were better because well you are from there or something, in reality the muslims were not an empire, they were tough but small and relied on the mongols making mistakes. If the mongols did not break out into civil war and decided to annihilate every muslim they could find, you and your parents wouldn't be walking around today, true story

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 11:42:23 AM »
Do you realize how many Muslims lived back then? I think Muslims are inferior at the moment and don't think highly of something just because im part of it. Don't make assumptions.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »
look up the details of why the mongols lost, you want to say the muslim armies were better because well you are from there or something, in reality the muslims were not an empire, they were tough but small and relied on the mongols making mistakes. If the mongols did not break out into civil war and decided to annihilate every muslim they could find, you and your parents wouldn't be walking around today, true story
Muslims always won battles cause they stayed close to water and never traveled a great deal of distance in a short period of time, hence their soldiers were alway fresh. Pretty good tactics, if you ask me.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 11:46:23 AM »
Do you realize how many Muslims lived back then? I think Muslims are inferior at the moment and don't think highly of something just because im part of it. Don't make assumptions.

then why do you use the word empire, they were still playing sticks and stones with the crusaders, what city in the kingdom of the mongols did they trash? lol, the mongols didn't even have walls around their cities, that's how good they were