Author Topic: Eli Manning  (Read 6438 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Eli Manning
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
The Giants beat New England in the regular season. However they lost to Green Bay, Saints and 49'ers in the regular season. But they beat all three of them teams in the Playoffs. What this tells me is that when it comes to elite teams that face each other,  whoever wins the first game will lose the second and vice versa. The Pats lost their first meeting this year against the Giants. Which may mean Bill B. and Brady will make the adjustments for the next game.

Load up on the Pats guys. Its money in the bank!!!

In 2007 the undefeated Pats beat the Giants in the regular season. Giants made the adjustment and we all know what happened at the 2nd meeting in the Super Bowl.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 04:08:17 AM »
I think that's a fluky trend rather than a reality.

I look at it like this:  Giants played good against GB in the regular season, but better against them in the playoffs, same with SF.  Hopefully same with NE.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »
I don't get it. Joe Flacco nearly won the game by himself vs the pats. Ray Rice was a non-factor. The defense held the pats to just 20 points until the game clinching fg. Honestly, the pats should have lost that game.

In week 9 the giants also held the pats to just 20 points, except they did it with a defense that was banged and were not coming off 5 strait single elimination victories. On defense the giants are healthy and are playing great. The giants are not a one trick pony like the pats. The giants are balanced.

If flacco can have his way against NE, I'm pretty confident Eli will light them up.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
I hope there are a total of 20 sacks and 45 hits on the  2 QB's in the Super Bowl.  That is the only thing I will be cheering for.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »
I don't get it. Joe Flacco nearly won the game by himself vs the pats. Ray Rice was a non-factor. The defense held the pats to just 20 points until the game clinching fg. Honestly, the pats should have lost that game.

In week 9 the giants also held the pats to just 20 points, except they did it with a defense that was banged and were not coming off 5 strait single elimination victories. On defense the giants are healthy and are playing great. The giants are not a one trick pony like the pats. The giants are balanced.

If flacco can have his way against NE, I'm pretty confident Eli will light them up.
This...

The giants pass rush is better than the ravens, their pass game is 10x better than the ravens and they have a decent run game and secondary...

I liked the way the ravens put pollard on gronk a lot and I think how it depends on how the giants address the NE tight ends. All in all I think its the giants by a decent margin.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »
i hope the giants win, and i think they are the better team right now

i just have a gut feeling the pats will win, i hope i'm wrong but that rarely happens

E
E

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »

Two things about the Pat/Ravens game. The catch Gronk made near the end of the half that was called out of bounds was in bounds. Bill B. just didn't throw the red flag. That should have changed the game. And Brady also missed a wide open throw to Groink that would most likely have been a touch down. And lets not forget that the Pats could run at will against the Ravens. They just didn't stick with it. The Pats will be able to run against the Giants.