Author Topic: Obama: I'll Put My Record Against Any President  (Read 1137 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama: I'll Put My Record Against Any President
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:29:16 PM »
The president has been hitting the crack pipe. 

Obama: I'll Put My Record Against Any President
Monday, 07 Nov 2011

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama told financial supporters Monday that changing the culture of Washington is probably the biggest part of his agenda that remains unfinished but he would put his legislative record "up against any president in their first term."

"The challenge we have right now is fixing our politics. Making sure that we've got the kind of politics and governance here in Washington which is responsive to the needs of the people, not the needs of special interests, that brings out the best in us and not the worst in us," Obama said at a Washington, D.C., fundraiser.

"That is probably the biggest piece of business that remains unfinished. That's probably the area where we've been most stymied over the last three years. My legislative record, our administrative record, I'll put up against any president in their first term," he said.

Obama spoke at the home of Dwight Bush, the director of a financial advisory firm, and his wife, Antoinette Bush, a communications executive. Tickets for the fundraiser, which supports the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee, started at $17,900 per person. About 45 people attended the dinner.

Obama has raised more than $150 million for his campaign and the DNC since launching his re-election campaign in April, giving him an early money advantage over his Republican opponents.

The president told donors that his administration has worked to reform Wall Street, end the war in Iraq and end the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy, which forbade gay soldiers from serving openly.

"But in terms of changing the culture of Washington, the fever has not broken yet. Not everyone has gotten the word yet that this is not how the American people want their government to operate," Obama said.

Shortly before Obama left the White House, a District of Columbia police officer was struck along the presidential motorcade route on Connecticut Avenue at about 6:30 p.m. and sustained non-life-threatening injuries, police spokesman Paul Metcalf said.

Metcalf said he was trying to confirm whether an official or civilian vehicle struck the officer and whether the officer was directing traffic.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Obama-Fundraiser/2011/11/07/id/417184

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama: I'll Put My Record Against Any President
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:32:32 PM »
He is absolutely correct.   No president in our history has such a disastrous record of intentionally trying to kill America. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 03:17:54 PM »
It's not what you measure, it's how you measure it.  :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
Actually he's right...Obama's legislative record is very impressive....whether you agree with him or not...he simply has done what he set out to do basically

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 04:20:56 PM »
Actually he's right...Obama's legislative record is very impressive....whether you agree with him or not...he simply has done what he set out to do basically

Not according to the Washington Post. According to their fact checkers, he hasn't even accomplished 40% of what he promised he would during the 2008 campaign.

Then again, when the asshole made over 500 promises in the span of a few months, I guess 40% is something to brag about.  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »
So besides destroying America he hasn't even accomplished all his destroying. Awsome Barry...ur the best Barry ever.
L

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
""The challenge we have right now is fixing our politics. Making sure that we've got the kind of politics and governance here in Washington which is responsive to the needs of the people, not the needs of special interests, that brings out the best in us and not the worst in us," Obama said at a Washington, D.C., fundraiser.

"That is probably the biggest piece of business that remains unfinished. That's probably the area where we've been most stymied over the last three years. My legislative record, our administrative record, I'll put up against any president in their first term," he said"

Probably the funniest part of that whole article.  Obama has received more campaign contributions from corporations than all of the GOP runners combined.  On top of that, Banks have made more profit in his first 2 years than they did in the entire 8 years Bush was president.

Yet we'll still probably see 4 more years of him.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »
It amazes me people keep expecting him to win. They're predicting unemployment to stay over 9% going into the election. That's at least another 12 months of this economic environment. Europe is on the cusp of completely collapsing and it's going to take us and the rest of the planet with them.

The odds are not in his favor, regardless of who the GOP runs.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 05:21:48 PM »
It amazes me people keep expecting him to win. They're predicting unemployment to stay over 9% going into the election. That's at least another 12 months of this economic environment. Europe is on the cusp of completely collapsing and it's going to take us and the rest of the planet with them.

you actually got through an entire post without blaming Obama for something..impressive!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »
Not according to the Washington Post. According to their fact checkers, he hasn't even accomplished 40% of what he promised he would during the 2008 campaign.

Then again, when the asshole made over 500 promises in the span of a few months, I guess 40% is something to brag about.  ::)

Andre will research this and get back to you later.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »

I'm not sure where you're getting the "odds" you're referring to but as soon as we know who the GOP nominee will be you can get ready to be more amazed when Obmam defeats him

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »

I read it was only 357 promises

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 05:25:46 PM »
you actually got through an entire post without blaming Obama for something..impressive!

He's the reason unemployment will still be over 9% going into the election.

JP Morgan just revised their Q3 GDP prediction from 2.5% down to 1.3% today. OBAMANOMICS ROCK!

I'm not sure where you're getting the "odds" you're referring to but as soon as we know who the GOP nominee will be you can get ready to be more amazed when Obmam defeats him

I made a thread a few months ago asking why Obama deserves reelection. You avoided it like the plague. Piss off. No one gives a fuck about the opinion of a craven hypocrite.

I read it was only 357 promises

Again, who cares about what you read? Go cry to the Washington Post.

It's funny. Countless Democratic strategists have said Obama can't run on his record yet the all-knowing Getbig brigade thinks he can. LOL!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 05:28:37 PM »
Again, who cares about what you read? Go cry to the Washington Post.

dumbass

right over your head as usual

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »

Don't overestimate the level of the uninformed thriving in this country.  The average person pays little attention to what actually goes on in Washington and has a very simplistic understanding of economics and political policy.

I'm expecting him to win simply because people pay little attention to what he's done and give more attention to what comes out of his mouth when it should be the opposite.

The posters on this board do not represent the level of involvment the average person in this country has in politics, most of us are at the extreme end when it comes to political and economic issues and aren't representivie of the average Joe.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
Don't overestimate the level of the uninformed thriving in this country.  The average person pays little attention to what actually goes on in Washington and has a very simplistic understanding of economics and political policy.

I'm expecting him to win simply because people pay little attention to what he's done and give more attention to what comes out of his mouth when it should be the opposite.

The posters on this board do not represent the level of involvment the average person in this country has in politics, most of us are at the extreme end when it comes to political and economic issues and aren't representivie of the average Joe.

You're right about that. I read the comments section on MSNBC, CNN and other sites every now and then and its astounding how stupid some people are.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »
Tell me one thing Obama has done to deserve a second term. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »
Don't overestimate the level of the uninformed thriving in this country.  The average person pays little attention to what actually goes on in Washington and has a very simplistic understanding of economics and political policy.

andre is a prime example of this

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »

He had a beer summit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
Predator Drones.  Totally his call.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »
Predator Drones.  Totally his call.

Really?   So i am supposed to vote for this kenyan disaster on the basis that he jizzes using remote control airplanes to bomb people? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
Really?   So i am supposed to vote for this kenyan disaster on the basis that he jizzes using remote control airplanes to bomb people? 
Its a strong reason in regards to foreign policy.  I can give you more if you like.  Face it, the current GOP is a joke and not a single one of them, except Buddy Roemer is up to par or capable.  Obama is the best choice by far.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »
Its a strong reason in regards to foreign policy.  I can give you more if you like.  Face it, the current GOP is a joke and not a single one of them, except Buddy Roemer is up to par or capable.  Obama is the best choice by far.

LOL!   For what?  Being the next Greece or Italy?   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
LOL!   For what?  Being the next Greece or Italy?   
Not going to happen.  You and I both know that the United States will never get to that point.

Look, Herman Cain is a dumbass, Ron Paul has zero support from Congress, Republicans don`t really like Mitt or Huntsman, Bachmann is a joke, the rest are retarded and Newt Gingrich is just in it for the Lolz and to grow his PAC.

There is no substance there at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
Not going to happen.  You and I both know that the United States will never get to that point.

Look, Herman Cain is a dumbass, Ron Paul has zero support from Congress, Republicans don`t really like Mitt or Huntsman, Bachmann is a joke, the rest are retarded and Newt Gingrich is just in it for the Lolz and to grow his PAC.

There is no substance there at all.

LOL.   We are worse than Greece and italy. 

BTW - Newt would make obama cry and curl into a ball.