Author Topic: How Right Wing is this Board?  (Read 4003 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
How Right Wing is this Board?
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:44:45 AM »
The Republican agenda got beat up and left for dead across the country yesterday and there is not even a single thread about it?

1.  Voters reversed Ohio Republicans limits on collective bargaining for public employees

2. Conservative Mississippi rejected the ridiculous personhood amendment

3.  Maine - voters reinstated same day registration at polling places, a long standing law that was repealed by majority Republicans just 4 months ago

4. Arizona Republican Russell Pearce, who is called architect of illegal immigration law in Arizona, was booted out of office in a recall election

5. Last but not least, "The conservative-leaning US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia upheld a lower-court ruling that defended President Obama’s universal-health-care package as constitutional, despite the fact that the law will force all Americans to buy insurance or pay a penalty."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: How Right Wing is this Board?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »
The Republican agenda got beat up and left for dead across the country yesterday and there is not even a single thread about it?

1.  Voters reversed Ohio Republicans limits on collective bargaining for public employees

2. Conservative Mississippi rejected the ridiculous personhood amendment

3.  Maine - voters reinstated same day registration at polling places, a long standing law that was repealed by majority Republicans just 4 months ago

4. Arizona Republican Russell Pearce, who is called architect of illegal immigration law in Arizona, was booted out of office in a recall election

5. Last but not least, "The conservative-leaning US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia upheld a lower-court ruling that defended President Obama’s universal-health-care package as constitutional, despite the fact that the law will force all Americans to buy insurance or pay a penalty."

LOL.   it was a mixed bag.   Ohio also voted against the mandate. 

VA - the GOP took over the house over there and so did PA. 

BTW - I am glad Ohio voted that way - now bankruptcy and layoffs is certain.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »

LOL.   it was a mixed bag.   Ohio also voted against the mandate. 

VA - the GOP took over the house over there and so did PA. 

BTW - I am glad Ohio voted that way - now bankruptcy and layoffs is certain.   

the vote against the mandate in OH was basically a symbolic gesture (kind of like the vote in the House to repeal heathcare and the vote in the House on the Ryan budget)

Repubs in VA can now put forth their agenda and probably watch it get repealed by voters as happened in Ohio and Maine

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
the vote against the mandate in OH was basically a symbolic gesture (kind of like the vote in the House to repeal heathcare and the vote in the House on the Ryan budget)

Repubs in VA can now put forth their agenda and probably watch it get repealed by voters as happened in Ohio and Maine

::)  ::)

Yeah ok Straw - it won by a bigger amount than no. 2 and is a huge reason people are going to send your messiah packing. 

Just like you were DEAD WRONG about the 2010 mid terms - so you shall be dead wrong about next year as well.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »
Pretty much a majority of conservative ideologues on getbig. 
Abandon every hope...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
::)  ::)

Yeah ok Straw - it won by a bigger amount than no. 2 and is a huge reason people are going to send your messiah packing.  

Just like you were DEAD WRONG about the 2010 mid terms - so you shall be dead wrong about next year as well.  

it's still nothing more than symbolic since it has zero effect on the actual legislation.
the Court of Appeals ruling in DC yesterday is much more significant

The defeat of the union stripping agenda in Ohio could be the canary in the coal mine for the GOP and the recall of Pearce if pretty telling as well.

The voters seem to be rejecting the guts of the GOP agenda (i.e. limits on unions, limits on abortion, voter suppression tactics, etc..)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Pretty much a majority of conservative ideologues on getbig. 

yep

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 09:30:22 AM »

it's still nothing more than symbolic since it has zero effect on the actual legislation.
the Court of Appeals ruling in DC yesterday is much more significant

The defeat of the union stripping agenda in Ohio could be the canary in the coal mine for the GOP and the recall of Pearce if pretty telling as well.

The voters seem to be rejecting the guts of the GOP agenda (i.e. limits on unions, limits on abortion, voter suppression tactics, etc..)

Voter supression?   

Like what?  Having to show a valid ID?  oh the horror.   God forbid the demo communists not be able to commit mass voter fraud.   

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »
I am glad Ohio voted that way - now bankruptcy and layoffs is certain.   

This!

The public employees that blindly voted SB5 down actually just shot themselves in the foot... Watch and see...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »
This!

The public employees that blindly voted SB5 down actually just shot themselves in the foot... Watch and see...

I have a buddy who lives there and told me the Gov played thing wrong, and that all the cry babies were out for unions and ran ads 24/7 for weeks.

The state is broke and these stupid union thugs just signed their own pink slips - which I am thrilled about.   

Govt workers should not be allowed to unionize and get defined benefit plans.   Its a ponzi scheme of the worst order.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »

Voter supression?   

Like what?  Having to show a valid ID?  oh the horror.   God forbid the demo communists not be able to commit mass voter fraud.   

I'm talking about same day registration in Maine and YES, all of these types of things are an attempt by the GOP to suppress Democratic votes.

What is the GOP agenda by trying to prevent or limit things like early voting and absentee voting?  It's to suppress Democratic votes.  It's no coicidence that only one party is behind these measure.  I don't understand why the GOP can't be honest about their intentions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 09:43:05 AM »
I'm talking about same day registration in Maine and YES, all of these types of things are an attempt by the GOP to suppress Democratic votes.

What is the GOP agenda by trying to prevent or limit things like early voting and absentee voting?  It's to suppress Democratic votes.  It's no coicidence that only one party is behind these measure.  I don't understand why the GOP can't be honest about their intentions.

Yeah - cause i dont have a right to no have my vote cancelled out by illegal aliens and phantom votes?   Fucking please.   

If you cant show proper ID, you should not be able to vote.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 09:55:38 AM »

Yeah - cause i dont have a right to no have my vote cancelled out by illegal aliens and phantom votes?   Fucking please.   

If you cant show proper ID, you should not be able to vote.   

once again, I'm NOT talking about a photo ID

I'm talking about things like same day voter registration, early voting and absentee voting.   All targets of the GOP

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 09:58:16 AM »

I'm talking about things like same day voter registration, early voting and absentee voting.   All targets of the GOP

Having been a voting and election fraud lawyer for 10 years now - I dont agree with early voting or same day registration at all.   Creates way too much fraud and opportunity for fraud.     

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 09:58:36 AM »

How is absentee voting or early voting a target of the GOP? That's how the military votes and the Armed Forces are usually strong GOP supporters.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »
Having been a voting and election fraud lawyer for 10 years now - I dont agree with early voting or same day registration at all.   Creates way too much fraud and opportunity for fraud.     

how does same day or early voting create fraud

do you have any proof of that ( I know, dumb question, since you never have proof for any of your claims)

there is nothing wrong with same day registration or early voting.  The reason Repubs don't like it is because the majority of same day or early voters tend to vote Democratic.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »
how does same day or early voting create fraud

do you have any proof of that ( I know, dumb question, since you never have proof for any of your claims)

there is nothing wrong with same day registration or early voting.  The reason Repubs don't like it is because the majority of same day or early voters tend to vote Democratic.   

Because many can go over state lines and register in other states, time absantee ballots to conflict with same day reg.   There are so many voting scams out there its not even funny. 

Its far more prevelent than you think. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »
Because many can go over state lines and register in other states, time absantee ballots to conflict with same day reg.   There are so many voting scams out there its not even funny. 

Its far more prevelent than you think. 

Maine had same day registration for 38 years and had 2 instances of voter fraud

It's a bullshit argument to hide blatant attempt at voter suppression

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »
this does give some credence to the theory that the tea paryt has lost a bit of its steam.

they didn't demolish anything in 2011 like they did in 2010.

"A mixed result" seems to be what everyone is saying.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »

Well, it seems to me that most of the libs here are so focused on whether or not 33 says something the wrong way or some other stupid minute little issue....there's just no time for other stuff.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »
it's easier to attack someone for shit they said 5 years ago, than address what they just posted.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
Pretty much a majority of conservative racist ideologues on getbig. 

Fixed for the absolute truth :)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »
it's easier to attack someone for shit they said 5 years ago, than address what they just posted.

When your opinions and arguments change with the direction of the wind, that kind of thing is bound to come up.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 04:26:20 PM »
Well, it seems to me that most of the libs here are so focused on whether or not 33 says something the wrong way or some other stupid minute little issue....there's just no time for other stuff.

??

All I asked was why no one had made any posts about these stories but then later I saw that Benny had posted about them on the G&O booard (not sure why he chose that board instead of this one)

I never mentioned 333 in my original post on this thread

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 05:29:24 PM »
lol @ this thread.   :)