Author Topic: Did Phosphagen HP have steroids in it when it first came out?  (Read 17292 times)

Purge_WTF

Re: Did Phosphagen HP have steroids in it when it first came out?
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »
Hell I remember when superdrol came out, it was suppose to be the next best thing since M1T became banned, they announce that superdrol HAD NO SIDE EFFECT, and was not liver toxic at all lol.  And the direction on bottles was, take 1-3 caps per day, 90 caps per bottle, thats all it said

Guys on the Bodybuilding.com message boards were saying that it sent their cholesterol through the roof.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2020, 12:14:43 PM »
Ultimate Orange original would completely dissolve when you used a spoon to stir it in water, except for these little tiny "seed" things floating in it.  The formula once it was mysteriously changed didn't dissolve very much, instead it clumped up and there were no "seeds" in it.  The rumor that it had dbol in it was because it flat out worked.  However, I don't think it was dbol, I think it was one of the very first products to use a prohormone base (possibly tbol)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2020, 12:38:34 PM »
Ultimate Orange original would completely dissolve when you used a spoon to stir it in water, except for these little tiny "seed" things floating in it.  The formula once it was mysteriously changed didn't dissolve very much, instead it clumped up and there were no "seeds" in it.  The rumor that it had dbol in it was because it flat out worked.  However, I don't think it was dbol, I think it was one of the very first products to use a prohormone base (possibly tbol)
Pretty sure the original Ultimate Orange had meth in it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2020, 01:37:58 PM »
Pretty sure the original Ultimate Orange had meth in it.

I don't know.  Lots of paramedics I know used it.  They are drug tested pretty regular.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
I don't think Ultimate Orange had anything spiking it, it was just way overdosed. I found a medical study of over the counter ephedra products, and it was something like 2 - 2.5x the labeled dosage which was already high. I remember buying it in the 90's, and it was just like someone poured a ton of open Diet Fuel capsules into Tang.

Edit -

The Ultimate Orange label recipe -

Ultimate Orange -

Carbohydrates - 16g
Protein - 25g
MaHuang shooting for a standardization of 8% - 415mg (about 33mg of Ephedrine)
Caffeine was around 300mg in the form of Gurana.

----------------------

Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Vol. 28, April 2004

Concentrations of Ephedra Alkaloids and Caffeine in
Commercial Dietary Supplements

That's the study I mentioned.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »
Ultimate Orange was strong. Remember using it in 98 or so. You were never going to have a weak workout on that.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2020, 05:16:45 PM »
The phospagen hp came in a fruit punch flavor and also a vanilla and chocolate. My arms were achy and felt water logged superpumped with stretch marks lol
A

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2020, 07:30:00 PM »
I never had a chance to take it

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
Re: did phosphagen hp have steroids in it?
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2020, 08:56:29 PM »
Many marketers were a little more then shady in the 80s and early 90s.

A few old timers swore by "Ultimate Orange". They said it made them strong and put on a good amount of muscle mass in a short period of time. Purportedly, it contained dianabol.

Ultimate orange-loved that shit! The old formula anyway.

Guys i ran a max muscle for several years and let me tell you price wise retail markup starts at 80%  we were paying 8-10$ for a box of halodrol or tren extreme (much less when products were discontinued or close to expiring) and selling for 85$ all day long (when products would get banned we would get 150 each all day.)

I have since walked away from the supp industry in general. You hardly get your moneys worth even buying online.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »
Phosphagen hp and cell tech were amazing i have stretch marks to this day i put weight on so fast taking them. And that was YEARS ago.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2020, 02:40:20 AM »
How did Gasprari get away with doing it?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2020, 03:14:17 AM »
Lol I took Phosphagen HP when I was first starting out .. that was great but I can't remember what the listed ingredients were now

I took Ultimate Orange one time before a football game and damn near crapped my pants. God that stuff was rough!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2020, 03:29:59 AM »
Lol I took Phosphagen HP when I was first starting out .. that was great but I can't remember what the listed ingredients were now

I took Ultimate Orange one time before a football game and damn near crapped my pants. God that stuff was rough!!
The first time I took Ultimate Orange I crushed my previous bench record so hard I had to check the weights to make sure I counted the plates right.  I think I was as close to a psychotic break as a person can get and my heart was beating out of my chest.  Crazy shit.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »
The first time I took Ultimate Orange I crushed my previous bench record so hard I had to check the weights to make sure I counted the plates right.  I think I was as close to a psychotic break as a person can get and my heart was beating out of my chest.  Crazy shit.

That sounds about right. When I used it in 1996, it made my right arm wiggle and twitch involuntarily. I used to take a nap on the bus, going to the gym. But, with UO, my arm would feel cold and wiggle on its own. By the time I got to the gym, I had a massive headache. It felt as if someone was squeezing my head, while blasting me in the face with a hair-dryer.

I didn't want to throw it away (especially considering how much it cost back then); but, I could hardly take using it. It may have taken me two months to get rid of it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2020, 09:56:53 AM »
The phospagen hp came in a fruit punch flavor and also a vanilla and chocolate. My arms were achy and felt water logged superpumped with stretch marks lol

I think you have the products mixed up. Phosphagen HP was the creatine drink that tasted like Kool-Aid, just creatine and dextrose. PhosphaGAIN was the protein powder (milk-and-egg based) with creatine in it. That mess cost $80 back in the day. Now, you can get protein powder with creatine from Wal-Mart for $10-$15.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2020, 10:04:08 AM »
That sounds about right. When I used it in 1996, it made my right arm wiggle and twitch involuntarily. I used to take a nap on the bus, going to the gym. But, with UO, my arm would feel cold and wiggle on its own. By the time I got to the gym, I had a massive headache. It felt as if someone was squeezing my head, while blasting me in the face with a hair-dryer.

I didn't want to throw it away (especially considering how much it cost back then); but, I could hardly take using it. It may have taken me two months to get rid of it.
I cut my dosage in half after that first time.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2020, 10:05:00 AM »
I think you have the products mixed up. Phosphagen HP was the creatine drink that tasted like Kool-Aid, just creatine and dextrose. PhosphaGAIN was the protein powder (milk-and-egg based) with creatine in it. That mess cost $80 back in the day. Now, you can get protein powder with creatine from Wal-Mart for $10-$15.
I think it was grape flavored and tasted really good especially for supplements.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2020, 10:06:16 AM »
Best tasting protein powder back in the day was the Triple Threat that Paul (George Spellwin) released over on Elitefitness.  That tasted exactly like yoohoo chocolate drinks.  Thing was, that the sugar content was wayyyyyyyyy higher than the label claimed.  Had a big scandal over it with the members.

And what was the vanilla protein powder that came in the metal can, you had to open with a can opener?  It was super sweet like drinking vanilla extract and milk.  It was either the cybergenics protein powder brand or that brand that had the little molecule on the label (Optibal or something like that)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2020, 10:07:44 AM »
I think it was grape flavored and tasted really good especially for supplements.

The first time I used it, I got the fruit-punch. That was $60 back then. Now, it's $15 at Wal-Mart.

Although, as you may remember, I used to get the big 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH on clearance (in the mid-2000s) for $16.  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2020, 10:12:33 AM »
The first time I used it, I got the fruit-punch. That was $60 back then. Now, it's $15 at Wal-Mart.

Although, as you may remember, I used to get the big 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH on clearance (in the mid-2000s) for $16.  ;D
If I remember right, before Phosphagen HP came out Bill Phillips was telling people to take grape juice with creatine because it was delivered faster to the cells (I guess because of the sugar).  I took their advice until HP came out and just took the grape flavor.

After taking CELL-TECH I'm surprised I couldn't qualify for the Olympia that year with the 9,678,578,983.997% better absorption rate.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2020, 10:13:40 AM »
Best tasting protein powder back in the day was the Triple Threat that Paul (George Spellwin) released over on Elitefitness.  That tasted exactly like yoohoo chocolate drinks.  Thing was, that the sugar content was wayyyyyyyyy higher than the label claimed.  Had a big scandal over it with the members.

And what was the vanilla protein powder that came in the metal can, you had to open with a can opener?  It was super sweet like drinking vanilla extract and milk.  It was either the cybergenics protein powder brand or that brand that had the little molecule on the label (Optibal or something like that)

OH MAN!! I can't quite remember the name of that product. But, I've seen it before, in my old magazines.

As for me, the best-tasting protein powder I've had is a toss-up, between the old Meso-Tech from MuscleTech (strawberry) and the Strawberry-Milkshake flavor of Optimum Nutrition's Nitro Core 24.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2020, 10:16:09 AM »
If I remember right, before Phosphagen HP came out Bill Phillips was telling people to take grape juice with creatine because it was delivered faster to the cells (I guess because of the sugar).  I took their advice until HP came out and just took the grape flavor.

Yep. Plus, grape juice helped mask the gritty and bitter taste of creatine. Grape juice is 60% dextrose; so it made sense, at the time.

After taking CELL-TECH I'm surprised I couldn't qualify for the Olympia that year with the 9,678,578,983.997% better absorption rate.

Well, the late Greg Kovacs took it too. You could have, AT LEAST, won the Universe, though!!  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2020, 10:42:00 AM »
Yep. Plus, grape juice helped mask the gritty and bitter taste of creatine. Grape juice is 60% dextrose; so it made sense, at the time.

Well, the late Greg Kovacs took it too. You could have, AT LEAST, won the Universe, though!!  ;D
The first time I took creatine was early in the morning before work and it was with grape juice.  Before I got to work I knew I was in trouble.  I spent half the day in the shitter.  No one told me diarrhea was a possible side effect.

By the full page ads in the magazines we all should have been 400 lbs of ripped muscle.  Planet Earth should have had a new breed of human in bodybuilders who took CELL-TECH.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2020, 01:11:43 PM »
OH MAN!! I can't quite remember the name of that product. But, I've seen it before, in my old magazines.

As for me, the best-tasting protein powder I've had is a toss-up, between the old Meso-Tech from MuscleTech (strawberry) and the Strawberry-Milkshake flavor of Optimum Nutrition's Nitro Core 24.

Actually, right after typing my previous post, I went online and tried to find old issues online of Flex or Musclemag International to look the product up in the ads.  I couldn't find anything.  Tried the pirate bay as well.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »
The first time I took creatine was early in the morning before work and it was with grape juice.  Before I got to work I knew I was in trouble.  I spent half the day in the shitter.  No one told me diarrhea was a possible side effect.

By the full page ads in the magazines we all should have been 400 lbs of ripped muscle.  Planet Earth should have had a new breed of human in bodybuilders who took CELL-TECH.

You only get the mega-gains the first time you load with it. I'm an ectomorph; I only expected to be 300 lbs of ripped muscle.  ;D

But, I am having fun, attempting to replicate old MuscleTech supplements from the late 90s and early 2000s. Cell-Tech, Acetabolan, and Anotesten are easy (now that the primary ingredients are dirt cheap these days).