Author Topic: Did Phosphagen HP have steroids in it when it first came out?  (Read 17600 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Did Phosphagen HP have steroids in it when it first came out?
« on: November 11, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »

Did Phosphagen HP have steroids in it when it first came out?

what are your thoughts
A

yates fan

• Getbig III
Re: did phosphagen hp have steroids in it?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
i have heard this asked about a lot of products that were better when they first came out,i think as with lots of products it was better quality wise when first intrduced,then after they started makin money it was all about mass producing at cheapest cost.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:31:51 PM »
Bill Phillips = huge fraud and big Steroid dealer before the EAS shit so would not be surprised in the least..

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »
as i mentioned in your other thread, thats what i remember hearing. not hard to see why...even if you take a loss on the first batch, word of mouth spreads. then you sell creatine and sugar for the next two decades at an absurd price. genius, really.

dustin

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »
as i mentioned in your other thread, thats what i remember hearing. not hard to see why...even if you take a loss on the first batch, word of mouth spreads. then you sell creatine and sugar for the next two decades at an absurd price. genius, really.

There was zero regulation on the industry at that time, and considering how bad these snake oil salesmen are I have absolutely no doubts at all. They probably all did shady stuff like this. There are a few good companies out there, but the unfortunately thing is that most supplements aren't worth a 10th of their retail cost. They may work well on paper but in real life they do close to nothing and cost way too much.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »
Remember when it first came out along with Phosphagen, you had to open the paint can with a can opener...how things have changed.

BE/SEE/ACT/REAMAIN POSITIVE...GETBIG DEPENDS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ipne

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 05:48:40 PM »
i'm a huge believer in hmb. so much so when i'm asked if i juice i have to pause before i say "no".

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »
Bill Phillips = huge fraud and big Steroid dealer before the EAS shit so would not be surprised in the least..

Many marketers were a little more then shady in the 80s and early 90s.

A few old timers swore by "Ultimate Orange". They said it made them strong and put on a good amount of muscle mass in a short period of time. Purportedly, it contained dianabol.

dustin

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »
i'm a huge believer in hmb. so much so when i'm asked if i juice i have pause before i say "no".

;D

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 12:04:58 AM »
I used to see it in the mags  a lot.  They must have sold a lot of that stuff to young teens.

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 12:13:27 AM »
did phosphagen hp have steroids in it?

No
Team Schering Oss NL

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 12:56:44 AM »
I doubt it, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.  A lot of the "pro-hormones" out back then were actually just orals.  I used this stuff from ISS 19-nor-andro and 4-beta-diol and if they were not fucking nandrolone and dbol then I don't know what they were!

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 02:09:44 AM »
There was zero regulation on the industry at that time, and considering how bad these snake oil salesmen are I have absolutely no doubts at all. They probably all did shady stuff like this. There are a few good companies out there, but the unfortunately thing is that most supplements aren't worth a 10th of their retail cost. They may work well on paper but in real life they do close to nothing and cost way too much.

"There are a few good companies out there, but the unfortunately thing is that most supplements aren't worth a 10th of their retail cost. They may work well on paper but in real life they do close to nothing and cost way too much."...Agreed

whitewidow

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 02:20:10 AM »
the best natural I have ever seen has never used anything except EAS phosphagen and he seriously looks like he is juiced to the gills but swears that is all he takes and I believe him as he does not know shit about roids and hates steroid users. he also hates rec drugs. this dude has more people ask him for advice when he works out a hour workout takes him like 1.5 hr workout so many people ask him questions. all he does is lift everyday. never been to the gym between 4PM and 6Pm and have not seen him there and he is there on the weekends too. I asked him about steroids and he said he had a friend try anadrol and had a bad experience the guy got sick in like 2 days he thinks gear is for the weak. I dont agree with alot of what he says but he definately owns everybody in the gym ,just off of EAS phosphagen , multivitamins and a post workout meal replacement product made by EAS. He looks like he is on HGH , Tren, EQ and Test prop but in actuality he is clean. I cant prove he is clean but after knowing him for 10 years I do believe he is clean,he is not the lying type. He just works out harder than anybody in the gym. I admit he works out harder than me. spends more time in the gym thats for sure he dosn't even take one day off. maybe there was steroids in that phosphagen because I cant believe this dude looks so jacked and thats the shit he uses.if it dosn't have steroids in it has to be a great product works magic for this dude I know.

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 03:38:55 AM »
the best natural I have ever seen has never used anything except EAS phosphagen and he seriously looks like he is juiced to the gills but swears that is all he takes and I believe him as he does not know shit about roids and hates steroid users. he also hates rec drugs. this dude has more people ask him for advice when he works out a hour workout takes him like 1.5 hr workout so many people ask him questions. all he does is lift everyday. never been to the gym between 4PM and 6Pm and have not seen him there and he is there on the weekends too. I asked him about steroids and he said he had a friend try anadrol and had a bad experience the guy got sick in like 2 days he thinks gear is for the weak. I dont agree with alot of what he says but he definately owns everybody in the gym ,just off of EAS phosphagen , multivitamins and a post workout meal replacement product made by EAS. He looks like he is on HGH , Tren, EQ and Test prop but in actuality he is clean. I cant prove he is clean but after knowing him for 10 years I do believe he is clean,he is not the lying type. He just works out harder than anybody in the gym. I admit he works out harder than me. spends more time in the gym thats for sure he dosn't even take one day off. maybe there was steroids in that phosphagen because I cant believe this dude looks so jacked and thats the shit he uses.if it dosn't have steroids in it has to be a great product works magic for this dude I know.
These hard workers are the first to realize they will never look good without AAS, you live in USA steroids are very common i bet 99% of the gyms have at least 1 person who's using AAS and as for the look you described on him there is no way he's clean and probably just using what you mentioned..

I know a guy that look like he's juicing, but im sure he's clean just because he simply doesn't care much he is working out about twice a week in a good week, and when he does workout he will talk on the phone every few mins.
He barely eats because he doesn't have enough money nor time for stable diet, he can't commit to AAS simply because he doesn't have his own place he's rotating between his gf's apartments, he's training form isn't strict at all (he will take the heaviest DB's for curls and will use everything but the arms to keep on with the movement)

One time i asked him if he want to take it more srsly and compete, but i told him the he will need to take AAS at some point so he said " Hell no i don't want my dick to shrink"
and you know what ? with all of the above he looks better than 95% of the gym rats i see around and he 's growing and getting stronger constantly.

Still even with he's good genetics he does not have any 3d look, hell is less than 200lb on over 6ft and im sure that fixing his diet, training, routine etc... will only take him this far, yet he will never look like the 'natural competitors' lairs mentioned on GB every week.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 08:32:38 AM »

Whats shady about working within the regulations and laws of the time?  A seasoned supplement user knows what to spend and what not to spend money on.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »
I doubt it, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.  A lot of the "pro-hormones" out back then were actually just orals.  I used this stuff from ISS 19-nor-andro and 4-beta-diol and if they were not fucking nandrolone and dbol then I don't know what they were!

I'll tell you something- about 2 years after I started working out I did the tribulus/dhea/androstendeone stack from EAS. looking back I felt a lot then like I do now when I'm using anavar.
b

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
Re: Did Phosphagen HP have steroids in it when it first came out?
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »
I used phosphagen as soon as it came out.  The first month, i used to get such intense cramps on my calves, from walking on the street, that i literally had to stop walking and take a break.  I also put on 9lbs of bodyweight in the first 10days.  I still take Creatine but from any brand.  I feel it after a few days but never like it was in those days. 

If they had steroids in them then consider me a big time juicer. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:27 AM »
i'm a huge believer in hmb. so much so when i'm asked if i juice i have to pause before i say "no".

;D ;D ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 01:17:16 PM »
I used phosphagen as soon as it came out.  The first month, i used to get such intense cramps on my calves, from walking on the street, that i literally had to stop walking and take a break.  I also put on 9lbs of bodyweight in the first 10days.  I still take Creatine but from any brand.  I feel it after a few days but never like it was in those days. 

same here i got intense pumps in my arms it seemed unnatural  :-\
A

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 01:38:09 PM »
Phosphagen had a tremendous amount of marketing behind it (MetRx was the marketing model for all EAS products that came after it).  I don't think phosphagen contained roids, but I am 99% sure the first few batches of 'Hot Stuff' did. 

I also feel that 'Ultimate Orange' contained special ingredient(s).

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 02:44:35 PM »
Original Ultimate Orange contined ephedrine and was like taking Speed. You were alert for 48 hours at a time and desperate to train. It had several ingredients banned by the IOC. In the UK it was a "grey" suppliment available in the old Weider shops for a while before being banned completely.
The new version which replaced it was junk.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
Original Ultimate Orange contined ephedrine and was like taking Speed. You were alert for 48 hours at a time and desperate to train. It had several ingredients banned by the IOC. In the UK it was a "grey" suppliment available in the old Weider shops for a while before being banned completely.
The new version which replaced it was junk.

I remember one of our huge lineman a beast of a man was constantly drinking that  ultimate orange crap. He almost had a heartattack during one of our two a day practices. We were running hills and he past out and was having a hard time breathing.

I took all that creatine crap it never did anything for me. Ten mg of dbol a day is better than that garbage.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »
I remember one of our huge lineman a beast of a man was constantly drinking that  ultimate orange crap. He almost had a heartattack during one of our two a day practices. We were running hills and he past out and was having a hard time breathing.

I took all that creatine crap it never did anything for me. Ten mg of dbol a day is better than that garbage.
there ya go,,,

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 06:09:29 PM »

That shit was like 80 dollars when it first came out but that the best creatine I've ever used. You could feel yourself pumping up. Very noticeable in the shoulder and traps on me. Never had that reaction again even with the "German" creatine they used to push so heavily.