Author Topic: Rewind 3 weeks, Herman Cain comes clean...  (Read 3066 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rewind 3 weeks, Herman Cain comes clean...
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:32:24 PM »
Cain is losing a chunk of women voters, and his lead in Iowa and other places is slipping.  It appears that while some people are throwing money at him cause they hate the media, the confidence in him is waning.

Since most know the charges are bogus, it has to be the HANDLING of the charges by Cain that voters didn't like.

What if, in the 11 days that politco was bugging him about it, he had decided to come clean with a brief statement like:

"Look, there are times in my life where my zest for life, joy in others, and perhaps flirtatiousness may have led to misunderstandings.  In a few cases, this led to people becoming upset and taking advantage by making claims and well, it just made sense to pay them off instead of risking bigger settlements.  That was 15 years ago, when Obama was snorting coke and Romney was passing dem law and Perry was stone drunk hunting at ***-head with his family, so I don't want to hear any jibber jabber from them about it.   For the rest of you Americans, hey, I'm sorry about all that and it taught me to stay focused on fixing problems with my country and avoiding talking too much to people with a history of making things up!  Now, someone pass me that 9-9-9 plan and let's talk brass tacks!"

Would have have pre-emptively pwned the accusers and any candidates trying to hate on him for it.  Cain would be the next POTUS. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Rewind 3 weeks, Herman Cain comes clean...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 06:56:40 AM »
33, what do you think?  Did Cain handle this poorly?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »
Cain is losing a chunk of women voters, and his lead in Iowa and other places is slipping.  It appears that while some people are throwing money at him cause they hate the media, the confidence in him is waning.

Since most know the charges are bogus, it has to be the HANDLING of the charges by Cain that voters didn't like.

What if, in the 11 days that politco was bugging him about it, he had decided to come clean with a brief statement like:

"Look, there are times in my life where my zest for life, joy in others, and perhaps flirtatiousness may have led to misunderstandings.  In a few cases, this led to people becoming upset and taking advantage by making claims and well, it just made sense to pay them off instead of risking bigger settlements.  That was 15 years ago, when Obama was snorting coke and Romney was passing dem law and Perry was stone drunk hunting at ***-head with his family, so I don't want to hear any jibber jabber from them about it.   For the rest of you Americans, hey, I'm sorry about all that and it taught me to stay focused on fixing problems with my country and avoiding talking too much to people with a history of making things up!  Now, someone pass me that 9-9-9 plan and let's talk brass tacks!"

Would have have pre-emptively pwned the accusers and any candidates trying to hate on him for it.  Cain would be the next POTUS. 

How is that "coming clean"? What you keep forgetting is that Cain had NOTHING TO DO with the severance payments/"settlements" those women got. Furthermore, we still don't know what Cain supposedly did to Kraushaar or the other woman from NRA.

Why isn't Politico looking into the reason why Kraushaar has (all of a sudden) decided to clam up, despite she and her lawyer declaring for a week and a half that she wants to talk?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 07:52:45 AM »
How is that "coming clean"? What you keep forgetting is that Cain had NOTHING TO DO with the severance payments/"settlements" those women got. Furthermore, we still don't know what Cain supposedly did to Kraushaar or the other woman from NRA.

Why isn't Politico looking into the reason why Kraushaar has (all of a sudden) decided to clam up, despite she and her lawyer declaring for a week and a half that she wants to talk?

He knew about them - knew details of the negotiation & that they got less than they asked.

But he told the cameras he was not even aware of them.

That lie there < Coming clean immediately.  In my opinion.  But ask Newt - he's now in 2nd place in the McClatchy poll, and Cain is in 3rd.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »

Damn MCCWAY, is Cain paying you to defend him on here? I swear you probably logged in more hours then his actual legal team. Listen buddy, the cassette tapes he sends you of his gospel singing aren't going to be worth anything, ever. Go spend some time with your family before it's too late.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18:49 AM »

Damn MCCWAY, is Cain paying you to defend him on here? I swear you probably logged in more hours then his actual legal team. Listen buddy, the cassette tapes he sends you of his gospel singing aren't going to be worth anything, ever. Go spend some time with your family before it's too late.

What are you talking about? I don't have any gospel tapes of Cain. Cain's getting a raw deal, in my view. But, I don't see you complaining about the login hours of Cain's critics.

He knew about them - knew details of the negotiation & that they got less than they asked.

That lie there < Coming clean immediately.  In my opinion.  But ask Newt - he's now in 2nd place in the McClatchy poll, and Cain is in 3rd.

That's not a lie, 240, as has been explained to you several times. Cain was gone when these women got their SEVERANCE DEALS. A former NRA official backed Cain's story by claiming that, since the matter was so trivial, it never went beyond the HR department (or he would have seen it).

I cited the CBS story that backs that up. But, just in case your memory is short:

The settlement agreement between the National Restaurant Association and a woman who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment was reached in September 1999--and was not signed by Cain himself, according to Joel Bennett, a lawyer for the woman.

Bennett, who has a copy of the settlement agreement, said four people signed it: the woman, two lawyers representing the association and Bennett himself.

Bennett said the agreement was resolved relatively quickly, about two or three months after she complained.

That means it may have been reached after Cain left the association, and Bennett said it's conceivable that Cain didn't even know about it.

Bennett also told CBS News Friday morning he is hoping to issue a public statement reaffirming the accuser's claim within hours, if the restaurant group agrees to ease the confidentiality agreement that was part of the deal.

Bennett plans to issue the statement in his name, not in his client's name. It will not identify her, nor will it detail specific events of sexual harassment or the amount of settlement.

"It will insist the complaints were in good faith, and she's going to stand by her complaints," Bennett told CBS News. "It's her response to Herman Cain's statements that the complaints are baseless."

Cain left the association June 30, 1999, according to the NRA. Under that timeline, Cain would have been gone when the settlement was reached--and may well have been gone when she filed the complaint.

Cain has insisted he only knew of one complaint, and says he knew of no legal settlements--only what he calls a severance agreement with one woman. This timeline could well bolster his claims.

When Cain ran to represent Georgia in the Senate four years later, he told his advisers there was one complaint against him at the Restaurant Association, and that it was "baseless." One former staffer on the Senate campaign told CBS News that he and other advisers in the campaign knew about that complaint and believed it was meritless, but thought it could crop up in possible opposition research.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57318500-503544/cain-did-not-sign-settlement-accusers-lawyer-says/

Bennett said Wednesday that Kraushaar, who has worked in communications for the federal government since her departure from the association, complained in 1999 of multiple incidents of alleged sexual harassment by Cain.

The restaurant association said it investigated the accusations at the time and Cain denied them, Bennett noted. However, he said an internal investigation by the association of alleged wrongdoing by its president was likely to have been less effective than an outside investigation would have been.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/09/politics/cain-allegations/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

So, Bennett acknowledged that Cain didn't sign any settlement or severance deal (after accusing Cain of breaking the confidentiality clause). And, he also acknowledged that, while thought an internal investigation was likely less effective than an external one, the NRA investigation CLEARED Cain of those charges.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
Press conference, he said he had no knowledge of any settlements, and he hoped they didnt get any money.

a few hours later, he 'recalled' that they did get money, but it wasn't as much as they wanted.

SO he lied at the press conference when he said he didnt know.  He knew.

Defend him, that's cool.  Attack the liars, i'm cool with that.  But he lied - ya gotta admit that much?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 08:57:09 AM »
Press conference, he said he had no knowledge of any settlements, and he hoped they didnt get any money.

a few hours later, he 'recalled' that they did get money, but it wasn't as much as they wanted.

SO he lied at the press conference when he said he didnt know.  He knew.

Defend him, that's cool.  Attack the liars, i'm cool with that.  But he lied - ya gotta admit that much?

Hardly. Cain said he got severance deals, not legal settlements for sexual harassment. And his story checks.

He wasn't there, when they got their deals. And his name wasn't part of the deal, acknowledged by Kraushaar's lawyer as was Cain's being cleared.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »
Hardly. Cain said he got severance deals, not legal settlements for sexual harassment.

But he knew the "severence deals" had to do with his sexual harassment.

You're buying into severance deal and legal settlements being different thing - when the severnce deal WAS the legal settlement.

I didn't know he had a car, but I am very sure he had a 2007 Ford F-150.   kinda like that.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
But he knew the "severence deals" had to do with his sexual harassment.

You're buying into severance deal and legal settlements being different thing - when the severnce deal WAS the legal settlement.

I didn't know he had a car, but I am very sure he had a 2007 Ford F-150.   kinda like that.

What sexual harassment? Cain was cleared of any wrongdoing. Even Kraushaar's lawyer acknowledged that. IF the severance deal had anything to do with Cain, why does the agreement NOT HAVE CAIN'S NAME anywhere on it?

If the investigation was done and he got cleared, who cares what his accusers got after the situation was resolved. And, there's the issue you keep ducking, namely why Kraushaar got a mere $46,000 if this were indeed a harassment settlement (and why she has yet, after nearly two weeks, to tell what Cain supposedly did)?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »
Then there's this little matter.

Based upon the information currently available, we can confirm that more than a decade ago, in July 1999, Mr. Bennett’s client filed a formal internal complaint, in accordance with the Association’s existing policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment. Mr. Herman Cain disputed the allegations in the complaint.

The Association and Mr. Bennett’s client subsequently entered into an agreement to resolve the matter, without any admission of liability. Mr. Cain was not a party to that agreement. The agreement contains mutual confidentiality obligations. Notwithstanding the Association’s ongoing policy of maintaining the privacy of all personnel matters, we have advised Mr. Bennett that we are willing to waive the confidentiality of this matter and permit Mr. Bennett’s client to comment. As indicated in Mr. Bennett’s statement, his client prefers not to be further involved with this matter and we will respect her decision.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/04/cain-accuser-stands-by-her-complaint/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 03:24:33 PM »
Sharon Bialek’s Fiancé Belatedly Remembers He’s Not Her Fiancé
Hot Air ^ | November 12, 2011 | The Other McCain
Posted on November 12, 2011 4:01:02 PM EST by 2ndDivisionVet

Things that make you go “hmmmm.”

A northwest suburban man says he needs to clear the air after coming to the support of his fiancee, who accuses GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain of making a sexual play for her.

For starters, Sharon Bialek isn’t his fiancee, said Mark Harwood in an exclusive interview on Wednesday night. “We were engaged last year in June but I think there have been some assumptions that Sharon still lives here in Mundelein with me” Harwood told the I-Team. “Sharon and her son moved out in February of this year and now live in their own home … so effectively we’re no longer engaged.”

On Monday, when Ms. Bialek was the first of Cain’s alleged groping victim’s to go public, Harwood was contacted by news organizations trying to find out information about her. He did numerous interviews during which he was referred to as her fiancé. “I made reference to the fact that we were engaged and got engaged last June, 2010 and I think the assumption then-we were still engaged. I think most people seemed to be under the belief that Sharon lived [in my house] but she’s not here.”

Here’s video of the interview:

(VIDEO AT LINK)

I don’t know if this has any particular significance, but for several days the media wanted the world to think Sharon Bialek was engaged to this guy, because that seemed to undercut suggestions she might be in it for money, e.g., Ben Smith at Politico:

In fact, per the Tribune, she’s living with her fiance, described as an executive in the medical equipment industry, in “a large, five-bedroom home… in north suburban Mundelein.”

He was described as her fiancé in the lead of an Associated Press article citing him as corroboration of Bialek’s account (although he didn’t know her in 1997 and says she never told him about it until Nov. 4). It was Thursday before WLS-TV got this interview, so that little bit of misinformation got corrected by the local ABC station in Chicago, three crucial days after it had been widely reported and woven into the media narrative as evidence of Bialek’s credibility.

Like I said: Things that make you go “hmmmm.”

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »

A northwest suburban man says he needs to clear the air after coming to the support of his fiancee, who accuses GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain of making a sexual play for her.

For starters, Sharon Bialek isn’t his fiancee, said Mark Harwood in an exclusive interview on Wednesday night. “We were engaged last year in June but I think there have been some assumptions that Sharon still lives here in Mundelein with me” Harwood told the I-Team. “Sharon and her son moved out in February of this year and now live in their own home … so effectively we’re no longer engaged.”

On Monday, when Ms. Bialek was the first of Cain’s alleged groping victim’s to go public, Harwood was contacted by news organizations trying to find out information about her. He did numerous interviews during which he was referred to as her fiancé. “I made reference to the fact that we were engaged and got engaged last June, 2010 and I think the assumption then-we were still engaged. I think most people seemed to be under the belief that Sharon lived [in my house] but she’s not here.”

(VIDEO AT LINK)

I don’t know if this has any particular significance, but for several days the media wanted the world to think Sharon Bialek was engaged to this guy, because that seemed to undercut suggestions she might be in it for money, e.g., Ben Smith at Politico:

In fact, per the Tribune, she’s living with her fiance, described as an executive in the medical equipment industry, in “a large, five-bedroom home… in north suburban Mundelein.”

He was described as her fiancé in the lead of an Associated Press article citing him as corroboration of Bialek’s account (although he didn’t know her in 1997 and says she never told him about it until Nov. 4). It was Thursday before WLS-TV got this interview, so that little bit of misinformation got corrected by the local ABC station in Chicago, three crucial days after it had been widely reported and woven into the media narrative as evidence of Bialek’s credibility.

Gee....I wonder why Kraushaar doesn't want to do her press conference by herself or with just her and Bialek.  ::)

The instant Bialek showed up with Gloria Allred, the "gold-digger" alarm started blowing up in many people's minds.

Bialek having a well-to-fiance' was supposed to negate that (BTW, Harwood's ex-wife claims he's on the brink of bankruptcy).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »

(VIDEO AT LINK)

The media didn't do its homework before putting her story on blast?  Shocking.   ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »
Of course, the media isn't asking why Kraushaar took a mere $46,000 in (what she calls) a harassment settlement, when she could have raked in some major cash, if Cain is the "monster" she claims he is. Average haul was $300,000 back in the 90s, with a 67% rate of judgments going for the plaintiffs.

And, despite being cleared by NRA a week and a half ago, she still ain't saying what Cain supposedly did. Nor, does she want to do her presser by herself of with Bialek. If the anonymous girls don't show, she won't talk.

What do they have to do with what Cain supposedly did to Kraushaar?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »
Of course, the media isn't asking why Kraushaar took a mere $46,000 in (what she calls) a harassment settlement, when she could have raked in some major cash, if Cain is the "monster" she claims he is. Average haul was $300,000 back in the 90s, with a 67% rate of judgments going for the plaintiffs.

And, despite being cleared by NRA a week and a half ago, she still ain't saying what Cain supposedly did. Nor, does she want to do her presser by herself of with Bialek. If the anonymous girls don't show, she won't talk.

What do they have to do with what Cain supposedly did to Kraushaar?

They have nothing to do with it. 

I'm sure Lin Wood's appearance at Cain's press conference has something to do with their her silence. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »
They have nothing to do with it. 

I'm sure Lin Wood's appearance at Cain's press conference has something to do with their her silence. 

How much longer before, conveniently of course, someone leaks the ID of the other NRA woman, to keep the legs on this story going.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »
How much longer before, conveniently of course, someone leaks the ID of the other NRA woman, to keep the legs on this story going.

No doubt.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
hahhaha using the cain defence, there will other women and they  will also  be lying :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
hahhaha using the cain defence, there will other women and they  will also  be lying :D

You apparently have trouble reading, which is almost as bad as your cowardly question-ducking (what's it been, nearly TWO WEEKS, now).

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »
let me guess god asked you to defend cain on getbig  :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »
let me guess god asked you to defend cain on getbig  :D :D :D

Nope!!!

That doesn't excuse your cowardice. But thanks for playing!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »
cain was decent tonight.  he acted more mature.  I dislike when he gets too cute-sy.  When he's asked about anything, and laughs "My 9 9 9 plan will fix that!"

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 02:11:45 AM »

That lie there < Coming clean immediately.  In my opinion.  But ask Newt - he's now in 2nd place in the McClatchy poll, and Cain is in 3rd.

exactly..how could you not know the outcome of something like this?...you don't just stick your head in the sand and hope it goes away

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 08:41:10 AM »
CEO of an organization... claims directly against him... he claimed he didn't know the outcome.  we all called BS.

then, of course, he 'recalled' the outcome a few hours later  Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.