Author Topic: Rick Perry: Cut Foreign Aid 'To Zero,' Even For Israel  (Read 2066 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rick Perry: Cut Foreign Aid 'To Zero,' Even For Israel
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:23:08 PM »
Rick Perry called for a radical new approach to American foreign aid spending in the GOP debate Saturday night, proposing that all aid be reduced "to zero," and then be re-implemented only once the country made a good case for their aid. Asked later in the night if he included Israel in that plan, Perry said he did.

I'm betting his campaign will tell him what he really thinks, and he'll release a statement tomorrow that he 'misspoke'.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Rick Perry: Cut Foreign Aid 'To Zero,' Even For Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »
And there it is.  Someone in his campaign had to explain it to him, and they had this email ready pretty quickly.  I'm starting to see a pattern that Perry doesn't really understand his positions on much.  He tries to memorize them and sometimes forgets.  This is sad - he was very clear in the debate (twice) that no country should get foreign aid.  Looks like this email 'correction' was written pretty fast. 

Perry's Camp Emails 'Clarification' On Perry's Israel Response
The Perry camp is already rolling on trying to further unpack Rick Perry’s answer about whether he would include Israel in his rethink for re-assessing all international aid budgets from zero at the beginning of the year. Here’s the clarifying email:

As Gov. Perry said during the debate, "Obviously, Israel is a special ally, and my bet is that we would be funding them at some substantial level. But it makes sense for everyone to come in at zero and make your case."

Gov. Perry is a friend to Israel and understands the challenges faced by the country. He has visited the country several times and has personal relationships with Israeli leaders. While in Israel in 2009, he was also awarded the Defender of Jerusalem Award.

Gov. Perry recognizes Israel as a unique and vital political and economic partner for the United States in the Middle East. Our mutual commitment to democracy and free market principles makes us allies in the defense of western civilization.

Gov. Perry understands Israel's security challenges, particularly the threat of Iran, and the need to work together to counter this threat. Especially after the most recent IAEA report on Iran's nuclear activity, we must not let any daylight show between our two nations.

Gov. Perry understands the need to continue to work toward a solution to the Palestinian problem, but does not believe weakening Israel is the road to peace. A strong Israel is in the best interests of the United States and the region.

Gov. Perry believes that the actions by the Palestinians to circumvent the appropriate diplomatic process and go directly to the United Nations to seek a unilateral declaration of statehood is unacceptable and a direct threat to our friend and ally, Israel.

Under Rick Perry's presidency, any consideration of Palestinian statehood will depend upon a complete recognition of Israel as a Jewish state, the total rejection of terrorism and Palestinian leaders sitting down directly with Israel to negotiate a settlement. The aid and support of the United States will be based on the Palestinians meeting these requirements.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 11:04:45 PM »
sounds like a good idea to me. 

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 11:53:28 PM »
Perry said that? What a fucking moron. Now, dont get me wrong, foreign aid DOES need to be significantly reduced, it needs to be completely eliminated for those 3rd world dictatorships who arent using it to help thier people, but to rule out aid for our allies, especially Isreal, is dumb.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »
Perry said that? What a fucking moron. Now, dont get me wrong, foreign aid DOES need to be significantly reduced, it needs to be completely eliminated for those 3rd world dictatorships who arent using it to help thier people, but to rule out aid for our allies, especially Isreal, is dumb.

What the fuck does Israel do for us?  Or any other nation for that matter.  Time to give everyone the finger.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »
Great another evangelical influenced zionist on the board...  You can't even spell Israel but you sure have a great case of why we should support them...  For being our ally they sure have been busted enough spying on us.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »
ISR is our ally in the region.  Do they exercise a shitload of influence?  sure.  But if/when we need to get serious shit done in the middle east someday, it'll be ISR that makes it possible.  They're like the guy who lives on the block with a lot of money and guns that you always wanna stay friends with, and you always invite him to your party.

Perry showed he's naive and just not ready for the job.  Would Hilary have answered "Zero"?  hell no!

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:37:11 AM »
Perry is a half spic whore for Israel.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:40:58 AM »
ISR is our ally in the region.  Do they exercise a shitload of influence?  sure.  But if/when we need to get serious shit done in the middle east someday, it'll be ISR that makes it possible.  They're like the guy who lives on the block with a lot of money and guns that you always wanna stay friends with, and you always invite him to your party.

Perry showed he's naive and just not ready for the job.  Would Hilary have answered "Zero"?  hell no!
ISR loves white American and European boys who kill themselves fighting for her (ISR's) causes. In fact what better way to hasten the death of the white European race - besides social engineering and propaganda from the presstitudes. If you're white and proud about the legacy of your forefathers then you have to realize Israel is no friend of White Europeans.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »
And there it is.  Someone in his campaign had to explain it to him, and they had this email ready pretty quickly. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
Perry isn't that smart.  Cain't ego is too big.

newt looks like the grownup on the stage, really. 

mitt just trying to say and do as little as possible and win by default!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
Start with cutting the $100 billion we've given to the IMF.

Then we can move onto the UN and the $6+ billion (23% of its yearly budget) we give to the UN every year.

Then we can move onto the countries.

ISR loves white American and European boys who kill themselves fighting for her (ISR's) causes. In fact what better way to hasten the death of the white European race - besides social engineering and propaganda from the presstitudes. If you're white and proud about the legacy of your forefathers then you have to realize Israel is no friend of White Europeans.

Europe is no friend to America.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
Start with cutting the $100 billion we've given to the IMF.

Then we can move onto the UN and the $6+ billion (23% of its yearly budget) we give to the UN every year.

Then we can move onto the countries.

Europe is no friend to America.

Post of the week!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
Perry called Cain brother TWICE yesterday during the debate.  I don't think he called any of the other candidates that word.

Herman, I love you, brother, but let me tell you something, you don’t need to have a big analysis to figure this thing out. Go to New Hampshire, where they don’t have a sales tax, and you’re fixing to give them one.

They’re not interested in 9-9-9. What they’re interested in is flatter and fairer. At the end of the week, I’m going to be laying out a plan that clearly — I’ll bump plans with you, brother, and we’ll see who has the best idea about how you get this country working again.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »
By cutting off aid to Israel, we lose the status of being in God's good Grace.  Every nation or empire that has shunned or mistreated Jews and/or Israel have fallen or been severely reduced in power....the Roman Empire, Spain, Britain, Germany, the countries of the Middle East.....and us, if we do not step up the aid and support to Israel, home of God's Chosen People and Jerusalem, the Capitol City for where the Lord Jesus Christ shall rule over His Kingdom for 1000 years.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 07:03:58 PM »
By cutting off aid to Israel, we lose the status of being in God's good Grace.  Every nation or empire that has shunned or mistreated Jews and/or Israel have fallen or been severely reduced in power....the Roman Empire, Spain, Britain, Germany, the countries of the Middle East.....and us, if we do not step up the aid and support to Israel, home of God's Chosen People and Jerusalem, the Capitol City for where the Lord Jesus Christ shall rule over His Kingdom for 1000 years.
Oh brother. So is Madoff one of God's chosen people? How can you claim a whole group as chosen? I thought all humans are created equal. That's what Jews would have you believe with their push for multiculturalism and a "dieverse" Europe. But now they are the chosen ones? All animals are equal - some are just more equal than others??

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 07:13:55 PM »
Foreign aid is 1 percent of the total budget you morons. Concentrate on cutting spending where it matters. Fuck, you people are stupid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
Foreign aid is 1 percent of the total budget you morons. Concentrate on cutting spending where it matters. Fuck, you people are stupid.

how much does Kenya get? 

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »
how much does Kenya get? 

Who gives a shit? Get a job

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:36 PM »
Who gives a shit? Get a job

Work for myself.  So again - how much does Kenya get? 

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 08:04:40 PM »
Work for myself.  So again - how much does Kenya get? 

"work for yourself"? sounds to me like "consulting" aka "living in moms basement and posting stupid shit on getbig all day  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:24 PM »
"work for yourself"? sounds to me like "consulting" aka "living in moms basement and posting stupid shit on getbig all day  ::)

Kenya gets how much?

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »
I'm not American and even if I was I probably wouldn't have voted for Obama but I hope he wins just to watch your meltdown here..It will be glorious  ;D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
Oh brother. So is Madoff one of God's chosen people? How can you claim a whole group as chosen? I thought all humans are created equal. That's what Jews would have you believe with their push for multiculturalism and a "dieverse" Europe. But now they are the chosen ones? All animals are equal - some are just more equal than others??

Relax.  I was playing John Hagee here  :P

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »
Perry is just trying to emulate Ron Paul's talking points again but he is doing a terrible job of it.

Live free or die