Author Topic: GOP Plan To Raise Your Taxes, Cut Taxes On Rich  (Read 3495 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
GOP Plan To Raise Your Taxes, Cut Taxes On Rich
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:39:03 PM »
New proposals by Republicans in Congress pretend to raise tax revenue but in fact they cut taxes on the rich and increase them on the working/middle class. The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur explains.

!

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: GOP Plan To Raise Your Taxes, Cut Taxes On Rich
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »
That's why you should vote for Ron Paul. He doesn't plan on raising anyone's taxes.  :)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:45:41 PM »
New proposals by Republicans in Congress pretend to raise tax revenue but in fact they cut taxes on the rich and increase them on the working/middle class. The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur explains.

Benny..if you only had a brain..lol

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »
Benny..if you only had a brain..lol

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

Coach, do you disagree with these charts?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »
Finally, I agree with Cenk on something... I don't think ANYONE's taxes should be raised. I say let's cut taxes for all. Wait... That's what Cenk is saying, right?  ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:00:37 PM »
Finally, I agree with Cenk on something... I don't think ANYONE's taxes should be raised. I say let's cut taxes for all. Wait... That's what Cenk is saying, right?  ;D

I think we have to keep taxes where they are for now, then once we have gotten our house back in order, lower them for all.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »
GOP walking in Jesus's footsteps, helping the poor, err I mean rich  :-\
TEAM Nasser

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »
I think we have to keep taxes where they are for now, then once we have gotten our house back in order, lower them for all.

I understand where you're coming from on the deficit/debt issue, however, econometric studies have shown that tax cuts actually reduce the debt-to-GDP ratio. Others have shown that the best way to reduce the deficit/debt is by cutting spending and not raising taxes (see Silvia Ardagna and Alberto Alesina).

If the government pursued a strong pro-growth agenda of cutting taxes and spending, along with reducing the regulatory burden, I can guarantee you that not only would economic growth be pushing 5-6% right now, but the federal government would be a on a much better fiscal path.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
I understand where you're coming from on the deficit/debt issue, however, econometric studies have shown that tax cuts actually reduce the debt-to-GDP ratio. Others have shown that the best way to reduce the deficit/debt is by cutting spending and not raising taxes (see Silvia Ardagna and Alberto Alesina).

If the government pursued a strong pro-growth agenda of cutting taxes and spending, along with reducing the regulatory burden, I can guarantee you that not only would economic growth be pushing 5-6% right now, but the federal government would be a on a much better fiscal path.

I understand that, but with our debt being so high at the moment , I feel that getting that reduced by a huge amount would be ideal.

We just can't keep on charging the credit card so to speak, that's all.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »
I understand that, but with our debt being so high at the moment , I feel that getting that reduced by a huge amount would be ideal.

We just can't keep on charging the credit card so to speak, that's all.

I understand. Some people just prefer different things... I'm a pro-growth guy and you're a deficit hawk.  :)

Speaking of which... watch out for the future. There are two disasters coming down the bipartisan pipeline: first, Washington wants to "punish" China for currency manipulation, which would in essence jack up interest rates here and second, the Fed has been pumping waaaay too much money into the economy, and it too will have to raise interest rates soon. We're in for a double whammy. It'll be interesting to see how Washington finances its deficit then...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »
I understand. Some people just prefer different things... I'm a pro-growth guy and you're a deficit hawk.  :)

Speaking of which... watch out for the future. There are two disasters coming down the bipartisan pipeline: first, Washington wants to "punish" China for currency manipulation, which would in essence jack up interest rates here and second, the Fed has been pumping waaaay too much money into the economy, and it too will have to raise interest rates soon. We're in for a double whammy. It'll be interesting to see how Washington finances its deficit then...

Yeah, I've been waiting for that hammer to fall... I have been paying attention long enough to know that interest rates can not stay where they are at... It's just impossible.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »
so do the democrats, you moron

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »

nonono! You've got it all wrong! The Democrats, well, they want to CUT taxes for the people who get more from the IRS than they pay in the first place! Duhhh  ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 04:20:23 AM »
Yes, because in your world the dems and the repubes are exactly the same. 
We've got your broken record message...only you understand politics and how the game is played.  ::)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Waiting for Romney to flip a flop
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 04:31:07 AM »
 ::)
Waiting for Romney to flip a flop
By Rachel Maddow
 -
Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:29 AM EST

Mitt Romney policy flip-flops last week alone:

(1) Payroll taxcut extension (was con, now pro)

(2) Life-begins-at-conception constitutional amendments (was pro, now con)

And as of 3PM ET Friday, he's apparently for privatizing the VA.

Start the flip-flop countdown clock? Or will he stick with this one?
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Waiting for Romney to flip a flop
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 04:35:35 AM »
he's probably going to win.  the other candidates have so much baggage, or are completely overlooked by GOP voters because they're not angry and loud enough (ron paul or huntsman).

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 04:36:47 AM »

Whudabout cutting "defense" spending on at least somehow reasonable level and nobody needs to pay more taxes  ???

Just sayin'  ::)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 04:58:34 AM »
We've got your broken record message...only you understand politics and how the game is played.  ::)

actually both reps and dems are the same! they both cater to their "demographics" and both lack a long term vision and strategy to save the USA.

Neither side seem able to articulate a fundamentally sound plan that is not based on gimmicks like "trickle down economics" or "the poor shouldn't pay".

more and more I am seeing that the US has no future..I give us 15 more years before all hell break loose. In the mean time we will just continue to fix the immediate leak and not focus on replacing the roof, if you get my analogy.

I

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 05:55:20 AM »
Who the hell would listen to Rachel Maddow?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 06:02:24 AM »
Keep it to the politics board, this shit is for WUHI threads!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 06:12:07 AM »
Who the hell would listen to Rachel Maddow?
Would Willard "Mitt" Romney be any less of a flip-flopper if the article was written by George Will or The Wall Street Journal editorial page?
!

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 06:29:55 AM »

You're avoiding the issue. You KNOW that the Democrats would end up raising taxes on everyone. They have moved too far to the left recently to even consider and REAL spending cuts.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 06:35:19 AM »
The sad thing is that the King of Flip-Floppers would be a faaaaaar better President than the disaster currently occupying the White House.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 08:34:42 AM »
You're avoiding the issue. You KNOW that the Democrats would end up raising taxes on everyone. They have moved too far to the left recently to even consider and REAL spending cuts.
This.
Benny is clearly blinded by the bipartisan bullshit.. thinking the people in charge (read: rich and powerful) have any of our best interests in mind is ludicrous, at best.

There only interest in us is our votes; then its straight back to the people that line their pockets (read: the rich and powerful)

Those in office have nothing in common with us and dont give a shit about anything other than getting us to the booths to make sure they have more time to push their agenda/line their pockets.