Author Topic: Shogun vs. Hendo predictions  (Read 7792 times)

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Shogun vs. Hendo predictions
« on: November 14, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »
I really think this is gonna be a war...can Shogun crack Hendos chin..will Hendo land that right hand??. I think this will be a standup war...Hendo won't keep Shogun on the ground...will come down to who has the better cardio. Who you got? I'm leaning towards Hendo.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Shogun vs. Hendo predictions
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »
Honestly, this is the first PPV I won't be buying this year.  Who gives a shit about two washed up old Pride fighters...
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »
Honestly, this is the first PPV I won't be buying this year.  Who gives a shit about two washed up old Pride fighters...

they should make a Wikipeda page on you. The first internet moderator who is also a troll. Interesting...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »
  they should make a Wikipeda page on you. The first internet moderator who is also a troll. Interesting...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I'm willing to bet right now that this PPV will be the worse of the entire year in terms of buys.  Let's put some money on it...
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »
I'm willing to bet right now that this PPV will be the worse of the entire year in terms of buys.  Let's put some money on it...

Shogun  is the #2 guy in the 205 lbs division and Hendo is a legend with multiple PRIDE belts who did very well in the UFC as well. This is a dream matchup to me and many others. It is better than Overeem vs Brock and any upcoming fights I can think of except for maybe Jones vs Machida. If the UFC had any fans in Asia, this would be the biggest PPV buy ever. Both are gods in Japan and Korea and are very popular in Europe as well. What you said reveals only the ignorance of American fans and is not testament to how good Shogun and Hendo are.

You know nothing of MMA, idiot. Go watch your hero GSP smother another can for 5 rounds like he always does or Tito who can't even beat one-dimensional wrestlers like Rashad. You are an UFC fanboy through and through. Your worship of everything UFC is pathetic and smells like a female groupie. It must be really painful to you that PRIDE fighters won all main card fights at UFC 134 beating all the UFC cans like Forrest Griffin.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »
henderson is a living legend fuk randy, chuck and tito

the man fought all comers from middle to heavy

the man aint washed up

big head tits ortiz and chucky and the american fraud couture are washed up couldnt hang with the big boys no more

the man came into mma with his wrestling base and his right hand and look what he accomplished and still is accomplishing

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
  Shogun  is the #2 guy in the 205 lbs division and Hendo is a legend with multiple PRIDE belts who did very well in the UFC as well. This is a dream matchup to me and many others. It is better than Overeem vs Brock and any upcoming fights I can think of except for maybe Jones vs Machida. If the UFC had any fans in Asia, this would be the biggest PPV buy ever. Both are gods in Japan and Korea and are very popular in Europe as well. What you said reveals only the ignorance of American fans and is not testament to how good Shogun and Hendo are.

You know nothing of MMA, idiot. Go watch your hero GSP smother another can for 5 rounds like he always does or Tito who can't even beat one-dimensional wrestlers like Rashad. You are an UFC fanboy through and through. Your worship of everything UFC is pathetic and smells like a female groupie. It must be really painful to you that PRIDE fighters won all main card fights at UFC 134 beating all the UFC cans like Forrest Griffin.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
I believe it is a good match up but you are high ;)  ...if you think it will bring more then a Brock fight ???

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »

You're an idiot and a shitty fan.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »

That free JDS- Velasquez fight was a real war  ::)

Shut the fuck up and go jack off to the nude life sized cut out of GSP you keep next to the couch you sleep on.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
LOL...I love seeing all you little quiffs get your feeling hurt...LMAO.  Shogun the #2 LHW in the world?  Buahahaha! 

The main event of this card is the weakest of this whole year.  The rest of the card is pretty solid though.  Bonnar v Kingsbury, McDonald v Soto, Torres v Dos Anjos and of course Faber v Bowles are all awesome match ups. 
w

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »
LOL...I love seeing all you little quiffs get your feeling hurt...LMAO.  Shogun the #2 LHW in the world?  Buahahaha! 

The main event of this card is the weakest of this whole year.  The rest of the card is pretty solid though.  Bonnar v Kingsbury, McDonald v Soto, Torres v Dos Anjos and of course Faber v Bowles are all awesome match ups. 
I won`t be purchasing it, I would but the rest of the fights aren`t interesting and Shogon put on a poor performance last time

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »
I won`t be purchasing it, I would but the rest of the fights aren`t interesting and Shogon put on a poor performance last time

I agree.  The main event is weak.  But there are actually some awesome match ups on this card.  The Faber/Bowles fight should be the actual main event. 
w

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »

Just a few main events this year that I consider weaker then Shogun/Hendo.

Evans/Ortiz ( A has been and a boring wrestler )

Rampage/Hamill ( One guy who thinks he's a boxer and a boring wrestler )

Silva/Belfort ( 2 guys 5 years past their primes )

Atleast Henderson is still a top 185 and 205 contender and Shogun is the former LHW champ who just recently lost to Jon Jones who no one has even come close to beating.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »
I agree.  The main event is weak.  But there are actually some awesome match ups on this card.  The Faber/Bowles fight should be the actual main event. 

Absolutely no one would pay to see that.

Why do you think Cruz' last title defense was on versus?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 04:58:47 PM »
Absolutely no one would pay to see that.

Why do you think Cruz' last title defense was on versus?

I'm not saying a lot of people would want to pay for it.  Just saying it's an awesome fight.  Too bad it's bundled with such a crappy main event.
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 05:12:02 PM »
That free JDS- Velasquez fight was a real war.

Shut the fuck up and go jack off to the nude life sized cut out of GSP you keep next to the couch you sleep on.

GSP is a good fighter, but I hate his fighting style. He is the poster boy for the lay&pray school of fighting. Besides that fight with Koscheck, when have we seen him do anything besides take his opponents down and then smother them to win on either decisions or boring TKOs?

The fact that Mindless finds GSP fights more worthy of being PPV buys then exciting fighters like who go out to bang like Shogun and Hendo goes to show what an idiot this guy is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »
  GSP is a good fighter, but I hate his fighting style. He is the poster boy for the lay&pray school of fighting. Besides that fight with Koscheck, when have we seen him do anything besides take his opponents down and then smother them to win on either decisions or boring TKOs?

The fact that Mindless finds GSP fights more worthy of being PPV buys then exciting fighters like who go out to bang like Shogun and Hendo goes to show what an idiot this guy is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

And, I'm not the only one.  GSP sells more PPVs than any other fighter.  And, anyone who thinks GSP just lays and prays is truly ignorant.  Watch the Fitch fight.  He annihilated him and made his face look like hamburger meat.  How about what he did to Alves?  Did you see his face after the fight?  Or, watch the Dan Hardy fight.  He had multiple sub-attempts.  How much time did he spend on the ground with Shields?  And of course there is the Kos fight.  Kos wasn't able to fight for over a year after getting destroyed by GSP.  Don't confuse going to decision with lay & pray ::)

Watch this video and STFU :)

w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
And, I'm not the only one.  GSP sells more PPVs than any other fighter.  And, anyone who thinks GSP just lays and prays is truly ignorant.  Watch the Fitch fight.  He annihilated him and made his face look like hamburger meat.  How about what he did to Alves?  Did you see his face after the fight?  Or, watch the Dan Hardy fight.  He had multiple sub-attempts.  How much time did he spend on the ground with Shields?  And of course there is the Kos fight.  Kos wasn't able to fight for over a year after getting destroyed by GSP.  Don't confuse going to decision with lay & pray ::)

He sells more PPV because he is a Canadian national hero, you ridiculous moron! It has nothing to do with GSP's fighting style. Canada is the biggest MMA market on Earth, bigger even than the U.S, and GSP is Canadian. It is the same reason Brock Lesnar sells more PPV's than Anderson even though Anderson is a better fighter, since Brock Lesnar is a former WWE star and thus attracts all the rednecks. Again, nothing to do with his fighting ability. And the video you posted proves my point: besides the Koscheck fight, GSP never bangs. One of the most boring fighters ever. Don't you ever get tired of saying stupid things? How many more times do I need to own you?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »
And, I'm not the only one.  GSP sells more PPVs than any other fighter.  And, anyone who thinks GSP just lays and prays is truly ignorant.  Watch the Fitch fight.  He annihilated him and made his face look like hamburger meat.  How about what he did to Alves?  Did you see his face after the fight?  Or, watch the Dan Hardy fight.  He had multiple sub-attempts.  How much time did he spend on the ground with Shields?  And of course there is the Kos fight.  Kos wasn't able to fight for over a year after getting destroyed by GSP.  Don't confuse going to decision with lay & pray ::)

Actually Brock Lesnar is the UFC's biggest draw.

His last 3 ppv fights have all sold over 1 million ppv's with ufc 116 topping out at 1.2 million buys.

Whereas GSP's last title fight with jake shields only had 800,000 buys.

I dont believe gsp has hit over the 1million buy mark yet on ppv.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »

You said GSP is not worthy of a PPV buy.  He sells more PPV than Rua or Hendo, so you must wrong.  Oh, and next time you watch the highlight reel, put on your glasses.  You'll see GSP drop Fitch & Hughes, as well as batter the shit out of Alves, BJ, etc.

You thinking GSP is boring exposes you for the uneducated fanboy that you are.  GSP is one of the most technical fighters to ever set foot in the octagon.  And, arguably the most successful.  Most consider him to be one of the top P4P fighters today and the greatest welterweight in the history of the sport.  He has never been controlled in a fight and always dominates his opposition.  He has been caught twice (Hughes/Serra) and he avenged both losses unequivocally.   
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 09:17:29 AM »
Actually Brock Lesnar is the UFC's biggest draw.

His last 3 ppv fights have all sold over 1 million ppv's with ufc 116 topping out at 1.2 million buys.

Whereas GSP's last title fight with jake shields only had 800,000 buys.

I dont believe gsp has hit over the 1million buy mark yet on ppv.

You are correct.  Of the top 10 PPVs, GSP was in two.  Brock in three.
w

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »
Hendo by decision.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »
You are correct.  Of the top 10 PPVs, GSP was in two.  Brock in three.
You said he is correct, but then you said the opposite by saying Brock is in third and GSP in second, huh,
and who is in first?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »
You said he is correct, but then you said the opposite by saying Brock is in third and GSP in second, huh,
and who is in first?

Read my post again.  It doesn't day anything about anyone being 2nd or 3rd.  It says that out of the top the PPVs Brock had 3 and GSP had 2.  Therefore, Brock has had more top grossing PPVs...
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »
You said GSP is not worthy of a PPV buy.  He sells more PPV than Rua or Hendo, so you must wrong.  Oh, and next time you watch the highlight reel, put on your glasses.  You'll see GSP drop Fitch & Hughes, as well as batter the shit out of Alves, BJ, etc.

You thinking GSP is boring exposes you for the uneducated fanboy that you are.  GSP is one of the most technical fighters to ever set foot in the octagon.  And, arguably the most successful.  Most consider him to be one of the top P4P fighters today and the greatest welterweight in the history of the sport.  He has never been controlled in a fight and always dominates his opposition.  He has been caught twice (Hughes/Serra) and he avenged both losses unequivocally.  

Why are you addressing your own post ??? GSP is boring because he lays&prays to the win. Where have I stated that he is a bad fighter? I said he is a good fighter. This has nothing to do with being not good, but with him being boring. He either shoots and takes the guy down and lays on him to win on a decision, or in the very few times he bangs he just uses the jab to set up the takedowns - the exception being the fight with Koscheck. And you got owned royally with your claim of GSP having more PPV buys then Shogun or Hendo: obviously he has, since Canada is the World'd biggest MMA market and GSP is a Canadian national hero. Does this prove that GSP is a more exciting fighter than either Shogun or Hendo? No! Wandy is a lot more entertaining than GSP. He goes out there to bang to the end, win or lose. This is what the fans want to see. And FYI, Wandy is still one of the top UFC fighters in terms of PPV buys. People love him. When he entered at UFC 126, the entire stadium was on their feet.

SUCKMYMUSCLE