Poll

Do you support a pre-emptive attack on Iran?

Yes
No
Only if they detonate a nuclear weapon

Author Topic: Do you support attacking iran? Look at the costs, then VOTE please  (Read 749 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Do you support a pre-emptive attack on Iran?

$1 billion for 1st strike on itan
$900k per single troop per year!!!!!!!!!!!!

$90 billion per year to control ground in Iraq.

Not to mention the human cost - would be very high to enter that country.  They've been watching how iraq resisted us for almost a decade.  It would be a bloody street fight.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Do you support attacking iran? Look at the costs, then VOTE please
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
Do you support Iran having nuclear weapons?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »
Do you support Iran having nuclear weapons?

I do not, but then I don't support anyone having them... I'd simply say to Iran... Do what you want, but if you launch one Nuclear weapon at anyone, I will flatten your country.

End of story.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »
I question the reliability of the numbers.  A "preemptive strike" would not involve boots on the ground. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
I do not, but then I don't support anyone having them... I'd simply say to Iran... Do what you want, but if you launch one Nuclear weapon at anyone, I will flatten your country.

End of story.
problem is if they have multiple nukes and decide to launch them all.

You really think that we will flatten your country is a threat to admedinijad(spelling)?

you really think he cares one shit about those ppl?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 06:00:57 PM »
I question the reliability of the numbers.  A "preemptive strike" would not involve boots on the ground. 
I thought the same thing, this kind of thinking is just plain ignorant and is meant to be self serving

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 06:03:21 PM »
It's almost like there isn't a thread down the page with 14 responses asking the same question.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 06:07:09 PM »
problem is if they have multiple nukes and decide to launch them all.

You really think that we will flatten your country is a threat to admedinijad(spelling)?

you really think he cares one shit about those ppl?

Well, he can't launch them at the US of course, but there are some nutbags over there who would definitely try to send them to somewhere.

No, he doesn't give a damn about his own people, if he did, then he wouldn't be doing any of this in the first place.

The problem is that while we have justification here, it's very difficult considering the fiasco that Iraq was and how stupid it was.

Maybe we should just send in a couple of teams to just kill the Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad.

I dunno... It's a tough one right now. We've used up a lot of our get out of jail cards.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »
It's almost like there isn't a thread down the page with 14 responses asking the same question.

this one illustrates the COST of the Iran war.

People who complained about the $2bil Libya price tag... are they okay with $100 bil plus per year on occupying another shithole?

Personally, I don't think the US should do it.  Let ISR nuke Iran... problem solved!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 06:33:53 PM »
this one illustrates the COST of the Iran war.

People who complained about the $2bil Libya price tag... are they okay with $100 bil plus per year on occupying another shithole?

Personally, I don't think the US should do it.  Let ISR nuke Iran... problem solved!

Iran has elections next year. Shit is going to hit the fan when the Mullahs steal the election again. It would make sense to wait to see how that plays out.

The father of Iran's missile program died in an explosion at an ammo depot over the weekend. Iran claims it was an accident that occurred while they were moving ordinance which pretty much says they're scared of Israel, who continues to pick off people they shouldn't be able to touch.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
Iran has elections next year. Shit is going to hit the fan when the Mullahs steal the election again. It would make sense to wait to see how that plays out.

The father of Iran's missile program died in an explosion at an ammo depot over the weekend. Iran claims it was an accident that occurred while they were moving ordinance which pretty much says they're scared of Israel, who continues to pick off people they shouldn't be able to touch.

hahaa that's some cool shit... they wait til someone important is at the nuke plant, then he has an 'accident'.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
Well, he can't launch them at the US of course, but there are some nutbags over there who would definitely try to send them to somewhere.

No, he doesn't give a damn about his own people, if he did, then he wouldn't be doing any of this in the first place.

The problem is that while we have justification here, it's very difficult considering the fiasco that Iraq was and how stupid it was.

Maybe we should just send in a couple of teams to just kill the Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad.

I dunno... It's a tough one right now. We've used up a lot of our get out of jail cards.

agreed, we used up alot of our good will with the iraq screw up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »
I question the reliability of the numbers.  A "preemptive strike" would not involve boots on the ground.  

CNN at 715 pm EST or so, broke down the cost per troop (salary, support, etc), the cost of the initial shock/awe aerial attack and coordination, etc.  Estimate was for a 100,000 man ground force to occupy nation.  Maybe Rummy thought we needed less, but...

So you can scale back the numbers for less troops, and of course an initial airstrike campaign would be cheap - but then what?  Take out just the plants?  Or destory their infrastructure like we did in iraq, so there's no food, elec or water... plenty of motivation to pick up a gun.

End of story.

Yep.  "If a nuke goes off on US soil, I will set off 30 nukes on your 30 biggest cities.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit, that's perfect.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
We will never put boots on the ground in Iran regardless of whether we or the IDF flatten it or not.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 09:53:22 PM »
CNN at 715 pm EST or so, broke down the cost per troop (salary, support, etc), the cost of the initial shock/awe aerial attack and coordination, etc.  Estimate was for a 100,000 man ground force to occupy nation.  Maybe Rummy thought we needed less, but...

So you can scale back the numbers for less troops, and of course an initial airstrike campaign would be cheap - but then what?  Take out just the plants?  Or destory their infrastructure like we did in iraq, so there's no food, elec or water... plenty of motivation to pick up a gun.

We will never put boots on the ground in Iran regardless of whether we or the IDF flatten it or not.