Author Topic: Should Gabby Giffords relinquish her position?  (Read 518 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Should Gabby Giffords relinquish her position?
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:09:25 PM »
Now I'm not trying to be a dick but it needs to be asked. The woman struggles to string words together, let alone serve her district as a congressman. Granted I'm not from her district so it's not a big deal but the question needs to be asked.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Should Gabby Giffords relinquish her position?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
anyone who says so publically will be branded world's biggest a-hole.

she SHOULD give it to another dem, whatever, but it's a 100% safe seat this way.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
Of course she should give up her seat. If she can't do the job..she's out. 240 you just affirmed your lib status....libs feel....whats the friggen law in that state?
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »
Of course she should give up her seat. If she can't do the job..she's out. 240 you just affirmed your lib status....libs feel....whats the friggen law in that state?

???

Um, i agreed that she's not fit to do her job.  She should step down, whatver the process is, and give it to someone from her party - so that THEY may run against a challenger in 2012. 

Cause anyone who runs against her is going to be braded the biggest prick ever, and that's wrong.  her seat should be vote-able.  if she was in a coma, they would be doing so.

hh6, youre so eager to scream lib at someone, ya didn't read what i wrote.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »
Yes

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
Now I'm not trying to be a dick but it needs to be asked. The woman struggles to string words together, let alone serve her district as a congressman. Granted I'm not from her district so it's not a big deal but the question needs to be asked.

Yes!  She is in no shape to be a Congresswoman and won't be in shape any time soon.  We all wish her well, but she has been out of commission for (what?) ten months?  How many of us could be away from work for that long and still have a job?  And she will continue to be away for another year, maybe two.  If you can be away from the job for that long do they even need you?  There is talk of her running for Senate.  On what?  A sympathy platform?  Sorry, I can't support that.  Go away, get well, spend time with your family, but the public's business must go on.

If she really does make a full recovery then run for office again.  But for now she needs to step aside.  Too many people in Washington seem to think that holding on to power is more important than anything.  It's not.  Your health is more important.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
Any member of the Reserves or National Guard can be away from their job for years and not lose the job. 

I don't know whether she should quit.  I heard her public comments and she sounded slow, but if she is able to process information and make decisions, including vote, then no she doesn't need to resign.  Haven't heard or seen enough to say whether she's able to do that.   

newmom

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
yes she should. When she's 100 percent (if it happens) she would win if she ran