Author Topic: Best Heels?  (Read 7641 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: Best Heels?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 06:06:19 AM »

Yeah, Spacey leads a tough life.
 ::)

;D

hahahaha

I think he had gotten over it...I guess Al Pacino, Ed Harris, and even Jack Lemmon calling you a worthless cvvnt multiple times a day can get to someone. 
~

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 06:19:17 AM »
I remember an interview in which Harrison Ford was questioned about "method acting."
He simply replied, "My approach to acting is the 'let's pretend' school of acting."

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »
I've been around wrestlers my whole life and all the heels were just as nice as everyone else.  Most of the guys are super nice and are nothing like the characters they play. If your an ass hole,  your an ass hole I don't think it has anything to do with your gimmick. 

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
cobra
sept 10th APF

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 02:00:12 AM »
I've been around wrestlers my whole life and all the heels were just as nice as everyone else.  Most of the guys are super nice and are nothing like the characters they play. If your an ass hole,  your an ass hole I don't think it has anything to do with your gimmick. 

I always made the argument that if Abdullah the Butcher or George Steele were really like their in-ring characters, they'd never be able to get on a plane or check into a hotel.  I used to daydream about the various pro wrestlers doing ordinary things still dressed in their costumes...

Ric Flair taking seven minutes to order a Value Meal because he has to say, "Wooo!!" every 12th word.

~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »
I liked the Masked Superstar in Mid-Atlantic.  The cerebral, calm, matter-of-fact manner he used in his interviews made it pop when he got emotional.  I know he was also one of the Demolition guys but to me he is always Superstar.

Regarding an earlier question about heel wrestlers having emotional issues because they might internalize the crowd's "hatred," I do remember actor Kevin Spacey saying he had gotten very depressed filming "Glengarry Glen Ross" because he internalized all the verbal abuse his character absorbed in the movie.

Masked Superstar was also one of my early favorites.  He had everything.  Great build, great on the mic and could wrestle his tail off.  Should have had a run as a world champ at some point.  Never care for the Demolition tag-team, although great in ring they killed them with the cheesy facepaint and blatant ripoff of the Warriors, imo.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
When Bret started bad rapping America he was great!

Gold:

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
When Bret started bad rapping America he was great!

Oh yea I agree!

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 11:56:16 PM »
I always liked Barry Windham, great worker. He was a big dude without being a workout guy.
[img]